Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2024, 07:52 PM   #31
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: School holidays - be wary of the opportunist thief.

i want to create 'stinger' car where a desirable car is left at a car park etc. wannabes break in, hot wire and all climb in for a joy ride.
Now the fun part.... doors all lock, windows stay up, engine emobileses and exhaust fumes fill the interior, bye bye
Old 02-01-2024, 08:00 PM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
i want to create 'stinger' car where a desirable car is left at a car park etc. wannabes break in, hot wire and all climb in for a joy ride.
Now the fun part.... doors all lock, windows stay up, engine emobileses and exhaust fumes fill the interior, bye bye
I think the opportunity for that ended in circa 1985 with the removal of leaded fuel and the addition of catalytic converters.

These days you could just about put your mouth over the exhaust of modern cars with no ill effect
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2024, 08:02 PM   #33
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Years ago there was an anti theft device that for some reason did not pass design rules. The seat hotplate. Nick the car and burn your ****. Something about you cannot harm scum or something. So same thing as a car alarm, but it turns on the hot plate.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2024, 08:24 PM   #34
4stanger