Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #61
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Sorry for the double post,
wat do u guys recommend for lowering springs ?

King Springs / Eibachs Pro-Kit

And if i do order the Eibachs from European Parts
So do i order the MK6 or MK6 ST?

.....cause both lower the car the same amount but 1 is a lil cheaper than the other, will the cheaper MK6 ST springs still fit ???
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 19-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #62
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Nice rims, InnerDevil. The red and black complement each other well.

As for springs, I'd think the front ST ones would be harder/stiffer because the 2L motor is heavier?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #63
fiestars

Been watching this thread with intrested do WQ's count? cause that what i own.

2007 1.6 Lx
Manual
38 XXX
Spax 45mm( yet to be fitted)
Problems so far: oxygen sensors which where replaced under warranty
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #64
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

ohh WAT THE....... of course, lol, why not

we both have the same shape, motor, etc, so i can't see the big deal
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 19-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #65
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerDevil
Sorry for the double post,
wat do u guys recommend for lowering springs ?

.....cause both lower the car the same amount but 1 is a lil cheaper than the other, will the cheaper MK6 ST springs still fit ???
The Eibach springs for the ST are are slightly heavier gauge, they are made to take the extra weight of the heavier 2.0L motor in the ST/XR4 .. these springs are also required for the Diesel Fiesta's.

If I were you I would go for the other ones that suit the 1.6L engine.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #66
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

ive been doin a lil searching today and ive found another two more lowering spring products

Pedders Sport Ryders - seen zbeastys fiesta on the pedders website, 18" rims wow!!
Spax?

are they any good?

i've gotten quotes for 3 and all are bout the $550 range (fitted), not sure of the eibachs though
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 19-04-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 19-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #67
fiestars

Quote:
ohh WAT THE....... of course, lol, why not

we both have the same shape, motor, etc, so i can't see the big deal
True only difference is the lights and trim i guess, dont know what look you are going for, i have been having a peep in the uk forums they recommend the spax 45mm springs they look sick with 17s thats why i got them i think they cost the same if not cheaper and you get an extra 10mm drop ride is harsh tho
Old 19-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #68
fiestars

Quote:
ive been doin a lil searching today and ive found another two more lowering spring products

Pedders Sport Ryders - seen zbeastys fiesta on the pedders website, 18" rims wow!!
Spax?

are they any good?

i've gotten quotes for 3 and all are bout the $550 range (fitted), not sure of the eibachs though
what springs u getting quoted for $550 fitted? im getting $300 just for fitting that comes to about $600 including the cost of the springs i bought a lil bit shocking that installation costs the same as the springs lol if i had a torque wrench i would do a DIY
i havent installed the springs yet but if u go on the ukfiestanetwork you wont read anything negative about the spax 45mm
Old 20-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #69
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

I got the King Springs in mine, delivered to me for $278 new, from Ebay last year, I then fitted the rears myself (VERY EASY) and then drove to Beaurepairs and had the fronts fitted with a wheel alighment for $145.

Give it a shot!!!!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #70
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

yeh but dont u need a spring compressor to remove the old ones ?

and is it that simple - just remove and replace ?

and im thinkin of gettin my suspension bushes replaced (depending on price and labour), to give the car better overall comfort, and handling

and should i get a (rear or front) sway bar aswell?

is it worth the money, or is it only worth it if im gonna be using it on the track alot, cause i do hope to get the car out on a track day sometime soon, and if it does well then maybe another few times aswell
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 20-04-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 20-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #71
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestars
what springs u getting quoted for $550 fitted? im getting $300 just for fitting that comes to about $600 including the cost of the springs i bought a lil bit shocking that installation costs the same as the springs lol if i had a torque wrench i would do a DIY
i havent installed the springs yet but if u go on the ukfiestanetwork you wont read anything negative about the spax 45mm
Wholesale Suspension- Penrith- King Springs/Spax = $550
Pedders- Granville- Sports Ryder + $550

and with the spax, im not really leaning towards those, cause around my gfs place there are some really massive retarded speed bumps in a one way street, with cars on one side, so with lower suspension comes driving the car on more of an angle over speed bumps, right?
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 20-04-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 20-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #72
fiestars

