Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
SPNAGE
IMPHAT V 3.0

Default 2014 Ford Falcon spy pics?

Hi. I know im not the only one that is eagerly waiting the realese of the new falcon later this year. With it less than a year away now im sure there are test mules driving around the proving grounds at the You Yangs and near by areas. Surely there has to be some spy pics/leaked images of this car soon you would think. Anyone got anything at all?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: 2014 Ford Falcon spy pics?

I thought about this the other day in regards to the "Last GT". If they were testing them surely someone would have spotted it by now. I came to the conclusion that because the unpinning of the vehicle are not going to change much from the current FG, its possible that the test mules are getting around with FG panels and the actual new body wont be on show for a few months yet. My theory anyway.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's safe to say that the FH update will be just like the BA to BF update, very minor cosmetic changes that the untrained eye would not even notice. Doors will be the same, boot will be the same, different lights at rear, different bumper and lights at front, front fenders slightly different to accomodate the new headlights.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unless they're going to start using a Carbon Fibre Chassis OR at least Aluminium Chassis thers not really much they can change apart from body styling which is really what makes most buyers buy....the looks!

Material world!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
It's safe to say that the FH update will be just like the BA to BF update, very minor cosmetic changes that the untrained eye would not even notice. Doors will be the same, boot will be the same, different lights at rear, different bumper and lights at front, front fenders slightly different to accomodate the new headlights.
Fortunately you are incorrect. A pillar forward and c pillar rearward is changing and you cannot mistake it for an FG. Not even close.

Mules have been around a few months too.

Cheers
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo View Post
Fortunately you are incorrect. A pillar forward and c pillar rearward is changing and you cannot mistake it for an FG. Not even close.

Cheers
You have pics/links to share with the rest of us? I've not seen or heard anything other than a AU - BA style like upgrade.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #7
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I don't think rear guards are changing as it's a single piece side pressing now but they might figure out new tailights with the new boot and rear bumper. The front won't be hard to change
Old 09-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
BA to BF was basically identical looks wise. I think you meant BA/BF to FG
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

BA-BF had different front bars. I wouldn't call them identical.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I'd say FG to FH will be very similar to AU to BA. Same doors and roof, different front and rear styling, different interior and some suspension tweaks. Engines will be identical too I'd say.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #11
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I'd say FG to FH will be very similar to AU to BA. Same doors and roof, different front and rear styling, different interior and some suspension tweaks. Engines will be identical too I'd say.
Not that AU-BA was anything short of fantastic though! (Reliability issues aside)
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #12
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
Not that AU-BA was anything short of fantastic though! (Reliability issues aside)
Disagree but anyway.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
SPNAGE
IMPHAT V 3.0

I just wanna see pics like 1000's of others out there and I'm just a little suprised that there hasn't been any spy pics or anything yet. Keep your phones/tablets/cameras nearby as I'm sure they are out there. Somewhere. They have to be. Right? Lol.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #14
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
AU-BA was a massive change. Wheelbase lengthened 50mm, complete new rear suspension, fuel tank moved forward of axle, roof modified, front and rear glass change, new drivetrains.

I think it will be more like VX to VY.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
6 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #15
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to go with XE-XF :P
Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCo View Post
BA-BF had different front bars. I wouldn't call them identical.
nitpicking. BF was hardly befitting of a new model series, it was more of a BAIII.
6 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #17
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to go with FG to FH and look forward to seeing the changes.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #18
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope Ford start leaking spy pics and getting some test mules out there, and soon. If they don't, they may as well not bother. By late 2014, they will have bled so much market share to Commodore, people will be asking 'what's a Falcon?'
Old 09-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #19
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers
I can't think exactly what a Ford official said, but it was along the lines of "don't expect much in the next (FH) Falcon" but this could have been tech wise, not styling?

Do you know something more than we do, do you know an insider?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #20
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

BA to BF may not have had many cosmetic differences, and was certainly not as big as the AU to BA change, but under the hood there were some big changes. ZF Tranny. Stability control instead of just Traction and ABS. The VCT cams went dual-independent instead of always being same-phase. That stuff took some effort and was world-leading for Ford - especially the DiVCT, which is now an integral part of the Ecoboost brand.

FG to FH (I'd still prefer FU - after all, we all thought that the AV Falcon would come after the AU right up until the BA announcement - in fact some of the BA parts hard part codes that started with the letters AV) may not have many changes at all under the hood, but the skin will be quite different. Au to BA cost a cool $500M. Consider FG to FH the cosmetic bit of AU to BA, since this is only a ~$100M spend.

Lukeyson
Old 09-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #21
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers
Sounds like a much larger update than we thought if that's true.

I'm surprised that anonymous photographer of caradvice.com.au hasn't snapped anything running around You Yangs yet. They were really on the ball back in 2007, posting pics of the FG prototypes running around on both in public and the proving ground.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #22
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what happens if it outsells everything ? :p
Old 09-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #23
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DRL's are on their must have list.
Bigger rear rim/tyre combo are on my must have list.
Holding my breath for Ford to catch up & hopefully surpass my expectations !!!
Old 09-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #24
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
So what happens if it outsells everything ? :p
Hell freezes over and the sun would orbit the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
DRL's are on their must have list.
Bigger rear rim/tyre combo are on my must have list.
Holding my breath for Ford to catch up & hopefully surpass my expectations !!!
From the teaser pic the DRLs look to be integrated into the headlight cluster, ala Mercedes which is the way it should be done.

I wouldn't expect much in terms of tech, it would be nice for them to have integrated the tech from the rest of the range but the effort required to change the wiring, ECU, etc I would imagine to cost a fair chunk.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #25
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
Sounds like a much larger update than we thought if that's true.
I'm talking about the appearance of the car here, not the underpinnings
Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #26
gtfpv
GT

got that new model anticipation excitement there for a minute , then it became sadness as it will be the last time falcon is released
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #27
JK47

Check out the new TOP GEAR mag there is a photo on the front cover,had a quick read in the newsagent,they recon 315 motor and 335,they said something about 375 in short bursts,did not understand that bit,going to buy the mag and have a good read,.
So far i'm keeping my typhoon.....JK.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #28
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47 View Post
Check out the new TOP GEAR mag there is a photo on the front cover,had a quick read in the newsagent,they recon 315 motor and 335,they said something about 375 in short bursts,did not understand that bit,going to buy the mag and have a good read,.
So far i'm keeping my typhoon.....JK.
Was that this one?
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...14&postcount=1
Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #29
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
got that new model anticipation excitement there for a minute , then it became sadness as it will be the last time falcon is released
Damn, I actually got a bit misty-eyed reading that.:(

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 AM   #30
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

I have seen a mule car full camo getting around Lilydale/ Montrose on Canterbury road on the 28/12/13. not sure if it was a ford though
Closed Thread