Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 13-06-2023, 11:17 AM   #1
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Default A.U. Drivers Seat Belt Needed.

Good Morning Everyone.

New here so go easy.

My Grand Son has bought a 1999 A.U. sedan as his first car and has now found out that the Drivers seat belt is sub par for a Road Worthy.

He has tried to fit an after market one but they lack the tangs on the back which locate in the B Pillar.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Drivers seat belt for this A.U. to help him out.

Regards.

David.
Manly Q. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 12:15 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: A.U. Drivers Seat Belt Needed.

You need to provide more details or even a VIN as there are several different seat belts across AU along with colours.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 12:17 PM   #3
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Thanks.

I will get the vin number off of my Grand Son.

David.
Old 13-06-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

To follow up on my request for a seat belt for my Grand Sons A.U. he has sent me the vin.

6FPAAAJGSWXY5.

I hope that that makes sense. He is only 17 and this is his first car.

He believes that the belt is Grey.

Thanks for any help in finding one.

David.
Old 13-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly Q. View Post
To follow up on my request for a seat belt for my Grand Sons A.U. he has sent me the vin.

6FPAAAJGSWXY5.

I hope that that makes sense. He is only 17 and this is his first car.

He believes that the belt is Grey.

Thanks for any help in finding one.

David.
Hi David,

The VIN should be 17 digits long, you have the first 13 correct, but need the remaining 4 numerals for it to be complete.

GT
Old 13-06-2023, 02:15 PM   #6
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Thanks I have the rest of the vin now.

1999. A.U. Sedan.

6FPAAAJGSWXY52819.

Thanks

David.
Old 13-06-2023, 09:08 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks I have the rest of the vin now.

1999. A.U. Sedan.

6FPAAAJGSWXY52819.

Thanks

David.
Damm,

The VIN did not narrow it down to the actual part number. Need to know if the belt is grey or black.

GT
Old 14-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #8
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Hi G.T. Legend.

The seat belt is Grey.

David.
Old 14-06-2023, 05:10 PM   #9
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone.

New here so go easy.

My Grand Son has bought a 1999 A.U. sedan as his first car and has now found out that the Drivers seat belt is sub par for a Road Worthy.

He has tried to fit an after market one but they lack the tangs on the back which locate in the B Pillar.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Drivers seat belt for this A.U. to help him out.

Regards.

David.
Hi. As long as the retractor fits the same way and the belt rolls off it in the same direction the tangs near the fixing bolt are not needed. The tangs are there to aid alignment when fitting the belt on the assembly line. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2023, 05:18 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok suggest you contact these guys as genuine new ones are no longer available.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/28490682...Bk9SR4r79IeXYg
Old 14-06-2023, 06:49 PM   #11
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. As long as the retractor fits the same way and the belt rolls off it in the same direction the tangs near the fixing bolt are not needed. The tangs are there to aid alignment when fitting the belt on the assembly line. Cheers MD

Thanks Foxtrot.

My Grand son said that two had been tried without the tangs on the back of them and when the belt was pulled out the retractor moved side ways on its` locating / retaining bolt.

I did not see it but he is working with a mechanic in the Redlands getting the car ready for Road Worthy.

David.
Old 14-06-2023, 07:17 PM   #12
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

See https://www.seatsafe.com.au/products...t_type=product New AU ones $200.00. At3/120 Gardens Drive Willawong QLD 4110 per https://www.seatsafe.com.au/contact-us/
Old 14-06-2023, 07:26 PM   #13
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
See https://www.seatsafe.com.au/products...t_type=product New AU ones $200.00. At3/120 Gardens Drive Willawong QLD 4110 per https://www.seatsafe.com.au/contact-us/

Thanks Aussie Blue. I have passed their details on to Apollo, he will give them a call..

David.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-06-2023, 08:08 PM   #14
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
I have passed their details on to Apollo, he will give them a call
So am I talking to Zeus?
Old 15-06-2023, 10:41 AM   #15
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
So am I talking to Zeus?

Unfortunately No.

I am his Grand Father not his Father. My Son gave him a great name and he has accepted that it is different and he is a really great young Man I am very proud of Him.

If You knew the history of Zeus You would not want to be Him. lol

Regards.

David.
Old 15-06-2023, 10:45 AM   #16
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Thanks Everyone for Your Help.

Apollo has ordered both front seatbelts from one of the suggested sellers from You.

When I see him next I will get him top join the Forum so that he can converse with you for any queries he has about his A.U.

Once again Thanks for the Help.

David.
This user likes this post: