Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Service Program R1319 - Gearbox servive review

Have other MC owners received this in the mail.

Service Program R1319 regarding an amendment to the service information for Powershift gearbox provided in the Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide.

The program involves revised service advice for the above booklet.
Powershift gearboxs now require service at every 60,000km.
If owners have already reached this amount of km, a gearbox service will be provided free of charge.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Service Program R1319 - Gearbox servive review

Yes I received mine yesterday.

However my car is only 2yrs 6mths old and has only clocked just under 30,000kms.
The service book in my vehicle is correct. It displays the 4yr / 60,000km service as a "B" service and requires the renewal of the PowerShift transmission fluid and filter.

So for vehicles that have travelled over 4yrs or 60,000kms and have not had this completed, you can get this done for free!
Old 28-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

It might be only a certain VIN range. Our MC is one of the very first with the EcoBoost engine. Ours has only done 23,000km so only need the booklet updated.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
warp5
Starter Motor

Our Mondeo is also one of the very first ecoboost MC mondeos, I enquired about the 60k service and was told I would have to pay for the gearbox service!
So I did the the rest of the service myself except change the oil in the gearbox which I thought I would pay someone to do.
warp5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
anzlksf
Starter Motor

Yes I have received the letter too. My 2009 Focus TDCi is at 47K and had already had its 'B' service done at an independent local garage as the warranty had expired. I took my car in to the Ford dealer. It was only about an hour when I got the call to say it was done. I was a bit surprised that it had not taken longer. When I got there they had only put the sticker in the log book. They would not do the oil change gratis. They said they would have if I had had the 'B' service done at a Ford Dealer. Needless to say I was not overly happy and I went home and read the letter again and then contacted Ford Australia. After some insistence on my part they opened a case. A case manager got back to me in the afternoon and said that the dealer was mistaken and I should make another appointment and it would be done free. Hope this helps.
anzlksf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
warp5
Starter Motor

Just an update to my post, I eventually got the letter and had the oil change done, although I got nothing to say that the change WAS in fact done, no notes in the book, nothing, thought that was a bit strange.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the sticker placed in my service book today by the dealer. Car is not old enough or meets the kms required for further action at this time.
Old 13-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #8
warp5
Starter Motor

Another quick question, did anyone notice any difference in the performance of your gearbox after the oil was changed?

Cant say I noticed any difference.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
tjsports
Starter Motor

If you notice a difference with the new oil then it should have been changed earlier.
tjsports is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post