Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #61
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

The cheap servo ones tend to keep blowing after a month or so.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #62
bovva66

Brake light left hand -globe blown 3 times in last 4 years
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #63
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just in :
Fusion and C-Max hybrids outsold Prius in the US last month reports EarthTechling.
A hybrid Fusion, nice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #64
nevetsg

Had 1 break light explode in the year I have owned the car. I now carry a spare globe and some ropes in the void behind the RHR tail light cluster. After I use that one I would prob get something like this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-T25-1...-/171110022742

Aren't Fusions and Prius's in different car size categories? Comparisons are a bit moot.
Oh, and it is the total sales of 2 cars vs the total sales of 1 car. Just saying. I would love a fusion hybrid though.

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
Had 1 break light explode in the year I have owned the car. I now carry a spare globe and some ropes in the void behind the RHR tail light cluster. After I use that one I would prob get something like this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-T25-1...-/171110022742

Aren't Fusions and Prius's in different car size categories? Comparisons are a bit moot.
Yeh,but when you think hybrid the Prius practically owns that space I wouldn't have thought Ford would have the recognition and assuming reliability should take off assuming petrol remains above the mid $US3.50-4.0 range.
Then there's CNG.

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 23-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #66
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

MB XR5 Problem: Looks like the nice fine chrome highlight around the inside of the top of the 6spd gearstick is starting to lift and/or split. I can feel a sharp edge developing.

Car under 60000kms and 3.5 yrs old - pretty poor really.

By comparison, the leather gearknob on our 7yr old Subaru Outback (Gen3) was still 'as new' after nearly 170,000kms when it sold to make way for the Mondeo XR5.
And the little vents in the dash of our '87 Telstar TX5 Ghia still swished back and forth after 13yrs and nearly 300,000kms (same engine, clutch and box). Bit it was built alongside the Mazda 626 in J-Pan.

Must be time to back-trade into some interesting (simpler) classics.......
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #67
mighty-mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
MB XR5 Problem: Looks like the nice fine chrome highlight around the inside of the top of the 6spd gearstick is starting to lift and/or split. I can feel a sharp edge developing.

Car under 60000kms and 3.5 yrs old - pretty poor really.

By comparison, the leather gearknob on our 7yr old Subaru Outback (Gen3) was still 'as new' after nearly 170,000kms when it sold to make way for the Mondeo XR5.
And the little vents in the dash of our '87 Telstar TX5 Ghia still swished back and forth after 13yrs and nearly 300,000kms (same engine, clutch and box). Bit it was built alongside the Mazda 626 in J-Pan.

Must be time to back-trade into some interesting (simpler) classics.......
An easy fix my friend, was about $18.35 but this time I went with the Focus XR5 one as i think it ties in better. ( Ford part no FO-8M5R 7L468DA, Finis Code 1673222)

mighty-mon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #68
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Thanks MightyMon - I'll explore that option, at the same time I work out how to tighten the gearstick surround panel (now squeaking 'coz its an ittty-bit loose).

And found this pic on the XR5OwnersClub.com forum http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/oz...409f8.jpg.html
That is exactly where mine is failing. Must be that itchy LH first digit !!!

The silver face suggests a more sporting persona (luv the red lettering), rather than refined luxe - not that that is a problem.
I presume these just clip in somehow?
And supplied from FordOz ? (or pm me details)

Last edited by allanv6gt; 25-11-2013 at 09:02 PM.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #69
mighty-mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
Thanks MightyMon - I'll explore that option, at the same time I work out how to tighten the gearstick surround panel (now squeaking 'coz its an ittty-bit loose).

And found this pic on the XR5OwnersClub.com forum http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/oz...409f8.jpg.html
That is exactly where mine is failing. Must be that itchy LH first digit !!!

The silver face suggests a more sporting persona (luv the red lettering), rather than refined luxe - not that that is a problem.
I presume these just clip in somehow?
And supplied from FordOz ? (or pm me details)
That is my pic ( wouldnt make a good hand model) . Just thought the red lettering matched better and at that price I can afford to remove and replace with stock. This was purchased at my local Ford dealer in Perth. Easy to remove whole knob and then lever out the insert and snap back in the new one.

This may help your other problem also...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpToMqNMipc
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
The cheap servo ones tend to keep blowing after a month or so.
I usually buy the narva globes, I would be unlucky to have to replace one globe in 5 years.............. possibly longer, they seem a quality globe.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #71
Draadnor
Starter Motor

2011 MC TDCI (90,000klms)
- Windscreen wipers would intermittantly drop back a level (same sort of thing that happens when you stop). Ford replaced the stalk (with the usual 10 day wait).
- Lumbar support snapped and was replaced (with the usual 10 day wait).
- "Engine Malfunction" message and light have come on about 3 times in the last 6 months with no change in the performance of the car. Ford think this is the injector auto adjusting 'mapping', so have reset the mapping. Will see how this goes.
- Intermittantly running rough after coming to a stop from a highway run, with the 'gauge' jumping from about 1.1 L/H to 2.6 L/H. Ford suggested this is the system 'burning off' residues in some box in the exhaust system (I'm guessing it is similar to the catalytic converters in petrol engine cars).
- Goes through lowbeam globes quickly. I drive with my lights on and I've replaced 4 sets in the last two years - with Narva ones too!

I do really enjoy the 1,000 to 1,200 klms per tank I get as it means I'm only filling up every 9 days or so. I also agree with one of the above posters about how nice it is to drive, corners well and isn't too soft or hard in the suspension.
Draadnor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #72
GT2

MC Modeo TDi with 38K
I'm told by Ford Australia that this is the first case. We have had the transmission heat exchanger fail. When this occurs, coolant mixes with the transmission fluid.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #73
richmassacre
Starter Motor

Since last month I've been hearing this clunk noise coming through the front end of my Mondeo (1+ year old. MC, Zetec Ecoboost). It only happens when I'm turning either left or right while braking.

For example, I want to turn off into a road, I brake down to 30 km/h and (while still braking turn left, after about 90-120deg of turn I get this CLUNK noise (which only happens once every turn and sometimes can be felt through the steering wheel).

I took it to Bayford Ford Coburg. VIC, they looked at the suspension and told me that everything looks fine and that they re-tensioned the suspension and that the noise was still coming. So they ended up testing other mondeos including ones with 0KM and found that even that makes the same noise no matter which way you turn.

So apparently they've notified FORD to see if it's an normal operational noise or not.

Can anyone else comment on this and let me know whether they're having same problem as well? or tried it with their mondeo and noticed it now?
richmassacre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #74
richmassacre
Starter Motor

Since last month I've been hearing this clunk noise coming through the front end of my Mondeo. It only happens when I'm turning either left or right while braking.

For example, I want to turn off into a road, I brake down to 30 km/h and (while still braking turn left, after about 90-120deg of turn I get this CLUNK noise (which only happens once every turn and sometimes can be felt through the steering wheel).

I took it to Bayford Ford Coburg. VIC, they looked at the suspension and told me that everything looks fine and that they re-tensioned the suspension and that the noise was still coming. So they ended up testing other mondeos including ones with 0KM and found that even that makes the same noise no matter which way you turn.

So apparently they've notified FORD to see if it's an normal operational noise or not.

Can anyone else comment on this and let me know whether they're having same problem as well? or tried it with their mondeo and noticed it now?
Old 17-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #75
manamp27

Yep. I have exactly the same issue. Kind if annoying. Ford have looked at it and not found the cause, but assure me it's safe. Please do let us know if you get any further.

Cheers.
Old 18-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #76
richmassacre
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manamp27 View Post
Yep. I have exactly the same issue. Kind if annoying. Ford have looked at it and not found the cause, but assure me it's safe.
If they don't know what is causing the issue, how would they know that it is safe? I asked the same question and the service manager was dodging it.

Will do if I hear back from Bayford.

How long have you had this issue? and when did you start noticing it? and how old is your car?

FYI, the courtesy mondeo that they gave me while they were checking this out also had this clunk noise.
Old 18-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #77
manamp27

2011 model and have had this from day 1. Also have an intermittent diesel smell when sunroof open. Both issues unresolved after numerous attempts.
Old 18-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #78
cattitude

I cant get over the amount of faults that FORD cant seem to fix.
I have just had them swap my car over after such dangerous faults in my MB, it had taken them TWO YEARS to virtually destroy me with these faults (at dealership repairs every second third weeks for weeks and months on end)
I continue to ask FORD - WHY ARE YOU SELLING CARS YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO REPAIR!!!!!
cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #79
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

well the first period of rain and I've got water in the footwell of the rear driver section, great and the wipers are skipping all over the place as in not smooth. Not devastating but something to fix.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #80
Rosarc
Starter Motor

I had water dripping under the glove box and close to the electrics. It ended up being the the rear washer pipe disconnecting from a joiner half way up the 'A' pillar and easily fixed without having to go to a service center.
Rosarc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #81
richmassacre
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmassacre View Post
Since last month I've been hearing this clunk noise coming through the front end of my Mondeo (1+ year old. MC, Zetec Ecoboost). It only happens when I'm turning either left or right while braking.

So still no word from Ford so had to call the 13FORD number to lodge a complaint and apparently a 'case manager' will be getting back to me soon.

The issue has gotten worse and I could hear it all throughout the steering lock since last week. I'm surprised no one else has raised this up with ford.... even with cars that make the noise even though they only have 0KMs on them.

Booked my car in at the service center for to be again looked at. Hopefully the fault is a bit too obvious now.

Keep u lot posted on the development.
Old 27-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #82
Mickmelb

Well I hand back my MC Titanium tomorrow. A bit over 120,000 kms in 3 years and the only problem I had was 1 blind spot indicator not working on delivery and fixed at the first service. It’s on its third set of tyres (inc the originals) and the current Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2's still have a little over 1/2 the tread left (great tyres). I did go through 2 sets of rear brake pads though which is kinda weird oh and 1 battery (I'm sure the dealer scammed the lease company on that) and this week a message came up on the dash saying the battery in the remote needs changing. I could easily live with it for a few more years if the lease didn’t expire and I wasn’t picking up something a bit more exciting tomorrow. I would definitely recommend 1 to anybody so if your sitting on the fence about buying 1 just do it, its the best Ford I’ve ever had and a class above the BF2 Fairmont Ghia I replaced it with.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #83
mud
Pommy Ford tragic

Hi all. I recently picked up a 50k MB XR5 in silver. The back bumper section is slightly off colour to the rest of the car, although I can't see any obvious signs of it being repainted.
I've noticed a white car and another silver car in the last week with the same issue.
Has anybody else noticed this on their cars?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 090.jpg (159.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 19-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #84
mighty-mon

Hi Mud

Most car bumper don't match these days as the undercoat is different on the plastics to the car body and never quite match. A good spray painter will do a much better job of matching both surfaces.
Old 19-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #85
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I have the moondust silver TDCI Zetec and it's very close (to the point you'd not notice it on a quick glance) but definitely not exact, as above it's the slight difference of paint on plastics.
Old 20-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #86
b2428

Red camry's used to be terrible for the mix match in bumper colour. The would be a totally different shade.

On another note I will do a proper search when I'm on a computer that works properly but has anyone had any luck in glueing the top of the door trims back on themselves? all 4 of mine have come unstuck almost to the actual bend in the door trim..

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #87
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I'm not sure as I haven't checked but, how is it mounted, can't you put it back in the grooves/clips/other before looking at gluing?
This user likes this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #88
richmassacre
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manamp27 View Post
Yep. I have exactly the same issue. Kind if annoying. Ford have looked at it and not found the cause, but assure me it's safe. Please do let us know if you get any further.

Cheers.
So apparently the noise is caused by the front struts, there is some kind of clicking noise being generated internally. So they're replacing them.

Will give an update if that fixes the issue.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #89
manamp27

Thanks rich. Looking forward to hearing if that fixes the issue.
Old 22-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #90
bovva66

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2428 View Post
On another note I will do a proper search when I'm on a computer that works properly but has anyone had any luck in glueing the top of the door trims back on themselves? all 4 of mine have come unstuck almost to the actual bend in the door trim..
I had three replaced under warranty, I think they have self adhesive, but do not know what would be best glue to use.