Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
DougalXR6

Default MD Cabin Filter

I had the 15000/ 1 Year service completed on my MD Trend EcoBoost yesterday and have noticed that they did not replace the cabin filter. I thought it best to read the "Terms and Conditions" for the "Service Price Promise" on the Ford website before I called the dealer and it clearly states that the standard service does not include the air conditioning filter, even though the service handbook recommends changing the filter yearly.

It was very easy to replace the cabin filter on my BA and FG Falcons however, I am assuming it won't be so easy on the Mondeo.

Does any one know how to replace the cabin filter on an MD?

I haven't been able to find any instructional videos or a filter online at this time.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MD Cabin Filter

Yeah they're typically not included which is ridiculous at service time and if done it's an extra cost tacked on top, I've seen similar with Toyota.

I'm guessing yours will be easier cause you have a different dash to the last generation setup, I reckon you'll have a good chance it'll be easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Previous Mondeos they're a pain in the backside compared to other designs. The book will have you remove the glovebox (yes the whole thing) adn the passenger centre console side kick panel. Then drop the GEM Panel and move it to the side, now you can access the side cover to remove three screws and pull out the filter.

I've noticed with mine Dara Ford Brisbane (spelling) haven't put the top screw back in cover plate so I can get away with the moving the GEM panel, the kick panel, two cover screws and I can get it done. I get the charcoal filter from Ford they've priced it at $21, though they see my $20 note and say 'Yeah that'll do' lol. Other Auto stores have only the paper filter and want more money which is a laugh.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
DougalXR6

Thanks for your reply Cobrin.

I will price the filter at the local Ford dealer. I want to stay with the charcoal filter as they stop any exhaust fumes from entering the car. My wife suffers from asthma and this is the first car we've owned where she doesn't keep reaching for the recirc button.

I will keep an eye on Youtube as I'm sure someone ( probably in the UK ) will make an instrustional video for the MDs filter.
Old 15-12-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
I had the 15000/ 1 Year service completed on my MD Trend EcoBoost yesterday and have noticed that they did not replace the cabin filter. I thought it best to read the "Terms and Conditions" for the "Service Price Promise" on the Ford website before I called the dealer and it clearly states that the standard service does not include the air conditioning filter, even though the service handbook recommends changing the filter yearly.

It was very easy to replace the cabin filter on my BA and FG Falcons however, I am assuming it won't be so easy on the Mondeo.

Does any one know how to replace the cabin filter on an MD?

I haven't been able to find any instructional videos or a filter online at this time.
I just had the 12mth / 15,000km service done today on the Titanium also. I made reference to the owners manual (and per my previous 3 MC Mondeos) I confirmed that the Pollen (Cabin) Filter was to be changed. The dealer (Q Ford Springwood) had an item charge for the filter (Part No. FODG9H18D483BA). I queried this and was advised that they included it for me as part of the service and no extra charge.
But clearly now for the MD's they do not replace the Cabin Filters as part of the scheduled service.
I also had the Sat Nav Update.

Here are the installation instructions for the Cabin Filter; http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=vf2050

Good luck!!!
Old 15-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post

Here are the installation instructions for the Cabin Filter; http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=vf2050
Thanks for the instructions. Looks easy enough, when you know how to do it. As John McGrath Ford in Canberra will charge extra for the replacement I will change it myself on a regular basis.

As there was no mention of the satnav update on the paper work I questioned them about it and after they checked with the mechanic who completed the work I was advised that it had been updated.

Do you know how to check if it is ther latest version?
Old 15-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #6
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was noted on my invoice, plus there was an easy peel sticker on the touchscreen from Ford - "A Free Satnav Update on us!"

As for version numbers etc. I have no clue!
Old 15-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #7
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
was noted on my invoice, plus there was an easy peel sticker on the touchscreen from Ford - "A Free Satnav Update on us!"

As for version numbers etc. I have no clue!
I've worked out how to find the Satnav version:

From the main screen press the "Settings" button ( two gear wheels ) at the bottom of the screen.
Press "System Info"

The display will now show a list of serial numbers and lisence numbers including:
Navigation Application Version: 4.66.5
Map Database Version: K3

If you could please let me know what these two versions are on your car I can confirm that mine has been updated as well.

Thanks.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:48 AM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
I've worked out how to find the Satnav version:

From the main screen press the "Settings" button ( two gear wheels ) at the bottom of the screen.
Press "System Info"

The display will now show a list of serial numbers and lisence numbers including:
Navigation Application Version: 4.66.5
Map Database Version: K3

If you could please let me know what these two versions are on your car I can confirm that mine has been updated as well.

Thanks.
K3 id the latest version Sat Nav maps...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
asteele-xr6

I have a 3 week old Titanium, and am also in Canberra.

My Sync 3 software version is 2.0
Navigation maps version: ANZ 1 15
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
K3 id the latest version Sat Nav maps...
Sorry I should have been clearer K3 is latest version for SYNC2...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #11
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Sorry I should have been clearer K3 is latest version for SYNC2...
Thanks for confirming that I have the latest map installed.
Old 22-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #12
bungfritz
Starter Motor

I just asked for my maps to be upgraded when I dropped my Mondeo off for the headlight recall, and they must have updated my Navigation Application version as I now have Nav app version 5.67.2 and Map database version K3.
bungfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post