Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #61
forcd6
Starter Motor

Thanks spooly for the organising the infield, yeah i know the track wasnt good, as well as the organisation, ah well what can you do....my 60ft was crap as well....i went from 1.69 2 weeks ago at heathcote to a 2.38 today.
3 runs all up, i came back out when you guys all left, the track got better .....
1st pass 12.6
2nd 11.9
3rd 11.4

anyways im staying away until the track improves , i hope they get serious about trying to set up Calder Park into a professional track for spectators and racers to enjoy.
forcd6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #62
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Whats the story on that XR8 with the plates BLLOWN?
Eaton112 runs, non intercooled 299rwkw full street trim best pass was 12.5@105mph the low mph was because he had trouble at the top end.
Thanks to Craig advised us to put more fuel in the car and we did on the last run it fixed the fuel issue after twice putting more in, the last pass had no fuel issues but went back to the poor start line issues.
He is happy, 1st time out and getting there 1/2 sec off his best time, full weight, as we learning we should see the ET lower next time out with fresh tyres and a good start line.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #63
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Congrats to all who got a PB or had a good time, although it sounds like its a shaky start to racing at calder again, lets hope it picks up soon.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #64
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Eaton112 runs, non intercooled 299rwkw full street trim best pass was 12.5@105mph the low mph was because he had trouble at the top end.
Thanks to Craig advised us to put more fuel in the car and we did on the last run it fixed the fuel issue after twice putting more in, the last pass had no fuel issues but went back to the poor start line issues.
He is happy, 1st time out and getting there 1/2 sec off his best time, full weight, as we learning we should see the ET lower next time out with fresh tyres and a good start line.
Your old beast Mark?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #65
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Your old beast Mark?
Yes that was my Ute has done over 200 n/a passes, we used to log them all started back in Christmas 2003, still same engine 55,000 on the clock.
We grabbed the build auto out of Rod's Pursuit before it was traded-in, stall is to small though, was built before there was any software for the auto's.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #66
hamo
since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Congrats to all who got a PB or had a good time, although it sounds like its a shaky start to racing at calder again, lets hope it picks up soon.
Hi Chris! Thanks for all your work and the loan of the tyres. I know there is more in it just need to get a clean run, yesterday I just left the auto in drive while i got a feel for it. Next time I will try manual shifts and might loose the tailgate we never removed anything from the car. Only got the 3 passes, so didnt get to try too much.
It's wicked to drive though, absolutely loving this ute now more than ever.

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #67
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
sounds like its a shaky start to racing at calder again, lets hope it picks up soon.
Cant see it been worth while any time in the next 3 months, If ever....

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #68
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_Blown_XR8_Ute
Cant see it been worth while any time in the next 3 months, If ever....
They have finished all the works?

Seems stupid to do all the work only to let the most important thing".. The track itself let the venue down.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #69
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Going by the negative responses here about the track conditions is the track been resurfaced at all?
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #70
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

The start line has been moved and resurfaced I believe, it is crap at the moment but once it gets some more rubber down it will improve I think.

It was the re-opening meeting after all.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #71
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bah after hearing this ill probly go back next year now.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #72
BOEING XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
^^ I agree, I got told off for doing a burnout on the start line, but I was just trying to stall it up. lol I was also getting wheelspin down the track. I guess it doesn't help that the semi-slicks that I was running had turned into full slicks.

I guess maybe in a few weeks once it gets some rubber down, it will be okay.
Hi Guys,
I agree Calder is a friggin clown fest - slippery Bob certainly did not prepare the track well - scorching hot conditions - and racing during the day. Bring back night racing I say. I think it was a day for BBQ's and the beach.... I can smell a ghost town in the coming month's. All in all, managed a 12.3 @114mph in my BF XR6T ZF- TUNE ONLY WITH MT'S

Thanks spoolman for the infield effort - good to catch up with the blue oval fella's.

Regards...
BOEING XRT
BOEING XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #73
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
^^ I agree, I got told off for doing a burnout on the start line, but I was just trying to stall it up. lol I was also getting wheelspin down the track. I guess it doesn't help that the semi-slicks that I was running had turned into full slicks.

I guess maybe in a few weeks once it gets some rubber down, it will be okay.
i was wondering why the official came up to your window, though every can i saw on the track was just breaking way too much traction, good to see the Gtech/ p e t mod boys brought out both XR6 animals. also big well done to you doug. maybe next time ill grow some balls and run my standard beast haha
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #74
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNT-XR
good to see the Gtech/ p e t mod boys brought out both XR6 animals.
What times did they run? Everytime I saw them go they were slow.....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #75
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
Just got a report from kev, new track is slippery as buggery. No grip what so ever.

Still, he managed a 11.34 @ 204kph (127 mph) with heaps of wheel spin. Give it a couple of months is the word.

Cheers
Well done Kev, new BA manual record.

What was his 60ft ?
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #76
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams

What was his 60ft ?
When I raced Kev in Glenn's ute we both went 1.78 to the 60ft, he went by me at half track.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #77
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
What times did they run? Everytime I saw them go they were slow.....
I heard on the grapevine that the citric acid Gtech ran a 9.6 @ 143MPH
And the phantom Gtech a 9.8 (both records)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #78
x_phantom_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
He is.

