Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 16-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Lightbulb Club expansion

Hey all. I just thought I'd start a thread to suggest some ideas as to what we can do do encourage more people to join our club and also get more participaton in our events like Small Ford Sunday?

I was thinking of trying to organise monthly events. Wheather they be shows, cruises or just get togethers at a restraunt.

I also wanted to suggest since there often arn't often any trophy categories that any of us have a chance at winning. I thought that maybe we should organise our own in-club trophy presentations for each of the shows that we attend. Eg Best exterior / best interior & best engine bay. Perhaps each of us could contribute a little to the purchase of the trophies??

Anyway please post your throughts and ideas.

Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I think the first order of business should be to get the website up and running again. No good having the "eurofordclub.com" stickers pointing to a skeleton site.
Understand that I'm not having a go at Tim and Matt (the founding fathers), who I know are very busy with life and work, and no longer drive Euro Fords.

I'm putting my hand up if they need someone to rebuild and maintain the site. Once it's running smoothly, we can probably resume the "Euro Matters" newsletter, with contributions from other club members and a Car of the Month or a Member Profile.

A get-together once a month or every two months would be nice as well. Lunch, dinner, BBQ, photo shoot, whatever. What matters is participation from the members.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see the club back on its feet.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

At least a skeleton site is better than no site but I do agree, someone needs to regulary maintain it by adding content and such. I didn't know there used to be a newsletter. I'm intrieged.

I was thinking of hosting a BBQ or something at my new house however that will have to wait until after feb at least cos i'm so busy with stuff.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think you really need a website if no one can maintain it. You can always contact people & share info on here.
Another good way to get the name out there Is a Facebook Group. Alot of people are always on facebook & you can create events, send msgs, share pics etc. I started one for the Small Ford Car Club NSW that im in & its amazing the people that join from all over the world. I dont mind setting one up for the Euroford club if you want.

All this is great but I think the key to getting new memebers & keeping current ones is that the club has to be active.
You need someone that is willing to organize events. They dont have to be big events, just start with a simple monthly meet at a burger joint or pub & the occasional cruize.

With the SFCC we have a meet at Harrys Pies at liverpool every month in the warmer months. Its always well attended & there is no hard organizing or setup & cleanup. just turn up, grab something to eat, talk crap & go home when you want. Something like this would be good.

Thats my 2 cents worth, let me know what you think.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

OK, how do I delete a group from Facebook?

I created one for the EuroFord Club then realised afterward that we already had one on there.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 19-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wasnt able to find any Facebook group for the Euroford club. Is it hidden???

As for deleting old groups, heres what I found on Facebook:-
For old groups, our system automatically deletes groups once they're empty (no members). If you created the group, you can delete the group by removing all members and then yourself. Note that if you were not the first admin and creator of this group, you will not be able to delete the group unless the group creator has left it voluntarily.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I still have the club domain and have been paying for it since it started, if you wish to have it redirected to a new website then just let me know and I can re-point it.

Since having a kid, the amount of time I have has been reduced significantly and I haven't been able to do it justice. I'd love it if someone wanted to take it over, if you need web hosting space you can continue to use mine, seeing as I already pay for it.

Also, the Eurofordclub facebook group is here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=3536297726. We can add admin people to the group if they are willing to take it on.

If I don't get any firm direction, I'll redirect the eurofordclub domain to this forum again. Also, I have a bunch of 2005 Eurofordclub keyrings still, I know the year isn't current but they are free? If someone wants to take them to the Small Ford Sunday and hand them out free, shoot me your mailing address and I will send them to you. Also there are some free club stickers as well to go along with it.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Hey Tim, I'm willing to update the website. I can do it during quiet periods at work, and at home on weekends. I've become a master at typing one-handed while watching TV with one of the kids on my lap (learning to multi-task is one of the benefits of parenthood).

Chris

Old 24-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Hi Chris,

No problems. Did you want to use the existing website and update it, or start your own from scratch?

If you want to use the existing one, I can provide you with a login and a quick heads up on how to use it. If you use msn, might be a handy tool to use so you can bash me if you have any issues or need some guidance.

Tim
Old 24-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I think it'd be easier to continue with the existing one.

I worked as a web developer (design & content management) for 3 years before moving to Oz about 7 years ago. Obviously web dev has changed in the intervening years, but I'm sure I can work it out. I haven't got MSN though.

Old 24-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

No problems, I'll sort out some admin accounts tonight and PM the details to you.
Old 25-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Got 'em. Thanks!

Old 25-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Tim, When will we ever see you again?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Good question! I should come for a meal or do some photos one day. Having a new kid just soaks up so much time but I would like to come to another meet sometime soon.
Old 27-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #15
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

WRC on this year Tim. See if you can make it up to Coffs.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2024, 12:16 AM   #16
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: Club expansion

It's been very quiet here for a long time.....is this club still going & having meet ups?
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post