Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #101
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default rough idle

Leaking inlet manifold results in rough idle. Spoke to my mechanic & he said it is very common & they tighten them on Au's every service

Other than that the slow power front windows which silcone spray fixes. Have had the AU2 for 13,000 kms now & at 92,000km & 800km per week will soon see how it stands up. So far so good : : :
Sleeperau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #102
SPLINTER
AU2 XR8 PURSUIT UTE

: : :
I have just purchased a 2001 AU2 Xr8 pursuit ute and i have only had it for three weeks and sometines it doesn't start- It will crank over okay but it will not fire up- and it idle's like a pig on occasion. It has done 61000km's-
Does anyone else have this problem and/or any idead on what it could be caused by?
SPLINTER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #103
SPLINTER
AU2 XR8 PURSUIT UTE

:
Sorry Casper i jusy read your rule.. Forgive me, I'm blonde!
SPLINTER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #104
boodek
Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
So far I have noticed the fuel gauge problem on my EGAS AUII XLS.

Only sometimes it will just go dead empty and show DTE - 0 ... but slowly climbs back up to the right capacity (takes about 30 min to do so though).
It's still happening on each of our 5 BA EGas work utes!! No point rushing into a fix...
boodek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #105
fredwah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Dash lights dull - fitted blue LEDs.
AU1 brakes ineffective - fitted DBA slotted rotors.
AU2 I6 hesitated badly at WOT - replace leads #3 & #6.
[QUOTE=FREDWAH] where can I get those blue LED's from and how much are they and how do I fit them?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #106
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

2000 model Au2,i had to put a new radiator in as the plastic end tanks were leaking,i replaced it with a series 1 copper radiator.
-Had the central locking module on both rear doors fail in the unlock position (1 under warranty) and 1 just recently.
-Had to fit a new coil pack as the coil for number 5 cylinder burnt out.
-Fitted a new battery as the old one died
-Have had the front window probs on both sides where it goes up extremely slow but they are both working good at the moment.
-Oh ive also got to replace the globe which shows you what gear you are in (auto tranny).Anyone know if you have to trake the whole centre console out to get to it?
Thats been about it for me.

Last edited by StevenAu2; 05-09-2005 at 05:34 PM.
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #107
SVR73
Mr Polish

Hi mate, haven't heard from you in ages.
I think I saw pics of your car about three years ago - very nice
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #108
CrYpTiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Most cars have quite a few recalls in their lives. I can't find the site just now but there is one dedicated to motor vehicle recalls. No manufacturer is safe from product problems, not even Merc or BMW.

Most motor enthusiasts forums are filled with people looking for hints and tips on problems that occur. Don't be put off by this.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm
thats the link i am shore ya talking about :
Old 07-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #109
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Dash lights dull - fitted blue LEDs.
How many of the blue LEDs did you have to buy? Also does it come out the same as the blue dash of the BA's? Apart from the speedo,tacho,fuel,temp section did you also do behind the air con section,the panel around the cd player?
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #110
sickxr
Ford POWER!

How does everybody fix their ruff idle promblems? I have one now...
sickxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #111
Blackbird

Wink Climate contol unit

Hi My name is Blackbird ,

Common Problem in AU Series climate control unit LCD
***edited***

Last edited by Casper; 17-09-2005 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertising is against forum rules
Old 17-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #112
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLINTER
: : :
I have just purchased a 2001 AU2 Xr8 pursuit ute and i have only had it for three weeks and sometines it doesn't start- It will crank over okay but it will not fire up- and it idle's like a pig on occasion. It has done 61000km's-
Does anyone else have this problem and/or any idead on what it could be caused by?
Ive had the same start problem with the 220 It's to much fuel im told.You have to hold the accelerator down to cut out the injetors then it will start.FORD said this was a common prob with the "T" series motors? :alien2:
Old 20-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #113
ir33t
Starter Motor

Oil pump drive gear... TODAY

Oil light came on....

oh and yea, the brake switch (pinched one from a dead taxi - lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (48.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (50.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (45.2 KB, 94 views)
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #114
irate
Starter Motor

Default wots the go?

