Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
HLC
Audi S3

Default XR4 Woes - Busted Power Window Motor & an Oil leak

Coming up to 5 years of owning our little XR4...

Been a gem up until last week...

One of the power windows has let go. Pulled the trim off to have a look, and the cog on the motor has broken. It looks be to held on with a cir clip - can I get a replacement cog somewhere, or am I up for a new motor? Anyone able to give me on a local lead - not keen on ordering from to UK as the car is now taking up space in the garage forcing me to leave my GTI on the street...

Also, noticed a drop of oil on the garage floor since the car has been in there - here is a photo?

Any ideas? Had the car 5 years, but not familiar on the geography under the bonnet/car. A lot more going on there compared to my old Fairmont.....

Old 16-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Ratsalad
Starter Motor

Default Re: XR4 Woes - Busted Power Window Motor & an Oil leak

Hey mate, same thing has happened to me with the window, just wondering what the outcome was.

Cheers,
Rhys
Ratsalad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Bowser22

Default Re: XR4 Woes - Busted Power Window Motor & an Oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratsalad View Post
Hey mate, same thing has happened to me with the window, just wondering what the outcome was.

Cheers,
Rhys
had to replace the passenger side motor (which would have to be used 80% less than the drivers side) a few months and picked up damaged door for $60 and salvaged the motor as a whole
Bowser22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post