Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #31
kezzer

got a link FPV8?
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The very thing FPV was trying to avoid, a horsepower war.
Now HSV will have to have that 12 litre 1500 hp engine.....
Jerks won't be happy until the government steps in and bans the lot.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
got a link FPV8?

utube it...its everywhere

im guessing hsv has got a gt335 of there own on a dyno and seen that the badge is RWKWs and sloped themselves...bwhahahaha
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #34
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People , this has appeared in Holden Monthly , treat it with the contempt it deserves . Ford could put a car on Mars , cure world hunger , find a cure for cancer and end all wars and holden Monthly would still put on their cover how Holden have revised the ashtray hinge in the latest Commode .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #35
kpcart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR
indefinitely, apparently more exclusive than the GTHO, i read in small print somewhere on car advice

Exactly, procastinators
lol, i am a ford fan as ai drive one, but i laugh at you calling holden procastinators, they have had the power advantage for so many years, now ford have it for 1 months and suddenly holden are the procastinators (check spelling) lol, please, its ford fans like you that give our badge a bad name and bad sales. Holden have already done the 375kw job, which is 40 more then fords best and 2 years ago. If Ford were not "procrastinators" they would have done this 3 years ago also and not lost so many sales as they are with inferior muscle car "numbers"(ie engine specs) and also inferior design.

I can say all this honestly, because i drive a Falcon station wagon, and am not totally brand loyal obsessed like some in this forum. I like holdens, and fords, but chose ford for the superior 6 cyl engine and drive train integration. but in the muscle car terms, i can see Ford has been behind for about 10 years, and even with the 'coyote' will have trouble regaining ground.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #36
SS Eater

Be honest people, who out there wouldnt want a modern 2 door coupe with a stonking v8 or turbo 6 for that matter.
I say bring it on Holden and then maybe Ford will do the same......FG coupe anyone.
Old 22-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
lol, i am a ford fan as ai drive one, but i laugh at you calling holden procastinators, they have had the power advantage for so many years, now ford have it for 1 months and suddenly holden are the procastinators (check spelling) lol, please, its ford fans like you that give our badge a bad name and bad sales. Holden have already done the 375kw job, which is 40 more then fords best and 2 years ago. If Ford were not "procrastinators" they would have done this 3 years ago also and not lost so many sales as they are with inferior muscle car "numbers"(ie engine specs) and also inferior design.

I can say all this honestly, because i drive a Falcon station wagon, and am not totally brand loyal obsessed like some in this forum. I like holdens, and fords, but chose ford for the superior 6 cyl engine and drive train integration. but in the muscle car terms, i can see Ford has been behind for about 10 years, and even with the 'coyote' will have trouble regaining ground.
Ford USA designed the Coyote with boost pressures in mind.....

Recent Dyno tests have shown the 335 Kw GT is actually making that power or more
at the rear wheels, not at the flywheel and that's without any intercooler fitted yet.
Coyote is at the start of its development phase while the LS engine will retire in 2012/3.

The last thing I want to see is a power war at the showroom floor, it's really bad news
for enthusiasts as it attracts government attention with calls for restricting power to follow...
Better to have a "basic" blown engine with understated HP/torque like FPV have done
than risk the media backlash of escalating power wars and ensuing bans by governments

If HSV uses the Z28 engine, I'd expect it will be exclusive, limited run and of course expensive.
Old 22-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Eater
Be honest people, who out there wouldnt want a modern 2 door coupe with a stonking v8 or turbo 6 for that matter.
I say bring it on Holden and then maybe Ford will do the same......FG coupe anyone.
Of course we all would but how many would seriously go out and lay down the cash?

It's the basic V8/Turbo V6 performance fan problem, most of those fans calling for the
introduction of a V8 this or that have no intention of going out and buying a new one.
Heck, the same people didn't even support the last XR8, that's why it disappeared.

I'm not meaning to be negative here but there's a big difference in wanting to
see products available as a fan/enthusiast and being actually willing to buy them.
Old 22-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #39
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LS9 or LSX? If its the LS9 it would be way to expensive, and would cost just as much as a W427 because of its dry sump lubrication system.

Rumours of HSV using the LS9/LSX have been circulating for the past 2 years.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
Deco28

If HSV went down this route, it would be with the LSA, not the LS9.

