Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Deen
Starter Motor

Default Just bought a Mondeo XR5 Turbo :))

hi guys... just picked up a very neat 2009 Mondeo MA XR5 Turbo with 45000km on the clock. Silver with sunroof. Its actually for the Mrs so hope she enjoys it as much as she used to enjoy my old Focus ST (XR5 Turbo).

just a quick question.... the seller lives in QLD now but the car still has NSW rego till Nov 2012. What are my options for rego:

1. Can she transfer the NSW rego to my name? might be difficult as i don't live there, or

2. Do i do a new registration in QLD, and surrender the NSW plates even though the NSW ergo is in her name?

as this is my first used car in Australia, some advise from fellow owners would be appreciated. ta

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: Just bought a Mondeo XR5 Turbo :))

Talk to your local traffic authority about your options.

In the ACT (where I live), an interstate used car takes out 'new' registration at time of change of ownership. You then claim back the unused portion of the opld rego from the releavnt state traffic authority e.g. NSW RTA.
Here in ACT, your car's registered address is the same as your residential address (or primary business address). This is to stop people/businesses choosing the cheapest state in which to register cars to minimise cost i.e.state-based taxes/fees etc even though the vehicle will probably not be primarily used in that other state.

I imagine other states like QLD are a similar arrangement.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post