Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

Default 98 fairmont ghia abs/trac lights

Hi guys, been a member of eseries forums for ages but just today bought an au fairmont ghia on dual/fuel, I didnt notice untill i got it home (3 hours) later, that the spots where the abs and trac control should be have been blanked off which tells me they must stay on, I havent removed the cluster as yet but wondering what this means?? Any help would be awesome as I have to change names over so obviously need a rwc and want to fix it before that.

Cheers

1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
stavros68

Default Re: 98 fairmont ghia abs/trac lights

Needs a ABS module had the same problem with mine you can get yours repaired for a few hundred on ebay you only take the electronics off not the hole unit. Traction control unit wont work when your running gas only with petrol.
stavros68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
BHDOGS
Banned

on my two duel fuel aus the traction control would automatically turn itself off whenever i switched the car to gas from petrol far as im away this is a standard thing and person they blocked it out because they got sick of looking at it when on gas.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

Thanks guys, yeah I knew the trac light issue as my mates au with a 5l does the same but in this case abs aswell, least its only a few hundread i guess, better then a few thousand which what some really old posts said.

Cheers
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post