Has anyone else had head problems? I have an AU Series ll dedicated gas ute and done only 70,000 k's. Just taken it in for her log book service and all 6 spark plugs are coroded just about beyond recognition. Had taken her in 6 mths prior and had very similar problems to other person with all the little problems which amount to nearly $800. Just had head replaced, valves done, leads, plugs, gaskets etc etc. wots the go, is it just dedicated gas vehicles that have these delimmas or wot? could somebody please get back to me.
irate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #115
vaaphay
Starter Motor

Default blackauxr699

I have owned a au 99 xr6 since brand new, this car has been a great car except for a few teething problems put it into ford for a service at 30.000 ks they replaced the gearbox, also needed a new petrol filter it came off on our way to Queensland.

I have driven this car to Melbourne and the Gold Coast with just my son and I and it never missed a beat I am very happy with my au
vaaphay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #116
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate
Has anyone else had head problems? I have an AU Series ll dedicated gas ute and done only 70,000 k's. Just taken it in for her log book service and all 6 spark plugs are coroded just about beyond recognition. Had taken her in 6 mths prior and had very similar problems to other person with all the little problems which amount to nearly $800. Just had head replaced, valves done, leads, plugs, gaskets etc etc. wots the go, is it just dedicated gas vehicles that have these delimmas or wot? could somebody please get back to me.
Damn I have an AUII dedicated EGAS ute ... and it has done 130,000km without missing a beat.

I replace my spark plugs with Iridium IXs for the gas .. the old NGK Rs were shot ... and cracking ... the Iridiums last longer and give better spark for the LPG models.

I just replace me leads as well ... but i know that spark plugs on LPG engines do not last long at all ... I am only expecting about 30,000km out of mine ... if i get more ... I'll be happy.

How many km's per year do you do???? What type of driving do you do as well???
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #117
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Other than that ... I have replaced the hose out the back of the power steering reservoir (because it leaked all over the alternator and killed it) ... so i have a reconditioned alternator in there now too.

Will be replacing suspension soon ... but will get a Susoension check as well as there are a few rumbles/thuds/rattles from underneath it on semi-rough roads.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #118
studz007

Having problems filling up petrol. The petrol nozzel just keeps clicking. takes ages to fill up. Tries different servo's and that doesn't seem to do anything. Confused. Also put in a new air pod. To me it seems that it has made it a bit sluggish or is it just me getting use to the power of the car.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #119
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by studz007
. Also put in a new air pod. To me it seems that it has made it a bit sluggish or is it just me getting use to the power of the car.
make sure the pod is in a airbox or it will be a waste of time, too much hot air in the engine bay.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:38 PM   #120
telstar1

i own a 98 au wagon it has 157,000ks the only problem i have had was with the starter motor got the bushes fixed. 3 weeks after being fixed played up again took the car back found out the auto electrican did not fully check it out result brand new starter no cost to me
telstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 01:32 AM   #121
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here's my list of problems, with the fix for each in brackets:
1. No extractors (fitted pacemaker 4499s)
2. Leaking rear muffler (replaced with redback 2.5" cats back system)
3. Ride height in the clouds (fitted eibach "-25" springs in the front - same as King superlows, and got rear leaves reset 60mm. Have since changed rear leaves to King Heavy Duty items, with total drop at the back of about 40mm from standard - ie raised approx 20mm from original lowered height)
4. Black door handles (fitted chrome ones from a Fairmont Ghia)
5. Cloth inserts in doors (fitted self made vinyl inserts)
6. 16 x 7" alloys (fitted 18x8 & 18x9s)
7. Standard grille fitted to car (fitted custom mesh grille, then C2R grille, now XR grille)
8. Standard headlights (painted bezel black, a la T series. Now have XR lights, front end, bonnet and bonnet latch)
9. Air filter dirty (fitted 3" intake pipe, and pod filter in stock air box. Did the Casper/JC air box mod - extra intake from behind headlights)
10. Standard AU2 front rotors (fitted DBA 502S - slotteds)
11. Standard shocks travelled 120,000km (fitted Monroe GT gas Reflex)
12. Dead battery (bought and fitted new battery)
13. Stock CD player/radio (fitted JVC DVD player, 7" in-dash screen and 8" TFT flip down screen)
14. Stock speakers (fitted Pioneer 2 way 5x&s front and 4" 2 way rears)
15. Stock AU vinyl/plastic shifter (fitted leather gear shifter, but soon to fit AU SSS shifter and electronics)
16. Dash bulbs white (made and fitted blue & red LEDS)
17. No driving lights on Forte (fitted driving lights behind the grille, including switchable Red/blue flashing LEDs)
18. Unpainted rocker cover (painted rocker cover black)
19. No fanbelt shroud/cover (Fitted cover (signed by Marcus Ambrose) from my AU1 XR6)
20. MAP sensor, spark plug leads & plugs worn out (replaced all items)
21. Windows untinted/slightly tinted - (Got windows tinted darkest legal - 35%?)