My money however is HSV persevering with the LS3 until GenV. I'd say Holden/HSV would already have their hands on GenV prototypes and are starting to tinker.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #41
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

And guess what? It wont matter what they settle one as FPV will just turn the boost up :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 22-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #42
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
And guess what? It wont matter what they settle one as FPV will just turn the boost up :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
only so much boost till things go wrong.....

im unsure with the ls3. i think it does have a bit more room to move. but hsv has been working on other things i think they kinda got a bit cocky cause theve had it so good for so long. but the roots of these cars has always been about perfomance not bloody gadgits. i wouldent mind a cammed ls3 from hsv tho..
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #43
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LS3 is done, its at the ceiling. HSV wont get a new engine till 2012, and i'm told it will be the 5.3L Gen V, not sure if GM will offer a blower version though, so things may not improve much for HSV.

Old 22-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #44
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart

yes badly worded my like wheels once again make holden look bad i read to many wheels magazines and it makes it look like they bad, also ford for that matter. Ford may have less sale but last time I checked still in better financial position than holden/GM (goverment funded)

Yay holden 475kw yes, amazing, readin in magazine and the 480kw walkinshaw guess how many RWKW. . . . . 368rwkw, mmmm 30 more than a falcon, NZ$30000 for 30more rwkw over a GT?
and the walkinshaw did an astonishing 12.58 1/4 mile. and this is holdens fastest aftermarket. I can see the coyote is threatend.

HSV having nicer design? Yes. . .
Ill just go to supercheap auto to by some day time driving for the new GTS.
the interior is yuk, one thing in the E3 is the ICC thats a bonus and also MRC.

yes they coyote might struggle for the first bit givin the 10 years in HSV favour, but a few HSV mates ive talked to would seriously consider walking into an FPV dealership.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #45
fordv8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris
People , this has appeared in Holden Monthly , treat it with the contempt it deserves . Ford could put a car on Mars , cure world hunger , find a cure for cancer and end all wars and holden Monthly would still put on their cover how Holden have revised the ashtray hinge in the latest Commode .

i agree totally!!!
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
mrfordfairmont
351 clevo

at least it not like this

2004 territory ghia
click here for pics
work daily ke laser ghia RIP
click here for pics
Daily EF II fairmont wagon RIP
click here for pics
XD 351 clevo lowered
click here for pics

thanks to
p.e.a.c.h performance at stafford
http://www.peachperformance.com
mrfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #47
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Meh, it's page 1 headlines followed by a retraction weeks later buried on page 59....

Holden and GM are adept at grabbing headlines and apologising later,
a bit like their accountancy department I fear.....

GM have stated that no RHDs will be done for Camrao or CTS-V period
and as for the blown engine, HSV and Harrop are cheaper than GMNA.
Well, i'm enjoying driving around in my lightweight, aerodynamic, solar panelled, 2L hybrid powered Commodore that i purchased 5 years ago. I just don't understand your cynicism.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #48
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfordfairmont
at least it not like this
That belongs in the epic fail thread lol!
Old 22-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #49
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

is that just like an ss commodore ute with a camaro front with a two tone paint job????
Old 23-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #50
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
is that just like an ss commodore ute with a camaro front with a two tone paint job????
Yup. Don't think it looks too bad.

I have heard a source at Lang Lang say there's been a supercharged engine through there getting tested (this was before the Coyote release)
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #51
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes it is, something like that with a similar but unique El Camino nose would raise US buyer interest
adding it to a sedan and using similar style on the boot would grab American buyers attention...
Old 23-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #52
sandmanls1

this is what we need comes in 6 speed manual as well. 6.2 LSA blown

Old 23-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #53
burnz
VFII SS UTE

the L99 is a 300kw 6.2L VVT AFM for the SS commodore.
the LSA 6.2L 414kw uses a smaller blower (4 lobe roots) than LS9 (lysom screw)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #54
kinksta
Luxojet

ssandman that is "crisis" worthy!!!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #55
Deco28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
LS3 is done, its at the ceiling. HSV wont get a new engine till 2012, and i'm told it will be the 5.3L Gen V, not sure if GM will offer a blower version though, so things may not improve much for HSV.
I'm hearing the capacity of GenV will be similar to GenIV. However new technologies will greatly increase power and fuel efficiency at once.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #56
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanls1