Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: 2014 Ford Falcon spy pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
It's safe to say that the FH update will be just like the BA to BF update, very minor cosmetic changes that the untrained eye would not even notice. Doors will be the same, boot will be the same, different lights at rear, different bumper and lights at front, front fenders slightly different to accomodate the new headlights.
Fortunately you are incorrect. A pillar forward and c pillar rearward is changing and you cannot mistake it for an FG. Not even close.

Mules have been around a few months too.

Cheers
Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo View Post
Fortunately you are incorrect. A pillar forward and c pillar rearward is changing and you cannot mistake it for an FG. Not even close.

Cheers
You have pics/links to share with the rest of us? I've not seen or heard anything other than a AU - BA style like upgrade.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
You have pics/links to share with the rest of us? I've not seen or heard anything other than a AU - BA style like upgrade.
Considering it's all still secret, it's unlikely that there'll be any published information out there.
But yeah, think about it as the AU3-BA upgrade minus the changes to the interior or underneath.

Quote:
Is the interior getting a revamp?
Essentially no. IMO the only issue with the current car ('s interior) is the quality of the materials and I'm led to believe that'll change. But otherwise expect the same shape as the FG.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Essentially no. IMO the only issue with the current car ('s interior) is the quality of the materials and I'm led to believe that'll change. But otherwise expect the same shape as the FG.
That would be disappointing. To me, the FG interior looks dated, especially alongside the other current Ford offerings. IMO the interior is the weak link in the FG, which is otherwise quite a decent package and a good looker on the outside.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 11-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Considering it's all still secret, it's unlikely that there'll be any published information out there.
But yeah, think about it as the AU3-BA upgrade minus the changes to the interior or underneath.

It would be good if the brought back the snug, convenient and ergonomic BA/F Door Grab Handles...
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
It would be good if the brought back the snug, convenient and ergonomic BA/F Door Grab Handles...
And the brilliant simplicity and large buttons of the BA ICC..
4 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FH

Last edited by csv8; 24-01-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
The FH
I don't think it will be far off between this and the Fusion/Mondeo.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
Focused

Quote:
True that. I must admit I love the high-series EF/EL door grab handles/arm rests.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
JG33

2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #11
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers
I can't think exactly what a Ford official said, but it was along the lines of "don't expect much in the next (FH) Falcon" but this could have been tech wise, not styling?

Do you know something more than we do, do you know an insider?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #12
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers
Sounds like a much larger update than we thought if that's true.

I'm surprised that anonymous photographer of caradvice.com.au hasn't snapped anything running around You Yangs yet. They were really on the ball back in 2007, posting pics of the FG prototypes running around on both in public and the proving ground.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #13
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
I'm talking about the appearance of the car here, not the underpinnings
Old 10-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm talking about the appearance of the car here, not the underpinnings
I never said underpinnings. A change of A and C pillars is a much bigger change than just new front and rear bumpers like it's anticipated to be.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post

I'm surprised that anonymous photographer of caradvice.com.au hasn't snapped anything running around You Yangs yet. They were really on the ball back in 2007, posting pics of the FG prototypes running around on both in public and the proving ground.
Don't expect any enthusiasm or support from Caradvice.

Ever since the appalling Jez Spinks joined Caradvice (as Editor in Chief ??), there has been a major shift to an irrational and pervasive editorial anti-Ford bias, with Spinks reveling in every opportunity to almost hysterically malign, demean and damn the Falcon - the antitheses of professional objectivity.

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 11-01-2014 at 12:03 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

Ever since the appalling Jez Spinks joined Caradvice (as Editor in Chief ??), there has been a major shift to an irrational and pervasive editorial anti-Ford bias, with Spinks reveling in every opportunity to almost hysterically malign, demean and damn the Falcon - the antitheses of professional objectivity.
100% spot on there. The guy is a douche.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 12-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
100% spot on there. The guy is a douche.
Jez Spinks a Douche? That's going easy on the gormless, professionally incompetent and unethical moron.

It would be great if another on-line alternative, capitalised on the vacuum created from the once quality, interesting, informative and objective Caradvice (Predating Lez...er....Jez Spinks).....and we might finally get some "real" "Spy" shots.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Jez Spinks a Douche?
Jizz Spunks?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #19
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Jizz Spunks?
Jiz Spanks

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 12-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
v8der
Naturally Aspirated

From Ford's Chief Designer, Chris Svensson:

“You’re going to be surprised when you see it, how different it is versus today’s car,” said Mr Svensson, who said all the design work was done locally.

“We had enough scope that I think when you put the two cars side by side you’ll be shocked at the difference."

Read the whole article here: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A9E007EDCE8

This puts to bed the theory the FH will only be a minor generic cosmetic change. From the same article:

The FG Falcon’s basic ‘glasshouse’ is expected to remain, but redesigned headlights, bumpers and grille, a new bonnet and front quarter panels will transform the look of the Falcon.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #21
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8der View Post
From Ford's Chief Designer, Chris Svensson:

“You’re going to be surprised when you see it, how different it is versus today’s car,” said Mr Svensson, who said all the design work was done locally.

“We had enough scope that I think when you put the two cars side by side you’ll be shocked at the difference."

Read the whole article here: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A9E007EDCE8

This puts to bed the theory the FH will only be a minor generic cosmetic change. From the same article:

The FG Falcon’s basic ‘glasshouse’ is expected to remain, but redesigned headlights, bumpers and grille, a new bonnet and front quarter panels will transform the look of the Falcon.
I know I'm going to get anger from the FG owners but IMHO...

That's great news! Personally I have disliked the FG since it's release aside from the glasshouse and door skins.

Bring on some muscle to the design!

Shame I will not be in the country to buy one new for the next 2-3 years! Better be lots second hand when we get back!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 11-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #22
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Caradvice lost its relevance to me years ago. The comment feed at the bottom of each page became full of trolling and flame wars. If one of their own writers is now pushing an anti-Ford agenda, their site can go disappear from the web for all I care.
Closed Thread