Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-09-2023, 12:26 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default scum bogans

see last week that a fire crew in Dubbo put out a rubbish bin fire, find their truck won't start and then forced to take shelter in their truck as ****heads start throwing rocks at them.
Hello bells if I'd been there the fire hose would have been turned on the ****heads. very very hard pressure.

what sort of country are we turning into?
Old 29-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #2
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: scum bogans

Add Ambos to the list Tonz, apparently all good to spit on and punch the very people trying to help you. A friend's daughter is a paramedic, she has told us this is pretty regular occurrence from the ferrals.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...IECTRGZTNMLYY/
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2023, 01:59 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
see last week that a fire crew in Dubbo put out a rubbish bin fire, find their truck won't start and then forced to take shelter in their truck as ****heads start throwing rocks at them.
Hello bells if I'd been there the fire hose would have been turned on the ****heads. very very hard pressure.

what sort of country are we turning into?
Yep, sounds like Dubbo alright.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2023, 04:27 PM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Add Ambos to the list Tonz, apparently all good to spit on and punch the very people trying to help you. A friend's daughter is a paramedic, she has told us this is pretty regular occurrence from the ferrals.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...IECTRGZTNMLYY/
Been going on for years with paramedics being used as punching bags from scum, you can blame governments and weak judicial services not doing enough to protect them.
Fck me, fancy being assaulted trying to do your job saving people and the legal system is soft on offenders.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2023, 06:39 PM   #5
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Been going on for years with paramedics being used as punching bags from scum, you can blame governments and weak judicial services not doing enough to protect them.
Fck me, fancy being assaulted trying to do your job saving people and the legal system is soft on offenders.
The Australian way. Criminals won't get any punishment here. We feel too sorry for offenders who will never change, but we don't have any empathy for those whose lives are ended or destroyed by their crimes.

Look up Jye Kenden, scot free no jail after murdering a disabled gentleman in cold blood. His co-accused Jackson Feeney only got 15 years or so, but came up with a whinge-fest as to why he needs to get out of jail early. Come on!

https://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/v...0jk;mask_path=

Also look up Mathieu Moustique, constantly beats his pregnant partner, so she loses the baby TWICE...and gets off scot free because he's "depressed".

https://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/v...que;mask_path=
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2023, 07:06 PM   #6
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive had a few work colleagues complaining about Dubbo many years ago. One was telling me how some scumbags in Dubbo were trying to rob them with a home made road block like 10-15 years ago. I don’t think this is just a modern problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Remember when the law was changed so scum who attacked emergancy service workers were supposed to get mandatory jail time.
Then the first ambo basher caught after this law was brought in got a slap on the wrist. Yeah I remember.
This may have been a NSW thing.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2023, 07:55 PM   #7
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post
The Australian way. Criminals won't get any punishment here. We feel too sorry for offenders who will never change, but we don't have any empathy for those whose lives are ended or destroyed by their crimes.

Look up Jye Kenden, scot free no jail after murdering a disabled gentleman in cold blood. His co-accused Jackson Feeney only got 15 years or so, but came up with a whinge-fest as to why he needs to get out of jail early. Come on!

Also look up Mathieu Moustique, constantly beats his pregnant partner, so she loses the baby TWICE...and gets off scot free because he's "depressed".

Yeah but rip the ATO for a few bucks,into the brig no leniency
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2023, 07:12 PM   #8
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Ive had a few work colleagues complaining about Dubbo many years ago. One was telling me how some scumbags in Dubbo were trying to rob them with a home made road block like 10-15 years ago. I don’t think this is just a modern problem.

Musta been West Dubbo

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2023, 01:54 PM   #9
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

5 years ago when I was passing through Dubbo for the first time in many years, I was messaging a friend about my trip and when she discovered I was about to go through Dubbo she told me "be VERY careful where you park and where you walk", I thought she was kidding untill I went to use the facilities in one of the shopping centres and discovered they were equipped with the same blue lights used to make it hard for junkies to find a vein when shooting up....
Old 23-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #10
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My one visit to Dubbo was a weird one.
We had been travelling for several weeks and had been cut off from most news (not by accident).
Heading to Dubbo was crazy torrential rain and the place seemed surprisingly busy, people everywhere.
Turned out we had arrived at the same time as Megan and Harry.
I have a couple of cans of beer I bought that day with Royals artwork.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2023, 11:12 PM   #11
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Doesn't look like somewhere I'd like to live https://aucrimerate.com/nsw/suburbs/...te-statistics/ but I guess there are about 9% of Australian who would prefer Dubbo to where they currently live. Diito https://redsuburbs.com.au/suburbs/dubbo/

Last edited by aussiblue; 23-10-2023 at 11:39 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2023, 12:17 AM   #12
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Good ol' Dubbo. Home of the Taronga western plains Zoo. Remain in your car and enjoy the wildlife!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2023, 11:43 PM   #13
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Dubbo is a hole that should be filled in. Wellington is the ice capital of the central west, and Gilgandra isn't far behind.

The Fleet
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2023, 07:29 AM   #14
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve not been through Dubbo in years - furthest west I get is Parkes, then south on the Newell. What’s convincing people in these areas, that meth use is a smart choice?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2023, 09:42 AM   #15
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve not been through Dubbo in years - furthest west I get is Parkes, then south on the Newell. What’s convincing people in these areas, that meth use is a smart choice?
Mostly "sit - down money". Read into that what you will, but it really got bad after the notorious Block was demolished and its residents moved.

It's not lack of employment as most places out here can't get workers

The Fleet
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2023, 02:52 PM   #16
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ah, got it. The Block was a right mess when heroin lodged there - I worked on a job in Caroline St, just metres away - it was “interesting” at times. Many of the locals were up for a friendly chat if they realised you weren’t racist by nature.

Neat juxtaposition of this thread and a recent Police press release: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/n...bWwmYWxsPTE%3D
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #17
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys
my wife and myself went to western Plains Zoo in Dubbo about 2 years ago and we took her car which is a Holden Commodore station wagon.
The guy who ran the Motel where we stayed for the night said to me "keep an eye on your car".

The next morning we were going out for breakfast and got up and i went out to have a look the car and said to the motel owner " all good cars still got all its tyres on"!
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2023, 08:19 PM   #18
None-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post

-click click bang- problem solved
None-ya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #19
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Guys
my wife and myself went to western Plains Zoo in Dubbo about 2 years ago and we took her car which is a Holden Commodore station wagon.
The guy who ran the Motel where we stayed for the night said to me "keep an eye on your car".

The next morning we were going out for breakfast and got up and i went out to have a look the car and said to the motel owner " all good cars still got all its tyres on"!
Ummm, Stockton Caravan Park comes to mind.
Thieves like to break into tow cars during wild weather nights, it deadens any sound they make.
Happens quite a bit there. Probably no worse than Dubbo.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:58 AM   #20
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ummm, Stockton Caravan Park comes to mind.
Thieves like to break into tow cars during wild weather nights, it deadens any sound they make.
Happens quite a bit there. Probably no worse than Dubbo.
Stockton isn’t great, but I wouldn’t compare it to Dubbo. Plus Stockton is becoming gentrified so there seems to be less and less issues happening there.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2023, 12:18 PM   #21
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Stockton isn’t great, but I wouldn’t compare it to Dubbo. Plus Stockton is becoming gentrified so there seems to be less and less issues happening there.
You don't use the ferry much do you. Becoming gentrified as in kicking the waterfront houso's out and selling the places to wealthy investors, who are happy to pay Newcastle's rocketing council rates.

Bit of an us and them going on there atm but yeah not as bad as Dubbo or Junee.

Old 09-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #22
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Junee? What’s the deal there?
Old 10-12-2023, 11:06 AM   #23
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

It goes much much deeper than just the soft justice system. Our government departments and the welfare system is also to blame.
Go and have 4 kids to 4 different fathers and get addicted to drugs and what is your punishment?
That’s right, government housing and free cars.
Raise a deadbeat kit who can’t look after their deadbeat kid and the government will pay you to care for your grandchild and give you a free car.

On and on it goes. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions. They’re all victims and stick their hand out for cash.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #24
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Junee? What’s the deal there?
Top Ghia basically just answered your question.

Lets put it this way, when all the little worker bees finally finish working 9-5 all their lives, sell everything up to buy a wiz bang gadget full RV (insert type here) and have a thirst for AC power requiring them stay in these lovely quaint little country towns, it puts them in amongst people who live there because of circumstance.

Putting people who want to stay there against people who don't have a choice usually causes conflicts.

I'm sure if your staying in the local $280 a night glitzy BnB you probably wouldn't notice it.

Old 10-12-2023, 08:05 PM   #25
None-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
It goes much much deeper than just the soft justice system. Our government departments and the welfare system is also to blame.
Go and have 4 kids to 4 different fathers and get addicted to drugs and what is your punishment?
That’s right, government housing and free cars.
Raise a deadbeat kit who can’t look after their deadbeat kid and the government will pay you to care for your grandchild and give you a free car.

On and on it goes. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions. They’re all victims and stick their hand out for cash.
Holy F do I wanna say something but na I'll bite my tongue.
None-ya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2023, 09:13 PM   #26
Paul302351

https://youtu.be/Ey3V6jxoolw?si=GccTvP49qqX7I7J3
Paul302351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2023, 11:10 PM   #27
None-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul302351 View Post