Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 21-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #31
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Nice,what was the 60 ft time, and half track mph
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Nice,what was the 60 ft time, and half track mph
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #33
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Whats next on the list? Will it crack the 10's?
There's in the vacinity of $5000 worth to do at a rough guestimate.

- Widen 15" rims to 8" - 9" (most likely 8")
- Purchase full slicks
- Replace distributor (it was a *****, not enough initial. I had to rest my foot on the accel pedal)
- 90/10, 30/70 shocks
- Caltracs or the likes
- 6 cylinder front springs
- 750dp HP Pro carb (not 100% definate yet but I want a more responsive throttle)
- Pacemaker 4095 extractors
- Seal the carb off, so air is only entering via the scoop.

My current 16" slicks still have life in them (5-10 pass's) but I'll give them to someone who wants to pay for them to be taken off the rims.

Can't see it hitting the strip any time soon. It's getting too hot which the engine didn't like. Summer isn't a good time to race. You go slower the hotter it is.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #34
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx

- Purchase full slicks
- Replace distributor (it was a *****, not enough initial. I had to rest my foot on the accel pedal)
- 90/10, 30/70 shocks
- Caltracs or the likes
- 750dp HP Pro carb (not 100% definate yet but I want a more responsive throttle)

My current 16" slicks still have life in them (5-10 pass's) but I'll give them to someone who wants to pay for them to be taken off the rims.

Can't see it hitting the strip any time soon. It's getting too hot which the engine didn't like. Summer isn't a good time to race. You go slower the hotter it is.
Well done Brenx.Hope you get the overheating problem fixed though as summer nights are the best time to go racing. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #35
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

Quote:

- Purchase full slicks
- 90/10, 30/70 shocks
- Caltracs or the likes

u forgot one item brenden a dam tacho with shift light u can see.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #36
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcoupe302
u forgot one item brenden a dam tacho with shift light u can see.
I guess I'll get one of them too.

Old 25-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #37
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Looking real good a ten should be easy, you only need to take 1 tenth off your 60ft and your there.
Old 25-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #38
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Brenx
Are you bring that beast XB to Heathcote on Sat Dec 3??????
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #39
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And judging by that reaction time an alarm clock might be a usefull addition ;)
Old 26-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #40
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughts
Brenx
Are you bring that beast XB to Heathcote on Sat Dec 3??????
Nope. Have to pay off the $8500 debt from the last outing 1st. I won't be back at a strip till I've done a few more things to the car.

Old 26-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #41
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
And judging by that reaction time an alarm clock might be a usefull addition ;)
I ain't no professional drag racer. We do what we can. Even give them a head start

Old 27-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #42
balinor

For the power & torque your making coupled to your strip orientated setup,I thought you would have been at least half a second quicker with at least another 5mph.......But at least you are out there having a go, it will only get quicker.Congrats.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #43
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

balinor, from what brenx has listed above there appears to be a lot of scope for gains on the launch, it doesn't sound like the chassis is set up strictly for the strip yet
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #44
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
For the power & torque your making coupled to your strip orientated setup,I thought you would have been at least half a second quicker with at least another 5mph.......But at least you are out there having a go, it will only get quicker.Congrats.
Balinor the chassis and car is 100% setup for street not strip at all. If I head towards a strip setup, yes the car will go much faster. What I listed above is what I need to change to go faster which is a strip setup. Yes it lifts the wheels ocassionally. It's not bad for 100% street suspension.

I raced against cars the same as mine with the same type of engine etc. I was the fastest N/A V8 Falcon there. No tricks up my sleeve or bs.

Old 27-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #45
302donk

QUOTE "I was the fastest N/A V8 Falcon there"
what cr*p!! Jai Schluter in his n/a ford powered xc coupe was faster than you that weekend
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #46
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302donk
what cr*p!! Jai Schluter in his n/a ford powered xc coupe was faster than you that weekend
Was that the 460ci coupe? Would have been better if it was a clevo. Ah well. I'll restate : Fastest Falcon with a factory n/a block. Factory meaning came off the production line with it in the car.

Old 28-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #47
balinor

Quote:
Balinor the chassis and car is 100% setup for street not strip at all. If I head towards a strip setup, yes the car will go much faster. What I listed above is what I need to change to go faster which is a strip setup. Yes it lifts the wheels ocassionally. It's not bad for 100% street suspension.

I raced against cars the same as mine with the same type of engine etc. I was the fastest N/A V8 Falcon there. No tricks up my sleeve or bs.
Brenx pipes off in my books does not equal a street setup.Nor does a 5400rpm transbraked 'glide, but each to their own.Again congrats on the times,a ten is just around the corner.
Old 28-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #48
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stall speed has no bearing on how a car drives on the street. As Falcon coupe saw yesterday. I take off from a set of lights @ 1800-2500rpm. Just the same as a late model Falcon. It's all in the setup to how drivable or streetable car car is. I run pipes off as the engine is tune for that. The exhaust system on the car is intended to keep the car quiet and keep attention away from me. If you like cruising round with a loud car go ahead, I don't. I'd rather have it muffled. My exhaust is setup to bolt in/out as I please now. I comes out in sections.

I've now shown it takes a lot more power/torque to run numbers in a full weight XA-XC Falcon (with no BS) than most realise.

Old 28-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #49
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

Geezuz

Where the hell did attitude come from?

Ive got some great teapots if you want a cuppa to calm down!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:12 AM   #50
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Well done Brenx.I ran agreen 67 xr at same meet(mid 12s) and saw acouple of your runs.I can appreciate the effort and$$$$ you have put into your car.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #51
BJ
Banned

Quote:
WTF get back in your box. How can you comper the two, one is an all alloy big block and the other is a cast iron small block. I think what Brenx has done so far is worth more than that sort of coment.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #52
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Well done Brenx.I ran agreen 67 xr at same meet(mid 12s) and saw acouple of your runs.I can appreciate the effort and$$$$ you have put into your car.
Thanks. Would have been nice for both of us if the humdity was a little higher and the weather a little cooler but we can't control that ;)

Old 28-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #53
302donk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
WTF get back in your box. How can you comper the two, one is an all alloy big block and the other is a cast iron small block. I think what Brenx has done so far is worth more than that sort of coment.
i am not hanging sh*t on him just the comment he made was wrong and i was just saying that there were faster n/a powered fords there! some one has a opinion on here and you start bagging them dam keyboard races. you get in your box keyboard racer!
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #54
nugget378
Weezland

Hey Brenx, what power difference do you see by droppin the pipes, I have never had mine off and am interested to know what diff it made, I also ran just under 122 the other week although my et is shamefull compared to yours, gotta get me some slicks.
Old 28-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #55
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
i am not hanging sh*t on him just the comment he made was wrong and i was just saying that there were faster n/a powered fords there! some one has a opinion on here and you start bagging them dam keyboard races. you get in your box keyboard racer!
Actually we are not bagging your opinion just your neanderthal attitude that wont be tolerated on this forum.

Get that point very clear before your get your fingers anywhere near the same technology that others use to access the same site.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #56
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Brenx said fastest n/a street reg Falcon, not fastest Ford, that is the difference, there were heaps of faster Fords there but did they have the factory block ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #57
balinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Brenx said fastest n/a street reg Falcon, not fastest Ford, that is the difference, there were heaps of faster Fords there but did they have the factory block ?
Wasn't Brenx's car trailered there & run with open pipes?How is this different to a drag car apart from the weight?
Old 29-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #58
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Wasn't Brenx's car trailered there & run with open pipes?How is this different to a drag car apart from the weight?
I'd like to see one of them go through a roadworthy. Mine was built, then went through the roadworthy and registration process. Went up on a trailor as the offer was too good to refuse. Although I could have done my usual and drove up and raced. Trailer was $90 for three days and I didn't pay for the fuel or drive/own the tow car. It was lovely and stress free.

Old 29-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #59
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

don't the people with the low power cars realise, when someone has a car like Brenx making so much power, that's it pretty easy to break things when racing, why wouldn't he trailer it there, when he lives 2.5 hours away.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #60
balinor

Quote:
I'd like to see one of them go through a roadworthy. Mine was built, then went through the roadworthy and registration process. Went up on a trailor as the offer was too good to refuse. Although I could have done my usual and drove up and raced. Trailer was $90 for three days and I didn't pay for the fuel or drive/own the tow car. It was lovely and stress free.
Makes sense to me ($90 for three days is excellent value).You sure seem to have a lot of groupies & toadies on these forums......