Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Old 21-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question BA Xr8 Lowering help

Hey everyone...

im looking at lowering my XR8, im not sure on whether to drop the whole car or just the rear to level out the stance! Has anyone done this or have any info?

I've heard that these XR's sit lower already than the base model BA.

I'd be looking at using King Springs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Adam...
:evil3:

EVL.54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL.54L
Hey everyone...

im looking at lowering my XR8, im not sure on whether to drop the whole car or just the rear to level out the stance! Has anyone done this or have any info?

I've heard that these XR's sit lower already than the base model BA.

I'd be looking at using King Springs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Adam...
:evil3:

Most use Kings SL's on front and SSL's on the rear
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i was to just leave the front as is, will SL's on the rear level the car out?

Old 21-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Have a look at this thread this seems to me to be about right atleast you can see what the result is just remember we have some dodgey roads and speed humps mate. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11237797

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info guys, i just popped some Lovells SuperLows in and it sit nice and even.