Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
b2428

Default Paint issues

I was just wondering if anybody has had any issues with paint bubbling on the MA series on Mondeo. I have a metallic silver MA hatch that the whole left hand side has started to bubble kind of like going off. I know its a far reach but also is the paint covered by warranty. I know for example the older model falcons carried a certain warranty on the paint that was longer then the usual warranty.

Any info greatly appreciated..

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Paint issues

No issues on my Blue Ambition XR5 but its been mainly garaged.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi,

No issues with an ambition blue finish here either (except for the dings from careless people in parking lots )

I think the warranty the OP is referring to is the panel penetration from rust, which, I believe, was for a five year period from delivery. So a 2008 car will be outside that now unless there is an extended warranty applying to the car, perhaps. And then it will depend on the terms of that extended warranty.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
b2428

Its no from rust more like if you imagine putting paint stripper on something and seeing the bubbling... By it has in now way had anything like that.. Hard to explain and been raining here for a few days so will have to wait for photos.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi again,

You don't say if you have owned the car since new?

If not then I wonder about a repair to the area you mention.

If so, then check with the weather bureau to see if there were any hailstorms in the region of the dealer just prior to your purchase date.

This could be repaired hail damage to a car that was "undercover, but with the left side exposed, and the paint failed to key properly with the result you are seeing.

Just a thought based on the paintwork on all Mondeos I have seen recently having been in pretty good condition.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post