That's about it. Most of them are not really problems with car, just problems with the owner - got that "Mod bug".
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #122
wonkydogman2
Starter Motor

Had my AUIII serviced (40,000km) at FORD the other day (my mistake). About a week later I could hear a rattle/clunk in the back when driving ( top shock mounts ). Trip to Pedders three weeks later for quote to fix. They found a few other things wrong. The main thing was the "rack and pinion" was stuffed with oil leaking out of the boot. My question to ford was, if you guys serviced why not see oil leak??? They could not answer but would look into it. My fault for taking to ford for service I supose. I thought I had good service from then in the past though

Last edited by wonkydogman2; 14-10-2005 at 08:47 AM.
wonkydogman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #123
irate
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Damn I have an AUII dedicated EGAS ute ... and it has done 130,000km without missing a beat.

I replace my spark plugs with Iridium IXs for the gas .. the old NGK Rs were shot ... and cracking ... the Iridiums last longer and give better spark for the LPG models.

I just replace me leads as well ... but i know that spark plugs on LPG engines do not last long at all ... I am only expecting about 30,000km out of mine ... if i get more ... I'll be happy.

How many km's per year do you do???? What type of driving do you do as well???

I had Iridiums in (supposedly from factory coz Jarvis Ford didnt change or look at plugs & leads when I took ute in for last service before new car warranty ran out. perhaps they did look at plugs & thats why they didnt change them coz if they had even pulled one plug out to look at it they would have noticed the corrosion then!) Ive been told that the Iridiums last a long time and are better for LPG, but I have also been told that the NGKs should do coz realistically at each service you should have your plugs & leads replaced.

I just feel as tho Jarvis Ford dicked me around knowing full well there were problems with the car and were waiting for it to be out of warranty, coz with the extended warranty with the car it only covers for valves.

With the driving, I do mainly city driving but with the occassional trip down to the south east (round trip approx 800ks), January drove from Adelaide to Brisbane & back. Do approx 200+ ks around town each week. Mine was previously owned by the City Council so praps they stuffed the old girl up! Other than that, I love my ute affectionately known as 'UTURUS'.
irate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #124
Ausrodder
EL XR8 LS Focus

Hello, just found this site.
I have a 220 xr8 series 2. Love it to pieces and wouldn't swap it for any of the ba's I have driven . Much more fun.
Has had a LIST of problems though... LOVE the extended factory warranty....Lets see
Radiator split in the driveway overnight.
Engine melted exhaust valves at 48,000kms (Too high a compression ratio I'm told).Rebuilt in Melbourne and sent back to Queensland (Now REALLY good)
Strut mounts
Window switches (5 at last count)
Idle problems (EVERY electrical component under the bonnet changed at least twice... Throttle position switch last.)
Stalling....eventually fixed.
Pinging VERY badly above 4,000rpm... Replaced fuel pressure regulator (unique to the 220's) and fixed the problem!
Other small things I can't think of but...
Lucky it is so much fun to drive!
Ausrodder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #125
8pAc
RDP #181

I have a Series 3 220 xr8 and have had the car for 16.000 klm got it in march. and only problem ive had was the upper windscreen seal let go. Not to dear but if it was a regular occurance it may get annoying. Oh it also seems to eat Cat coverters, aftermarket ones that is. Apart from that it is one hell of a car, extremily fun to drive
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post