Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
michaelnz
Starter Motor

Unhappy Lighting Bar Switch Wiring

Hi from the other side of the ditch
I have a problem I hope a smart Ranger owner can help me with.
I have just installed a nice light bar on the XLT using a plug and play loom.
It works perfectly BUT I would like to replace the teardrop switch with a 5-pin led rocker.
Evidently, I need to make some changes to the relay wiring as I can find no combination that makes the switch work properly.
The relay is a TR H101-12v four pin
Pin 30 has the battery +ve and a blue (+ve)? to the switch
Pin 65 has a white wire to the switch
Pin 87 has the positive to the bar
Pin 85 has the -ve to the battery and the -ve to the bar and the black (-ve)? to the switch.
Thanks
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hi from the other side of the ditch.pdf (365.0 KB, 16 views)
michaelnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Lighting Bar Switch Wiring

Why a 5 pin when Altonics an Jaycar etc will sell you a compatible single throw two pole LED illuminated rocker. e.g. https://www.jaycar.com.au/dpst-neon-...-mini/p/SK0995
Old 03-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #3
michaelnz
Starter Motor

Aussieblue
Hi,cause its a part of a matching set of five switches.
Thanks for replying
michaelnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

You should be able to get a matching DPST from where ever the other five came from. We need to know more details (pictures) of the 5 pin switch rather than the relay if you really must use it.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Like this then: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-12V-...-/361734611159

Two earth pins to an earth. Link the power to accessory and small light pins and the other two go to the relay.