Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 15-01-2022, 12:16 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4" ball hone

Anyone got a ball hone? I am having a hard time justifying $200+ for 10 minutes of use, one time
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2022, 12:27 AM   #2
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: 4" ball hone

I have but in Perth, Cant believe they are $200 now, I paid $65 for mine 20 years ago from Repco , ive used it a few times and it's still good.

If you get stuck I could stick it in a express post bag as long as you send it back.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

under $60 US? 105mm ( 4" )

https://au.jbtools.com/brush-researc...iABEgK63vD_BwE
Old 15-01-2022, 12:57 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure if I go to checkout that one it's in US dollars, all of that brand I have found have been in the US.
I appreciate your offer though, but I have just managed to barter with a slab to get the local engine shop to ream the ridge and ball hone it for me on Monday.
It's so frustrating that you can't buy things like this locally anymore, everything is online now and weeks of waiting. I wonder how many blocks have been ruined by the stone ones at Supercheap in the hands of an idiot.
The $200+ ones are the TE ones and proper flex hone brand is about $250
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2022, 01:38 PM   #5
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Fortunately idiots with a stone hone will only get 1 pass before destroying the hone by going in the bore too far
Old 15-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #6
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some where in my shed i should still have a stone one (im sure i havent got rid of it and its probably sitting in one of the boxes)
was issued to me as an apprentice well over 35 years ago as part of the minimum tool kit we had to buy thru the then employer and had seen use a few times but havent used it in , well almost as long as ive owned it

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post