Calder is rubbish. The burnout pad is sticky as hell but the start line is slippery. Good job there clowns.
I dont understand what you mean?? There were cars there doing 8, 9, 10, 11 secs with no traction issues at all. If an 8 sec car can launch, then why cant your 105mph car do the same? Maybe you need better tyres. And if the burnout pad is sticky, you obviously need more down low power.

Most people in this thread are saying the same thing. Instead of blaming caldar, maybe you should do something about your set up? I was there watching, and there were heaps of monsters with no issues.

But I do agree about the infield issue. The public cars had 2-3 runs each before you ford blokes raced. That wasn't too fair I thought.
x_phantom_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #79
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_phantom_x
I dont understand what you mean?? There were cars there doing 8, 9, 10, 11 secs with no traction issues at all. If an 8 sec car can launch, then why cant your 105mph car do the same? Maybe you need better tyres. And if the burnout pad is sticky, you obviously need more down low power.

Most people in this thread are saying the same thing. Instead of blaming caldar, maybe you should do something about your set up? I was there watching, and there were heaps of monsters with no issues.

But I do agree about the infield issue. The public cars had 2-3 runs each before you ford blokes raced. That wasn't too fair I thought.
So you are telling me that a BA ute with 460+rwkw on slicks needs to change too? Kev bogged his down and near on stalled it because of the same burnout pad and then had traction issues off the line.

Oh and btw I never said it was me with the issues, I ran a PB there so it was fine for me.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #80
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams

What was his 60ft ?
Agreed Wade, that's the best result I've heard for a manual BOSS, blown or otherwise. A 5 speeder as well. Love that MPH! I wonder if being a Ute with the live rear axel makes it any easier than a sedan? I can't see why but manual sedans with big power are usually difficult to get out of the hole.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #81
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
I heard on the grapevine that the citric acid Gtech ran a 9.6 @ 143MPH
And the phantom Gtech a 9.8 (both records)
Nice times but there in a different class, 4 links rear ends there no longer a street car there race cars....

Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #82
SpoolMan

Quote:

Don't agree we never got a pass that stuck, every time had wheel spin.
Not every one is going to go and buy full slicks and front runners and drag suspension package for there street car.
We have had other times at Calder same setup no problem, hit the link in my signature May 2008 Calder 1.6-foot same tyres no issue, clean of the line.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #83
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:

8-9-10 second cars normally have big size slicks and racing suspension which can handle slippery race tracks or in Top Fuel we can either slip the clutch or bleed the fuel to handle slippery conditions (in most cases). It's harder much harder to get a 12 - 14 second car out of the hole when the track is marginal.

The turbo or manual V8 guys will find it the most difficult. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #84
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Agreed Wade, that's the best result I've heard for a manual BOSS, blown or otherwise. A 5 speeder as well. Love that MPH! I wonder if being a Ute with the live rear axel makes it any easier than a sedan? I can't see why but manual sedans with big power are usually difficult to get out of the hole.
Full slicks and a few other mods and then add Kev as a driver goes along way to running some good numbers in a manual and if yout thinking about Pauls car, untill he gets a run at WSID with some good track conditions which dont come around too often unless there has been a big meet a couple of days before the Wednesday street meet. Manual sedan or ute unless its setup properly you will struggle with big power.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #85
x_phantom_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Don't agree we never got a pass that stuck, every time had wheel spin.
Not every one is going to go and buy full slicks and front runners and drag suspension package for there street car.
We have had other times at Calder same setup no problem, hit the link in my signature May 2008 Calder 1.6-foot same tyres no issue, clean of the line.
I never said you need full slicks and front runners. A few of my mates raced their LS1 with MT street radials, with stock 18's at the front. They were getting 11's all day. They say the track is no different from last time.

Anyway there's always next time, lets move on.
x_phantom_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #86
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Thanks all,

I think most things directed at me have been covered already...

Best 60 was my last run against Glenn's Ute after a huge burnout.
1.78 as Craig said. All the rest where 1.8's.
There was a fair bit of wheel spin in both 1ST and 2ND not to mention lots of rev limiter in ST. :
Last month at heathcote they where 1.6's.

I actually did stall the car trying to do a burn out. :

Craig and Dad (Whoosha) where both asking what am I doing, I said I cant do a burn out it keeps gripping.
Dad watched my 3RD run and told me the start dude is bringing me out the other side of the water.
Ohh and the water was very little as it was, maybe a Cm wide stripe.

The last 2 runs I watched Dad for the water, hence the real burn outs and a 1.78 60.

I honestly believe my Ute will do 10's with my fat ar$e driving it. :eclipsee_
Like everyone i just need the conditions and minimal wheel spin.

I had never raced from the in field before and I thank Spooly heaps for the opportunity but if that is how it is going to be ran in future I wouldn't bother, it was a joke, I feel sorry for the comp cars who payed the big bucks.

The only reason i managed 5 runs was coz I lined strait back up, I didn't park it or pick up my slips.

Cheers..........Kev
A big thanks to Glenn for grabbing my slips for me. :

Edit....

A couple times..
11.353 @ 200.08 kph 1.783 60
11.368 @ 204.51 kph 1.818 60

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT