Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
b2428

Default 2008 Auto service

Hi all I have a 2008 TDCi 6 speed auto. It is about 2 grand short of 60000kms and have heard this is the service interval for the auto. However i dont have a service book for it and therefore need confirmation. I have been to our local ford dealer and they have not done one yet (or hadnt when i asked) so couldnt confirm either way. Does anybody know? Also having issues of late with it not changing any higher then 3rd most mornings till it has well and truly warmed up. This is a new fault and wondering if its linked.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
commz
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2008 Auto service

Its not a powershift auto so the 60,000km service interval doesnt apply

In the service manual, it states that you only need to change the tranny oil if the car undergoes alot of stressful driving (towing);
My 2010 is at 120,000km now and I think it would be good to change it anyways.

Im unsure of what sort of oil it uses though :(
commz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
nevetsg

Until tonight I assumed we had the ZF 6HP26 in the MA's but it appears that we actually have a Aisin TF-60SN.
Just noting this down as I am Too tired for more research tonight.

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
Until tonight I assumed we had the ZF 6HP26 in the MA's but it appears that we actually have a Aisin TF-60SN.
Just noting this down as I am Too tired for more research tonight.
Yep, the MA's are fitted with an Aisin 6 speed auto.
My MA has about 77k on it and I enquired about a tranny service at my last service a few weeks back and was told the old line of servicing not required - just top ups if necessary.

I'm going to make a few more enquiries and get further opinions on this. There is no mention of regular service intervals for these transmissions in the service book.
Old 14-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
commz
Starter Motor

Great, thanks
My transmission seems to be a bit clunky at times, was wondering if the fluid change would help!
Old 14-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
b2428

mine is clunky 80% of time and started to hold third gear for what feels like atternity when first starting off either morning or not

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
GTMOND

I serviced mine at about 75000klms. Only got about 4.5 litres out but better than none at all. Going to order a new cooler hose and put in an inline filter for the transmission. I know they say sealed for life but what's life the end of the warranty then its your problem.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
commz
Starter Motor

What sort of oil do you use for this box?.. I might as well give it a change.

Is the oil change procedure easy? I think i remember reading it was something along the lines of drop the front left wheel, undo drain bolt, drain oil, bolt back on, fill?
Old 15-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
GTMOND

I think it was castrol transmax multivehicle, but you can look up the castrol site and put in your model and they will give you there recommendations. It wasn't that difficult but didn't get the full 7 or 8 litres out. I ended up getting it out of the torque converter by taking the transmission cooler hose off and winding it over till it pumped it out. Best to have someone standing there so you can stop as soon as it stops pumping fluid out. I didn't pull the front wheel off to drop the oil but I'm not sure whether i had the right drain bung as I only got 4.5 to 5 Litres out from memory. I had measuring container to catch it all so I could put in exactly what I took out.. I also dropped the pan off to but this is not the lowest point.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
nevetsg

Update for Previous post:
we have the Aisin TF-80 SC

(the TF-60 is its little brother)

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post