Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #31
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: The Mont is back...Need to improve

nice CAI

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
nice CAI
thanks man
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #33
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikford
definatly looking into the auto with the cooler and shift kitting it, very good idea about the fully synthetic for the box too as i do like my manual shifting aswell, i want everything in mandrel such as exhaust, and intake once the new one pipe is done. i have been wanting to put a higher stall in it but just dont know how much of a stall as i would prefer not to open the thing up if i can get away with it but if i have to then i will re-think what stall to get. the car will eventually get the suspension overhaul too but most likely after the rest is done apart from new exhaust so will hopefully be just after chrissy time.

Was there a big difference with doing sway bars as i will probably do them both at the same time(front and rear).

It will just be nice to get the beast back p and running to keep me happy,lol.
I noticed a significant difference in handling with sway bars. Less body roll around corners. Found the car sat flatter when powering out of corners. Entering corners was a bit faster and generally it made the handling experience more enjoyable. Again, I'd only do it if your into handling, other wise may not be any point.

Getting the car running and operating smoothly would be first and foremost as you say.

With the stall, on a stock cam, you will notice a better 'off the line' improvement than the stock torque converter has to offer. It's by no means a cheap exercise so only do it if you have the funds and you are looking at reducing your 0-100 times. I think exhaust and suspension upgrades will be the biggest bang for buck improvement by far.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I noticed a significant difference in handling with sway bars. Less body roll around corners. Found the car sat flatter when powering out of corners. Entering corners was a bit faster and generally it made the handling experience more enjoyable. Again, I'd only do it if your into handling, other wise may not be any point.

Getting the car running and operating smoothly would be first and foremost as you say.

With the stall, on a stock cam, you will notice a better 'off the line' improvement than the stock torque converter has to offer. It's by no means a cheap exercise so only do it if you have the funds and you are looking at reducing your 0-100 times. I think exhaust and suspension upgrades will be the biggest bang for buck improvement by far.
well i definatly have to do something about the convertor anyway so i may aswell put a stall in it and shift kit it. as for the sway bars ill have a look into it as i will do it when i lower the car so then she should be abit better. will probably de driving the car quite abit after christmas time as i am taking the daily i have atm off the rd to do some "improvements" to.

cheers shav
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post