Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #31
ohzone
Dent Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrivens
Think it may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but what the tool sellers etc don't tell you is that the tools have to be moved outwards to depress the internal clips from their locking position in the mount to allow the unit to slide forward. Just pressing them in and pulling doesn't work as the clips haven't been depressed - that "click" is just the end of the tool clicking into the slot. Push them in, then with your thumbs hooked in the tools and pulling each one out towards the doors, pull both your hands towards your body. I've done a few and have never had a problem.
Exactly right Mate! tried it this way and it was out in about 10 seconds, oh and you are definitely best to "just" insert the tool ends in the clips rather than pushing them in a long way :sm_headba
ohzone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #32
ECOJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrivens
Think it may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but what the tool sellers etc don't tell you is that the tools have to be moved outwards to depress the internal clips from their locking position in the mount to allow the unit to slide forward. Just pressing them in and pulling doesn't work as the clips haven't been depressed - that "click" is just the end of the tool clicking into the slot. Push them in, then with your thumbs hooked in the tools and pulling each one out towards the doors, pull both your hands towards your body. I've done a few and have never had a problem.

agreed again

I purchased the tool off a seller on ebay for $10 shipped. After trying to make dodgy tools with drill bits, allen keys and coathangers with no luck, this tool went in and, following the technique above, got the radio out in 5 seconds!
Old 17-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #33
aye you
The Origional, The Best

someone's been thread mining....
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #34
Trav89
Starter Motor

I cut a clotheshanger up, worked a treat.
Trav89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
blue95
Starter Motor

Same here, just roughly followed the dimensions on the diagram.
blue95 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #36
Bodza
Starter Motor

Thank you for all those posts! It worked well for me (not 5 seconds but eventually!) and was able to remove the radio from my car. Great directions and advice that was easy to follow. Much appreciated.
Bodza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #37
Agent007au
Starter Motor

Default Re: au radio removal

Thanks heaps for the info guys. I tried to remove my player several months back but gave up after a few hours. This time I followed the instructions above to make my own tools from a wire coathanger. It finally came out after a couple of minutes. You definitely pull the tool hard outwards towards the side doors then pull the whole unit out out. You can do it by yourself but need to use some effort here. lol

Now I'm going to fiddle with it and clean it to see if it will play my original CD's consistently again.....instead of having to bash the front of it to get it to play or eject a CD. lol Wish me luck!
Agent007au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #38
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hey, welcome to the forums.

Sometimes the old posts are the most valuable

You'll need more than luck to get it working properly... a miracle would be more likely, lol.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #39
fordfreak22
Starter Motor

I used a coat hanger myself, took a little bit of time but it came out. Those tools on ebay would be a lot quicker.
fordfreak22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #40
turquoise

I broke one of the clips when removing the tape deck, she was stuck nice and good. Screw driver and a pair of pliers soon sorted it out tho, I think it's called 'destructive removal'!