Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

View Poll Results: Is Drag Racing "Real Motorsport"?
Yes I beleive it is, even if I dont prefer it over other forms of racing 165 89.67%
No it is not real motorsport 17 9.24%
I Have no idea 2 1.09%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #91
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Its definately a motorsport.

As a side comparrison of the relative skills of Drag v Curcuit Id be really interested to see how David Grubnic would go trying to complete 1 lap around monarco in an F1 car? (let alone get anywhere near the lapping pace of the F1 guys).
In the same way i wonder how long it would take Mark Webber to go 4 seconds in a T/F rail?
My money would be on Webber to come to terms with a T/F rail MUCH MUCH quicker than Grubnic would in an F1...
Im not saying Elite level Drag races don't posses exceptional skills but to be successful in curcuit racing you need ALL the skills of a drag racer plus the ability to "balance" and control a car through corners on the edge of adhession, co-ordinate gear changes, negotiate traffic and "gaps" and concentrate on applying all those skills for at least 45 mins at a time.
A-MEN....

Something else to think about is, How many over weight, Cancer riddled, 50+ year olds or females do you see in F1, Indy cars, or V8 Supercars. None.. However I just describe half the drivers in top fuelers....

Now so the women

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 28-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #92
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba

So in say that, Take you 15 to 12sec Falcon and try and put that through turn one at Phillip Island at 200kph+. I bet you can't, in fact I would say most you could not... But I asure you, you could all run down the 1/4 with no problems at all
Throw us the keys to your ute mate and i'll be more than happy to give it a go.
Old 28-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #93
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Why, have you run out of driveshafts?

Oh, and by the way everyone....

Last edited by Gammaboy; 28-06-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 28-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #94
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Why, have you run out of driveshafts?

Oh, and by the way everyone....
Na just cv's, the upper cv let go at 1ook's as i left work tonight. Got the cradle out already and just need to put the new 1 back in, should have it finished in about another hour.
Old 28-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #95
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A-MEN....

Something else to think about is, How many over weight, Cancer riddled, 50+ year olds or females do you see in F1, Indy cars, or V8 Supercars. None.. However I just describe half the drivers in top fuelers....

Now so the women
Ladies I didn't get to finish my post due to computer trouble so hears the rest.....

Now so the women don't think I am having ago a go at them, I'll try to explain....
Firstly, Rachel Splat is my favourite driver in Drag racing.... Reason.. women in motorsport are usually the underdog and Rachel has proven her self to be able to mix it with the best and beat them... Rachel went away for about 6-7 years to start a family and have a few kiddies, now she is back and kicking butt again..

Secondly, I don't why women don't do well in motorsport as men, But history has proven that in the elite class the males dominate. Which is odd really because of the levels of concentration that is required and you don't have to be exsessivly strong to drive a racing car, so in that you would think that the woman would be a better race driver... I will also add, back in my Go karting days there was a girl raced in a different class of Kart to what I raced in. She use to always take the win in her races.. I am glad she did not race in my class, she would of Kick my butt.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 28-06-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 28-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #96
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you come up here, your more then welcome

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 28-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #97
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
If you come up here, your more then welcome
Bahaha your a very very silly man if you'd give me the keys to your pride and joy.
Old 28-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #98
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
A-MEN....

Now so the women
You loose a lot of credibility, with anyone taking any of your posts in this thread serious after reading this..
Care to name these ''over weight, Cancer riddled, 50+ year olds or females''

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 28-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #99
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bahaha your a very very silly man if you'd give me the keys to your pride and joy.
Yes but you have lots of money, and what you brake you buy, you buy a BF XR8 for me..LOL

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 28-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #100
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
You loose a lot of credibility, with anyone taking any of your posts in this thread serious after reading this..
Care to name these ''over weight, Cancer riddled, 50+ year olds or females''
Over weight... Victor Bray, well over 100kg and mostly beer gut...
Cancer and over 50... Jim reed.... Sure he is in remission.
Female... Rachel Splat.....

Sorry, Victor bray races Doorslammer

Do something for me Spoolman... Name me any drivers that race in the pinnacle motorsport around the world that fit in to the same description as I mentioned above..

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 28-06-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 28-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #101
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Over weight... Victor Bray, well over 100kg and mostly beer gut...
Cancer and over 50... Jim reed.... Sure he is in remission.
Female... Rachel Splat.....

Sorry, Victor bray races Doorslammer
when was the last time Jim Reed raced a top fuel, and what does anyone's illness has to do with there ability to participate in any sport/motorsport.

Any more of the half of these drivers that are overweight racing top fuelers?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 28-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #102
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Sad when you consider the achievements of both Victor Bray and Jim Read that some keyboard warrior should be able to slag them off to support a point of view that is fundamentally flawed.

I'd been prepared to let the thread go on for the entertainment value (if nothing else) but that's too much to allow it to go on. Opinions of that nature only serve to mark the arrogance of the author. The thread is closed.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread