Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford IDS

Does anyone in the actual know, know where these are available for purchase? I know that you can purchase even if you're not affiliated with Ford.. Mr. FPV and Herrod have the IDS system.

I'd like to purchase one in the near future so if anyone knows how to go about this that would be great.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ford IDS

If you have a spare USD $3,800.00 try here....

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...sites/ids/mcs/
Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Plenty of devices with software on eBay for much cheaper ;)
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #4
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got any links ride? I've seen the ones on eBay but not sure if they will work in Falcon's?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Search for Ford IDS, mate bought one pretty cheap and has used it on my AU to reprogram keys, and I believe a B Series to do the ICC.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
bradles024

Anyone know someone that has one in Vic? Or do any of the ones on eBay work with falcons? I'm looking to get cruise control enabled, and ford want $150 to do it.
bradles024 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm actually looking into a legitimate one not a cheap chinese copy for my shop a little bit down the track as we get a lot of Ford stuff in.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
Trump
bitch lasagne

The VCM hardware can be bought from the US. It will need a subscription to enable the IDS software and access to the various datasets for any Ford (Falcon included).
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2015, 09:48 PM   #9
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where does one buy the subscription?
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #10
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

The next best thing is the Ford FMP - also available from Motorcraft - which is a cut down version of IDS. That software is subscription based and you can purchase as little as a day at a time. It works with industry-standard J2534 devices which can be had for as little as $300. It is targetted at non-Ford workshops for module swaps - it is only good for module programming - not doing DTC or real-time troubleshooting. But I have used it to program ford modules, do ICC swaps, key training, enable cruise controls, enable Police mode and even trigger the gear-change tone available in FPV clusters. With voltage applied at the right time to a certain pin on the OBD2 port on a BA, I've even been able to do factory PCM flash updates.

Because FMP and IDS share much the same code, I've heard rumours that earlier versions of FMP could have IDS files swapped in and full functionality was then available on FMP via the J2534 tool. Whether that's possible these days or not is another question.

The IDS and FMP software themselves are both a free download. But you need the compatible hardware and a subscription to make either of them work.

Lukeyson
Old 16-07-2015, 10:43 PM   #11
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Ooh. Actually, FMP has changed in the 5 years since I used it last. I can only find it using IE in the 'My SHopping Cart' under 'Programming and Initialization', and it only goes down to 1 month. Abit exxy looking.

IDS is still downloadable though. FMP might still be around somewhere else but I can't yet find it.

Luke
Old 17-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I certainly would like a Ford IDS, anyone know where I can purchase the hardware/software? It would be handy for the shop for turning off PX Ranger smart alternator function as well as more indepth diagnosis on Fords.

Might spend the annual car parts stimulus package on the Ford IDS and software I think.

https://rotunda.service-solutions.co...?SKU=164-R9813

This looks like the go.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-07-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2023, 10:38 PM   #13
Nedkelly351
Starter Motor

I am having nothing but trouble installing ford ids, any one else tried to install it before?
$150 for 2 days license, but install fails
I am thinking I need to buy an older laptop or just buy one of the laptop, vcm packages from the US with it previously installed
Nedkelly351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post