Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #571
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Re: VF Holden

AutoGuide.Com is quoting GM Detroit insiders suggesting the FWD IMPALA will go RWD.....if so Commodore would remain as is!

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #572
Motorbreath310

Default Re: VF Holden

Loving that interior to be honest. Moreso the suede-type inserts combined with other elements. What the hell is HSV going to do to improve upon this?
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #573
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Interesting read here......
I quite like the look of the VF. Well done Holden !

Out of interest, what do people think that the new VF will do for Commodore
sales numbers.... lift, stabilise, or continue to decline? I tend to think they will still
drop and perhaps a taller asking price will fit more with a 'niche market' large sedan.
The coming VF sales numbers for the second half of 2013 will be a telling point I guess.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #574
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Interior 9/10. Exterior 5-6/10. VE was so much more succesfully desiged as a sports model.
That's your opinion though.

I think the VF is great... So much so I think I'll buy an SSV.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #575
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
Loving that interior to be honest. Moreso the suede-type inserts combined with other elements. What the hell is HSV going to do to improve upon this?
Turbo, DI, intercooled 6.2 with 650 kw/1000 Nm? 7 speed manual from the Stingray? One can only hope!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #576
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post

Imagine the HSV's !

I'm a Ford man but considering it too! Will wait for the new Falcon though. The last Commodore I owned was a VY SS. I actually hated the VE.
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #577
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Imagine the HSV's !

I'm a Ford man but considering it too! Will wait for the new Falcon though. The last Commodore I owned was a VY SS. I actually hated the VE.
I reckon the HSV will be over baked... the SSV in comparison to the current HSV line up is miles ahead, not overdone just tasteful.

And yes it looks like its a Redline addition with the option of 20 inch rims and brembo brakes.

They wont be cheap though, I reckon an SSV Redline will be atleast 60 kay, for the first 12 months anyway!
Old 15-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #578
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I reckon the HSV will be over baked... the SSV in comparison to the current HSV line up is miles ahead, not overdone just tasteful.

And yes it looks like its a Redline addition with the option of 20 inch rims and brembo brakes.

They wont be cheap though, I reckon an SSV Redline will be atleast 60 kay, for the first 12 months anyway!
If the HSV's have all the pointless junk the E2 and E3 had it will indeed be over baked.
Old 15-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #579
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems people don't mind a bit of crunch though......
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #580
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sure there are people better at this than me, but I reckon that the external images are holden provided retouched images, not a press shot
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #581
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Wait twelve months until they get the bugs out of it. Also you can bet the LS3 which will be in the US export version, will appear in the SS-V right about the time the 2014 Falcon launches.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #582
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wonder what the badge on the RHS of boot lid is?
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #583
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
Wonder what the badge on the RHS of boot lid is?

Redline? or something about its E85 capability.
Old 15-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #584
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

New SS SS-V and SS- V Redline

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...214-2efkt.html

Toned down wings like G6ET and F6 E and GT E or you can still have the wings on the base SS

No power changes.
Old 15-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #585
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

VE-VF... who remembers how good the VK looked compared to VH? Delicious was a VK Berlina 'avacado' interior. Who can remember spotting a VK Calais....
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #586
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the major error in design and looks in the VE were the front and rear wheel arches which looked like the were cut and pasted on it from two different cars. Sure the VN/P also have very different guards but in that case the body had lines the made them fit nicely. The VE was all wrong in this important flowing looks from the side. In the VF they've done some work to fix this with a more matching guards. It makes a big difference imho.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #587
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92 View Post
Interesting read here......
I quite like the look of the VF. Well done Holden !

Out of interest, what do people think that the new VF will do for Commodore
sales numbers.... lift, stabilise, or continue to decline? I tend to think they will still
drop and perhaps a taller asking price will fit more with a 'niche market' large sedan.
The coming VF sales numbers for the second half of 2013 will be a telling point I guess.
I dont think they are pushing volume so much with the VF. If they sell the same amount but they are $65,000 Calais V and SSVs, they will be happy.

Quote:
Mr Ferlazzo also explained the SS’ exterior boasted more “brightwork” than its predecessor, as Holden purposely moved the Commodore further upmarket toward a more sophisticated image.

“We can do that because the Commodore doesn’t have to be all things to all men any more,” he said. “If there is one upside of more competition – and there is a lot more competition – it is that it doesn’t have to go from a fleet car to a limousine and hit every mark. There are other entries that can do that.”
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #588
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
a new engine for HSV , and a larger spoiler , slightly different front bumper and suspension and there you have it .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #589
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

well trading over from a an FG GT , TO VF SSV , i think you'll be a little dissapointed . the GT is more premium to an SSV . however i'll look forward to your views .
Old 15-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #590
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
I dont think they are pushing volume so much with the VF. If they sell the same amount but they are $65,000 Calais V and SSVs, they will be happy.
They will want volume to increase a little. They are pushing Cruze to fleets and they will obviously be moving towards Commodore for private only buyers.
Old 15-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #591
gtfpv
GT

so wheres the base model commodore ?? overbaked marketing .one thing i like about fords marketing of new models , the premium versions come after the base . models
Old 15-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #592
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it's was designed here? Or is it like a Chinese copy of the Opel insignia? In all honesty I think this site should be call "car forums"..
Old 15-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #593
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
well trading over from a an FG GT , TO VF SSV , i think you'll be a little dissapointed . the GT is more premium to an SSV . however i'll look forward to your views .
The SSV will be slower no doubt but I don't need a huge amount of power, its my daily driven work car, so AFM might save me a few $$$.

Id be happy with an SV6 V Redline (minus the Brembo brakes) but they won't make me one!
Old 15-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #594
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
so wheres the base model commodore ?? overbaked marketing .one thing i like about fords marketing of new models , the premium versions come after the base . models
No they don't... The BA release was entirely around the Fairmont Ghia!!
Old 15-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #595
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If u want to save fuel and don't need the power why not get the ecoboost?
Old 15-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #596
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They will want volume to increase a little. They are pushing Cruze to fleets and they will obviously be moving towards Commodore for private only buyers.
Yeah I am sure they will be seeing an increase. There is plenty of room in a market of 1.1 million a year. Im thinking it will settle on 3000 a month for the last half of the year.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #597
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrghia View Post
If u want to save fuel and don't need the power why not get the ecoboost?
Why not buy a Ford Focus? Fuel is not big on my agenda but I would save a bit with an AFM.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #598
gtfpv
GT

my daily is an xr6 . what i'm saying is you'll be changing a premium performance fpv which should be compared to the next clubsport , so what your saying is . i'm down grading , my options are . XR6T/G6ET OR VF SSV/VF-CALIAS . so in thi instance i understand your update preference . the VF . but not DIRECT COMPARISON TO YOUR NOW DAILY DRIVE . HOWEVER WITH THE UPDATED CARS IT WILL BE ON PAR WITH YOURS . ( SORRY CAPS )
Old 15-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #599
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
a new engine for HSV , and a larger spoiler , slightly different front bumper and suspension and there you have it .
Heard the HSV's are gonna have the LS3 again this year until next year where it will get the direct injected chev motor and the GTS will be that motor but Supercharged.

The VF Holden's will get the LS3 in 2014 too.
Old 15-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #600
burnz
VFII SS UTE

holden SS or otherwise will "not" be getting the LS3..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post