Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #31
Chris
AFF.com.au

13.24 @113 last run of the night.

The 11.64 @ 120 is on the timeslips, and very hard to believe. even the reaction time was slower than my usuals, so that just goes to prove that a record needs to be backed up within x percent, so the timeslip is good for a laugh, but not much else. (its in the bin)

The only saving grace for me is that drag racing is such a laugh and a fun sport. I am pleased to have caught up with Alex, Rodderz and crew, I raced the NITRO GT which was fun - 2 GT's certainly look good together.

I had a lot of fun with some great people, and the racing was conducted in a safe manner.

Fun is what its all about, and I had a ball. Third gear burnouts in the Boss!!

Cant get enough of this!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #32
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Maybe with over 300 rwkw and no limiters, a good hard clutch the only way its going to get it all the power down is with full slicks...it looked very good out of the whole 2.10 last night, its a fine line between stick and trye fry..
Most were saying the track was greasy....
next week they have to prep the track 100% there is a real big banger coming out to play..
2.1 with nittos??? sounds to me like they might have been the wrong nittos.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 05-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #33
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
13.24 @113 last run of the night.

The 11.64 @ 120 is on the timeslips, and very hard to believe. even the reaction time was slower than my usuals, so that just goes to prove that a record needs to be backed up within x percent, so the timeslip is good for a laugh, but not much else. (its in the bin)

The only saving grace for me is that drag racing is such a laugh and a fun sport. I am pleased to have caught up with Alex, Rodderz and crew, I raced the NITRO GT which was fun - 2 GT's certainly look good together.

I had a lot of fun with some great people, and the racing was conducted in a safe manner.

Fun is what its all about, and I had a ball. Third gear burnouts in the Boss!!

Cant get enough of this!
Well done Chriss and that GT-P sounds bloody awesome mate.I would of kept the 11 sec slip mate :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #34
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Well done Chriss and that GT-P sounds bloody awesome mate.I would of kept the 11 sec slip mate :
lol no you wouldnt have Alex, noone whos honost enough wouldnt have.

Still 113 mph.. thats some stink right there

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 05-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #35
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

think i'll put standard headers on it, get you to tune it and alex to drive it!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #36
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well done all round fella's : .Pity that whatever tyres you were usin weren't up too speed. :dr_Evil: .I do believe that us boy's in the west need to have a crack at the 12 now,hey simon.

Yeah go the std headers : ,and mate if i can run a twelve with em on ill be : .Send the car over here we'll tune it and drive it. :

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
Old 05-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #37
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P 738
Well done all round fella's : .Pity that whatever tyres you were usin weren't up too speed. :dr_Evil: .I do believe that us boy's in the west need to have a crack at the 12 now,hey simon.

Yeah go the std headers : ,and mate if i can run a twelve with em on ill be : .Send the car over here we'll tune it and drive it. :
These cars are unreal Matt, I know kwinana is a nice track, cant wait to see your car with some drag radials, headers and some bumpsticks, u wont know what hit u!! :
Old 05-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #38
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
These cars are unreal Matt, I know kwinana is a nice track, cant wait to see your car with some drag radials, headers and some bumpsticks, u wont know what hit u!! :
I must say that i am very tempted to chuck some sticks at it and headers ,but i want too run a 12 in current form so i know that i have milked it for all its worth first.

We will probably have another look at the tune and hope for a cooler night and see how we go.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #39
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We will see mate, It should end up being a good thing. Be nice to be able to throw a clutch in mine before i race it, but i think it needs to be a fair comparison to prove the edits worth to those who still dont wanna believe. So i will rave it with the stock clutch i had probelms with before the edit.

We will see, i wanna try milk some more from Matts...

Old 05-03-2005, 02:38 PM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
2.1 with nittos??? sounds to me like they might have been the wrong nittos.
Hi Simon, are asking something or trying to say something, the tyres were looked over for 15 min… I was present when it was looked up on the net and review read from the States..
Chris was well aware they were ZR rated not R rated, everyone who inquired about these tyres was told they were ZR rated and check the Nitto website so you know what you are buying.
Chris said he would give them ago anyway..
if they were R rated, they wouldn't have been for sale..
You dont end auctions on E-bay early unless someone wants something in a hurry..
Matt over there with you in W.A was told the same thing a few weeks back..
Last night the GT was doing a fairly Consistent 2.1 was better than last week….with 2.06 pb 60 foot isn’t to bad...
We didn’t see to much wheel spin of the line..i was standing 20 feet away with 2 other poeple...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 05-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #41
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Simon, are asking something or trying to say something, the tyres were looked over for 15 min… I was present when it was looked up on the net and review read from the States..
Chris was well aware they were ZR rated not R rated, everyone who inquired about these tyres was told they were ZR rated and check the Nitto website so you know what you are buying.
Chris said he would give them ago anyway..
if they were R rated, they wouldn't have been for sale..
You dont end auctions on E-bay early unless someone wants something in a hurry..
Matt over there with you in W.A was told the same thing a few weeks back..
Last night the GT was doing a fairly Consistent 2.1 was better than last week….with 2.06 pb 60 foot isn’t to bad...
We didn’t see to much wheel spin of the line..i was standing 20 feet away with 2 other poeple...
... bit confused mark, trying to start again?? please get of it and give it a rest. Sick of having little spats with you, i wasnt talking to you or mentioning your name at all, take it as you want

Old 05-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #42
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I must say that i am very tempted to chuck some sticks at it and headers ,but i want too run a 12 in current form so i know that i have milked it for all its worth first.

We will probably have another look at the tune and hope for a cooler night and see how we go.
Come over here at Calder and u guys will be running 14's LOL track here mate is very slippery.I managed a 2.1 60 foot last nite which was one of my best.I think Chriss on Nittos ran same 60 foot just goes to show that the track condition is poor.Imagine us VIC boys on your track 12's and aicon on. : _2:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #43
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:

I'm honest i still would of kept it,maybe it did run that time,i think the times were wrong 'm sure i ran a 12.3.lol
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #44
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
... bit confused mark, trying to start again?? please get of it and give it a rest. Sick of having little spats with you, i wasnt talking to you or mentioning your name at all, take it as you want
no.... its ok no spats, i am trying to point out why the nitto's didn't work as well as the R rated ones.
enjoy your day...its crap weather Heathcote comp meeting will be rained out... _2:

Old 05-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #45
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Come over here at Calder and u guys will be running 14's LOL track here mate is very slippery.I managed a 2.1 60 foot last nite which was one of my best.I think Chriss on Nittos ran same 60 foot just goes to show that the track condition is poor.Imagine us VIC boys on your track 12's and aicon on. : _2:
Yeah,Yeah the OL greasy track routine :the_finge .Arghh its all in good fun. :baby bott

Old 05-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #46
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm honest i still would of kept it,maybe it did run that time,i think the times were wrong 'm sure i ran a 12.3.lol

hahah ALex : :

lol you wish mate, 2.09 60 by Chris with the wrong nittos for track conditions, and you got your fastest 60, cant be to slipery, you did a 2.1 and a 13.39 Matt did a 1.97 and a 13.1 :hihi:

:P

Old 05-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #47
SpoolMan

Quote:
Yeah,Yeah the OL greasy track routine
Alex cooked some of his BBQ sausage's on the start line.... :hihi: :

Old 05-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #48
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:

lol you wish mate, 2.09 60 by Chris with the wrong nittos for track conditions, and you got your fastest 60, cant be to slipery, you did a 2.1 and a 13.39 Matt did a 1.97 and a 13.1 :hihi:

Same night same conditions not much in it if u know what i mean. :
Regardless i ran a Edit car side by side same mods too all i can say is maybe rev a BOSS to 6300 or beyond may not be the answer.I don't think i seen him in my rear vision either. :hihi:
All in all top night out some real nice cars too with a HQ full bodied car with no tubs breaking into the 8's unbelieavable :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #49
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Same night same conditions not much in it if u know what i mean. :
Regardless i ran a Edit car side by side same mods too all i can say is maybe rev a BOSS to 6300 or beyond may not be the answer.I don't think i seen him in my rear vision either. :hihi:
All in all top night out some real nice cars too with a HQ full bodied car with no tubs breaking into the 8's unbelieavable :
lol cool stuff. Lucky you wernt racing Matt, 13.1 with standard headers bro :

WHen you going to run again mate?

Old 05-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #50
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Yeah,Yeah the OL greasy track routine :the_finge .Arghh its all in good fun. :baby bott
Car is still running 109 mph with better 60 foots my time will come that 1.9 should push the car into a 12 easy.Anyway on the same night i think the car compared pretty well to the Edit cars with a few extra mods.lol :jab:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #51
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
lol cool stuff. Lucky you wernt racing Matt, 13.1 with standard headers bro :

WHen you going to run again mate?
Maybe when i get my underdrives but like last nite it was a last minute thing.Looks like we have to line the cars up same night same track.Seeing last nite was a fair comparison a fair drag race side by side. : Simon another thing too mate mph still there with a pretty good 60 foot might be the tune.lol
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #52
rodderz

Alex you gotta risk at least a couple of runs to get under 2.00 60'...you will get a 12 for sure with your MPH...making more power than others out there. I agree with the rev limit raise too...why raise it when it's just dead revs? (unless the curve hasnt tapered off). What did Cam's car end up getting...looked great seeing the 2 GT's side by side

Those nitto's didnt look too bad, but they were never advertised as the 555R's.... more a performance street tyre
Old 05-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #53
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:

I got a better 60 foot when my car was stock :Simon that track isn't very good on street tyres mate.At the end of the day the mph is hige so power isn't an issue with the car. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #54
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Alex you gotta risk at least a couple of runs to get under 2.00 60'...you will get a 12 for sure with your MPH...making more power than others out there. I agree with the rev limit raise too...why raise it when it's just dead revs? (unless the curve hasnt tapered off). What did Cam's car end up getting...looked great seeing the 2 GT's side by side

Those nitto's didnt look too bad, but they were never advertised as the 555R's.... more a performance street tyre
Rodderz would love to give it a few more revs but in the long run i don't want to kill it either.I went out there to get a PB and i did so i'm rapt.It's just good to compare the cars on the same day too.Wether the car is making good power we are all in the same boat we all have a BOSS motor :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #55
rodderz

And a great donk it is too, and alot of fun driving it!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #56
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I got a better 60 foot when my car was stock :Simon that track isn't very good on street tyres mate.At the end of the day the mph is hige so power isn't an issue with the car. :

what was mph exactly? WIth the 13.39?

Last edited by Xtreme F6; 05-03-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #57
Chris
AFF.com.au

Grunt is the problem.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #58
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
I think alex went 108 109ish, his usual is in the 110's

i had one 2.06 60, two 2.1's and the rest 2.3's , not sure of alex's 60's but his car convincingly beat the other red car

i didn't get to race alex, it would have been a ding dong contest. Also, would have been nice to swap cars with alex for a pass as well.

I had 3 days with a meter maid one year after indy, and racing the BOSS is way more fun! (maybe a little bit better, she was a pretty hot unit!!) :
Old 05-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #59
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
It was a 13.38 @ 109 i think Cam has the slip i ran him i think on that time.My last run was a another 13.34 as well mph around the 109 too.I'll have to dig up the slips. :sm_headba
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #60
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I think alex went 108 109ish, his usual is in the 110's

i had one 2.06 60, two 2.1's and the rest 2.3's , not sure of alex's 60's but his car convincingly beat the other red car

i didn't get to race alex, it would have been a ding dong contest. Also, would have been nice to swap cars with alex for a pass as well.

I had 3 days with a meter maid one year after indy, and racing the BOSS is way more fun! (maybe a little bit better, she was a pretty hot unit!!) :
My 60 foot was a 2.1 on the 13.3 runs.I did run a 109-108mph all night on every run including my 13.44 run earlier in the night.Chris we should of ran side by side maybe next time we both can run a 11 sec pass. :evilsasmo
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Closed Thread