Quote:
Wholesale Suspension- Penrith- King Springs/Spax = $550
Pedders- Granville- Sports Ryder + $550

and with the spax, im not really leaning towards those, cause around my gfs place there are some really massive retarded speed bumps in a one way street, with cars on one side, so with lower suspension comes driving the car on more of an angle over speed bumps, right?
If i install mine before you do i will let you know how close it is to the ground isnt the pedders 40mm? if so its only 5mm less than mine but the good thing you get it locally i dealt with the most uselss company mine took a month to arrive : i guess u wud have to drive at angles, i havent seen any ridiculous speed bumps in Perth only at shopping malls
Old 20-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #73
fiestars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
I got the King Springs in mine, delivered to me for $278 new, from Ebay last year, I then fitted the rears myself (VERY EASY) and then drove to Beaurepairs and had the fronts fitted with a wheel alighment for $145.

Give it a shot!!!!
the rears look easy but i dont have a torque wrench, i might try and hire one
Old 20-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #74
alky89

just buy one. they're like $50. this one diy alone would already pay it back.
alky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #75
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Don't need a torque wrench or spring compressors, I actually just tied the rears with rope for a bit of extra ease out.... They just sit their!!!!!!
Old 20-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #76
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You were completely on the right track with the Eibach's from Euro Parts mate ... then somehow you must have taken a wrong turn down a very long dark road and got completely lost! ... Spax, Kings, Pedders! ... have you been heavily drinking or something?

I suggest you stop immediately, turn around, head straight on back to the right track and do not stop until you get there!

Order the Eibach's from Euro Parts, get them Premium Air-freighted to your local Post Office, pick them up and take them to your local trusted Mechanic who will install them for you in under an hour.

Money wise you'll still come out on top compared to the prices you're getting quoted for those others, .... and you'll also have the best springs available installed in your Fez that money can buy!
Old 20-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #77
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Nothing wrong with my Kings Rob, modeled off the Eibachs from memory? Don't know where I heard that.
Old 21-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #78
fiestars

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
You were completely on the right track with the Eibach's from Euro Parts mate ... then somehow you must have taken a wrong turn down a very long dark road and got completely lost! ... Spax, Kings, Pedders! ... have you been heavily drinking or something?

I suggest you stop immediately, turn around, head straight on back to the right track and do not stop until you get there!

Order the Eibach's from Euro Parts, get them Premium Air-freighted to your local Post Office, pick them up and take them to your local trusted Mechanic who will install them for you in under an hour.

Money wise you'll still come out on top compared to the prices you're getting quoted for those others, .... and you'll also have the best springs available installed in your Fez that money can buy!
are u a eibach sales rep? as good as eibachs are they are other good alternatives i dont think there is a need to bash other springs
Old 21-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #79
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
are u a eibach sales rep? as good as eibachs are they are other good alternatives i dont think there is a need to bash other springs
Not "bashing other springs" at all mate ... simply implying why would the poster, or anyone else for that matter get Kings or Pedders installed for circa $500 when they can purchase genuine Eibach's for less than half that amount? ... bit of a no-brainer wouldn't you say?

And no .. I am not a sales rep for Eibach's or anyone else, ... I am merely a consumer who for your information has purchased many sets of lowered springs over the years including Kings, Lovells, Spax, Eibach etc and am simply voicing my personal opinion as to which of these I have found the best and have provided superior performance over the others.

If you .. or the poster who posed the original question believe Kings/Pedders are a superior product and worth paying "over the odds" for .. knock yourself out .. it's your cash, it's your choice .. no skin off my nose.
Old 21-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #80
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Only reason I got my springs from Kings was price. Over $150 less installed than the Eibachs, (bad exchange rate when I was looking, but as usual, picked right up only months or weeks later.)
Old 21-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #81
fiestars

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Not "bashing other springs" at all mate ... simply implying why would the poster, or anyone else for that matter get Kings or Pedders installed for circa $500 when they can purchase genuine Eibach's for less than half that amount? ... bit of a no-brainer wouldn't you say?

And no .. I am not a sales rep for Eibach's or anyone else, ... I am merely a consumer who for your information has purchased many sets of lowered springs over the years including Kings, Lovells, Spax, Eibach etc and am simply voicing my personal opinion as to which of these I have found the best and have provided superior performance over the others.

If you .. or the poster who posed the original question believe Kings/Pedders are a superior product and worth paying "over the odds" for .. knock yourself out .. it's your cash, it's your choice .. no skin off my nose.
True i have never used pedders/kings but people who have say they aint bad, im yet to install my spax but from what i have read they are good..
wat the OP decides in the end doesn't concern me like you said its his money i was just offering my 2 cents worth on the spax springs
Old 22-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #82
Oscuro

My local pedders quoted $680 for their sports ryder + wheel alignment which seemed over the odds so I did like most and ordered Eibachs which are probably still sitting on the runway at some german airport until the icelandic volcano stops blowing.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #83
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

robjh80,

i know where yr coming from, i agree with u, Eibachs are the best springs a fez can get

but just calculating everything

$187 Eibach springs
$100 Premium Air Freight
$250 Quoted by Pedders and Wholesale Suspension (just for fitting)
$45 Wheel Alignment
= $582AUD

Plus on top of all of that i gotta wait for the F@$#ing volcano to stop blowing S@#$ everywhere before the product even leaves Europe, reports say flights maybe canceled by some flight company's till mid may

Honestly rob id be happy to pay $700 (fitted) for the Eibachs if they where in Australia, (if anybody is selling there's throw me a PM)

Quote:
Spax

Cons
rides harsh but thats what you get when you lower your car by 45mm
i dont think im brave enough to drop it that low, was looking at the car this morning, had the measuring tape out and figured 35mm is the lowest i may possibly go with out hitting the guard hitting tyre on the rebound

Im probably gonna go for the Sports Ryder, $550 Fitted and Aligned, Red In Colour :evil_laug
Just waiting for some money to come through next week and im off
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 22-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #84
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Long time no post sorry guys!
no excuses really :

good to see the forum's still kicking.
just thought i might join in again seeing's as though there's some discussion about the REAL Fiesta! : Half the reason i dwindled off was is was always WS this Ws that... hehe.

my two cents with regards to lowering. had i had a choice again, i probably would have gone for Eibachs... but i got King's pretty darn cheap and they have been really good. lowered on the 16" MP3's and my little baby holds fast around corners like a pro. trying to wear out the rubbers to buy better quality though!

here she is again to get me back into the swing of things:
albeit a tad dirty...

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #85
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
Long time no post sorry guys!
no excuses really :

good to see the forum's still kicking.
just thought i might join in again seeing's as though there's some discussion about the REAL Fiesta! : Half the reason i dwindled off was is was always WS this Ws that... hehe.

my two cents with regards to lowering. had i had a choice again, i probably would have gone for Eibachs... but i got King's pretty darn cheap and they have been really good. lowered on the 16" MP3's and my little baby holds fast around corners like a pro. trying to wear out the rubbers to buy better quality though!

here she is again to get me back into the swing of things:
albeit a tad dirty...

i do quite like your car haha. its exactly the same as mine, except it has most things that i want on my car, lowered, stripes, body kit, spoiler.

one day... one day haha
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #86
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

AAaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

JIMS BACK, still haven't got those side skirts on yet!!! ( I am sure it was you who had found some.)

Still looking good.
Old 23-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #87
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

haahaha! noooo!!! You've found me out! Very astute TwinPiston... nearly got away with it...
still yet to spray em, will end up getting them done by a proffessional now i've started full time work after uni ;)
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #88
Oscuro

King springs $135 a pair http://www.modyourcar.com.au/suspens...rings-cat17_92 should have bought these.
3 weeks my Eibachs still havent arrived.

Devil re Fiesta logo floor mats I got them from http://www.matcraft.com.au/ good thick carpet cut to Fiesta template cost about $100.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #89
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
King springs $135 a pair http://www.modyourcar.com.au/suspens...rings-cat17_92 should have bought these.
3 weeks my Eibachs still havent arrived
But Oscuro while u were waiting look wat i got, while yrs still havent arrived,

Well Heres Wat I Got Done Yesterday:

Rear Guard: 40mm Front Guard: 40mm

Rear drop: 35mm Front Drop: 30mm

And A Couple Of Seat Covers: Were $40ea - Got The Set For $50
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 28-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #90
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Very nice, red and black go well together.

I got the factory body kit off eBay last week, for half the retail price. I just need to wait for the weather to warm up so I can prime and paint it.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post