Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #1
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default TS50 Fiberglass Front Bar/Bumper

Hi all, I was after a bit of advice about fiberglass bumpers. I'm going to go for a TS/TE50 T3

style bumper, obviously an aftermarket fiberglass one and after lookining on the internet

I've have discovered 2 things. 1, many different companies do them and 2, a huge range

in price. I have seen them from under $300 on E bay and as much as $850 from a

fiberglass body kit manufacturer/retailer. The only difference being primed and coming with

the mesh on the cheapest and most expensive ones. Then there are all the prices in between

eg $380, $$570, $495 etc. So who's bought one from where and are you happy with the

product. I did my search before posting this new thread and found a poll but not a lot of info.

My point is with the huge difference in prices are the cheaper one only good for ornaments

on your shed wall? The difference is too great for me to rush into buying one and I'd

really appreciate information with people who have, or know people who have had experience

with them. Thanks and look forward to some sound advice.
Old 25-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

The two that's I've had both cost me around $250-$300, only the second one came with the mesh but I put the standard honeycombs in the top part anyway. I don't see any need to spend $800 as long as the cheaper ones are correct fits.
They should all come in gelcoat teat to prime and paint.

Regards
Ray

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: TS50 Fiberglass Front Bar/Bumper

Good stuff Ray, cheers. Like most stuff these days it's hard to get bad things that are useless and

break or don't perform as they should like you use to years ago. Sure not all things are created equal

but they all perform well eg TV's
This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2015, 04:18 AM   #4
GT 276
KarlFromWa

I brought one of eBay I'm pretty sure it was pride composites for around $380.

Once I finally got it, the next problem was too make it fit- which definitely wasn't show quality but did require a bit of work to make it fit, and once I did the gaps weren't perfect.

Then I got it painted which wasn't as simple. The painter said it had a lot of pin holes all over
It. Again it was fine for the car. And I wasn't after show quality. It is fibreglass after all

Other than that, make sure you keep it off any kerbs Etc, they don't take a liking to any touching.

Good luck mate

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
GT 276 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 276 View Post
I brought one of eBay I'm pretty sure it was pride composites for around $380.

Once I finally got it, the next problem was too make it fit- which definitely wasn't show quality but did require a bit of work to make it fit, and once I did the gaps weren't perfect.

Then I got it painted which wasn't as simple. The painter said it had a lot of pin holes all over
It. Again it was fine for the car. And I wasn't after show quality. It is fibreglass after all

Other than that, make sure you keep it off any kerbs Etc, they don't take a liking to any touching.

Good luck mate
Thanks for the heads up. SSV were over $800 The Spoiler Shop was $750 and then as

I mentioned I've seen them for around the $300 mark and every where in between. I've

decided I'm probably going to get it from Repliglass as I need another item from them so

seems they're in QLD am I'm in WA I may as well bundle them together, that is unless people

advise me otherwise. I plan to order at the end of next week. Thanks again.
Old 27-08-2015, 02:35 AM   #6
GT 276
KarlFromWa

I'm pretty sure that's the same one I got. Go for it, a lot cheaper than genuine

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
GT 276 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #7
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After a bit more research on the inter web I best stay away from Repliglass for a front bumper at least,

and almost all fiberglass manufacturers. What horror I've been reading form Ford to Commodore to

Jap car forums, scary stuff. I'll give AWC a call(Fibersports) they seem like the best for quality. Even SSV which was

the most expensive I found got a lot of bad reports. With most manufacturers of fiberglass I wasn't just finding 30%

bad and the rest satisfied, I'm talking most, at a guess over 85% people being VERY disappointed in their purchased

product.

I do plan on getting a HO style FG bonnet scoop, its a FG hump with vents, and no it's not to rice my car up

its for clearance for some mods and it needs some heat extraction big time. Anyone know where I can find this FG

bulge with vents I speak of. The HO site seems it no longer operates and Repliglass is the only one I've seen.

Worst case scenario if its low on quality it shouldn't be hard to fix.
Old 27-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #8
T MAN

fibresports is where I got one from a few years ago and it was pretty good, but they closed down in 2013..
I have heard that they are now prime composites, but cant confirm it...
T MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #9
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T MAN View Post
fibresports is where I got one from a few years ago and it was pretty good, but they closed down in 2013..
I have heard that they are now prime composites, but cant confirm it...
looks like they're still going, is this also AWC the site sponsor?

http://www.fibresports.com.au/

Just went to the site sponsor section and there is no mention of any body kit company listed.

I thought this because with all this searching I've been doing I saw "see AWC the site sponsor" mentioned multiple time
Old 28-08-2015, 01:10 AM   #10
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Ask Ray. He made an fg bulge bonnet for his au wagon.
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2015, 08:23 AM   #11
T MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347 mont View Post
looks like they're still going, is this also AWC the site sponsor?

http://www.fibresports.com.au/

Just went to the site sponsor section and there is no mention of any body kit company listed.

I thought this because with all this searching I've been doing I saw "see AWC the site sponsor" mentioned multiple time
the site might be running but there definitely closed and no longer at tarren point ..
T MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I do go a front bar even though its nearly double the cheapest price I've see I'm inclined to get from a

local supplier and fitter so I would have a better idea of what I'm getting, instead of a nasty surprise.

I read a rumor on here (AFF) that the original molds for the T3 TS/TE50's were in the hands of

The Spoiler Shop here in Perth but I'd take that with a grain of salt. I wonder why they don't produce

the bumpers or any part of the body kit, I mean the molds are somewhere and with all the fiberglass

ones that have been sold there is a market for them, and if people had a choice surely people would choose

the plastic over fg. For now I'm just going to sit on the idea.
Old 30-08-2015, 05:40 AM   #13
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

AWC might have closed but when going through the bumpers/spoilers on ebay, there's a seller using all awc's pics. I'd be hitting them up for a bit of info. Back when they were around I heard they were about the best there was. I'll be enquiring about p250 skirts and rear bar from them.

Weekender. AU XR8 s2 sedan. 427 windsor, t56 magnum. 3.9 locker.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownv8au View Post
AWC might have closed but when going through the bumpers/spoilers on ebay, there's a seller using all awc's pics. I'd be hitting them up for a bit of info. Back when they were around I heard they were about the best there was. I'll be enquiring about p250 skirts and rear bar from them.
Just approach with caution as their feedback isn't award winning. Complaints about fitment,

quality of finish and slow turn around time. I also read a thread on here that AWC/Fibersports

were still taking money and orders and the shop was closed down and nobody was told.