Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 25-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #91
XRDRIFT
More Power, Bigger turbo

This thread has gone wild an sort of miss led, is it fastest stock Ford around a race track or 1/4 mile. Will not go into debate about race tracks, too many variables to take into account, we dont have time machines to compare modern day muscle to 1970's cars.

But I ran my BA mk1 5 speed manual stock as a rock down the 1/4 and did a 13.934@94.47mph (152.85km/hr). So in saying that, does that make my car quicker thatn a stock Phase 3 hoey?
Old 25-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #92
billsta

The question asked was the quickest quarter mile time.
The answer has been confirmed many times.....BF Typhoon with ZF Gearbox.
next..........
Old 25-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #93
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

This thread has many topics, and it is all over the place lets start agian the thread topic.
''Fastest (1/4 mile) stock aussie made fords''
also moved to the drag racing forum.
The other half need to get a thread going in the pits forum.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #94
fordAU

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L
That was more due to bad weather conditions wasnt it,a majority of engine failurers were due to simple reasons that were not allowed to be addressed due to factory only parts e.g unbaffled sumps,no roller rockers
Could well be the case, the weather conditions at that race were atrocious.

Interesting when you look at the 71, 70 and 69 races, some sort of pattern emerges although no reason for the DNF's is given, can't comment if they were mechanical, a crash or other.

1971 race, 13 Falcon XY GTHO's entered, 5 DNF.

1970 race, 14 Falcon XW GTHO's entered, 8 DNF.

1969 race, 14 Falcon XW GTHO's entered, 5 DNF.

I suspect that a similar pattern could emerge with the F6 and XR8 if raced over a similar period and track, but having said that it is purely speculative on my part.

Just noticed Spoolmans comments after typed, oh well all that for nothing :hihi:
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #95
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Your kidding youself if a stock Flacon will pull 1.15g's in corners.
Hey its their figure not mine! It's not inconceivable though, if it was a "spike" figure as opposed to steady state.

What rubber was Mauz's F6 running when it did the 12.7?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #96
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute

I had the factory 19" sp9000's on the rear
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #97
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cheers mate, that makes it suddenly a whole lot more impressive!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2007, 04:04 AM   #98
metalmania

What you guys got to remember with 1/4 mile and bathurst lap times of the HO compared to modern day cars is this.. Look at the variety of makes of performance cars around today. Nearly every manufacturer has a performance model out which are quite fast. Compare this back to the HO days, What did Toyota , Nissan/ Datsun ,Honda and many makes from Europe have.. not much to offer . The HO was unique because it stood out and it must have been a big deal and that is why everyone wants one and every muscle car since has been compared to it. If it can keep up ,if not beat some of todays cars image how quick it must have been compared to its rivals of its day.
metalmania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #99
billsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Im guessing some of these 'stock' later model cars with times claimed by owners are equipped with better rubber than they left the factory with.

Id love to see what a stock Ph3 with the 3.5 diff and a set of ET Street tyres would do. Or maybe an F6 with Aquajets!!!
CSV_LS1 Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute

I had the factory 19" sp9000's on the rear