Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #31
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKaos
Anyone remember a bloke by the name of Geoghan? Big Pete couldn't drive to save himself, but he could build killer cars!
What a crock of ****. Pete is one of the greatest legends to grace Australia's race tracks.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #32
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Adelaide International - in particular, the dragstrip - was closed due to the constant noise complaints from all the morons who were dumb enough to build their houses next to a racetrack.
Originally Bob jane stopped national meets happening at AIR 6 years ago because he did not want to pay the insurance money that ANDRA were asking of him. Street meets continued up until a year ago, then track upgrades were suppose to happen but then the whole thing with selling it and the contractual agreements in court means that nothing can be done. All the Jane's should just pull their heads out their ***** i reckon.
Old 15-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #33
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Calder Park fell into disrepair because Bob Jane had a "political" falling out with Shell in the old ATCC days.
Later, when V8SC was formed Shell remained a major player so Calder was never considered as a venue for championship rounds.
The subsequent loss of income was the reason the place fell into such a poor state.
The reason the place remains in a poor state is down to his son Rodney, who now has control of all of the Bob Jane companies.

Adelaide International - in particular, the dragstrip - was closed due to the constant noise complaints from all the morons who were dumb enough to build their houses next to a racetrack.
Don't blame Bob Jane for it remaining closed. Blame the succession of State Governments who have agreed with them!
You really ought to get all your facts right before you post stuff like this.

People can be challenged legally for what is posted on internet forums. It has be tested in courts and the owner of the forum can be forced by the courts to hand over your contact details including ISP. If you don't believe me go over to v8central and read the warning from the owner over there.
Old 15-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #34
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Assuming you are correct (for the sake of argument), Bob Jane was certainly not the only one of that era to be guilty of it.

Anyone remember a bloke by the name of Geoghan? Big Pete couldn't drive to save himself, but he could build killer cars!

And what about "Gelignite" Jack Murray? He had to rely on gimmicks to get by.

The Beechey boys were great drivers & engineers but used to supplement their income with some "driving" of a different kind.
This is one of the largest CRAP component views I have ever read on this Forum....
Old 15-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #35
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T
Sounds like somebody got a set of "Rubbish tyres " from him as well, !!! pmsl
pfft, who hasnt?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 15-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #36
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
This is one of the largest CRAP component views I have ever read on this Forum....
If that's the biggest crap comment you've read on here you need to visit more threads. There are some real beauties here at times.
Old 15-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #37
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

LOL.I did say ONE of the largest.But yeah you are probably right,there are some horrific overstatements out there...
Old 15-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #38
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

All my posts are made in good faith. My uncle was a mechanic for most of those guys at one time or another, and was chief mechanic for the Beecheys in their heyday.

If I have been misinformed, or my recollections of the stories he has told me over the years are not as clear as they should be, so be it. I'm happy to be corrected.
Old 15-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #39
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slander/vandalism is not uncommon on wikipedia so much so that moderators often 'lock' certain articles. A while back someone wrote something pretty funny about Adolf Hilter. I can't remeber exactly what it was but it had something to do with his addiction to bizzarre sexual practices which relate to urine... ok i'll stop now.
Old 15-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #40
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

I know Bob and Tony Cochrane are now "mortal enemies" which reulsted in Bob pulling out the the "Bob Jane 1000". In Shotr, It all started around Tony and AVESCO being sued by the chinesse government over fraud issues with the China Round back in 05 (real reason why they haven't returned and the change to just VESA) Bob found out about it as it was kept pretty quiet, he spoke to Tony in private about it. Tony responded by attacking Bob publically and the result was a split of the two parties.

these attacks against bob are uncalled for. if these people have an issue with him take it up with him not a bloody web page.
Old 15-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #41
irsa76
Snoopping

reminds me of the website attacking Pedders.
Old 15-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #42
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stationwagon
reminds me of the website attacking Pedders.
Now that was a screaming classic!!! I still have a copy of it somewhere. Whether it was true or not, I don't think I would ever buy from Pedders!!!!
Old 15-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #43
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I know alot of SA locals have been unhappy with the lack of support Bob Jane has given Adelaide International Raceway, but that taking it to an extreme. Obviously a hacker job.
I will atest to the fact that a also know plenty of SA locals 'Not happy Jan with BJ's lack of Support for AIR"
:

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
Old 17-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #44
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGT05
I dont think i'd be that disapointed if i missed out on a root from one of my family members... not sure about you by the sounds of it :P :monkes:
: : yeah .....as if :
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
Old 17-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #45
1600GT

Quote:
the biggest load of absolute ******* bullshit i have ever read!!
mate, grow a brain so u can actually read up on the life and career of Ian "Pete" GEOGHEGAN, then we'll see if u still think the same.

for starters, he had more driving talent than Bob Jane and Norm Beechey put together. Allan Moffat evens rates him as one of the best this country ever had.
he had the ability to be able to drive a car fast when it wasnt a fast car, coz he simply drove around its faults.

secondily, 'pete' didnt build his cars. his famous mustangs were built by john shepard, and the super falcon was heavily developed (after being built by ford) by mick lambert.
if fact, john shepard has recently said in Australian Muscle Car magazine that pete, who stuttered quite badly, once said to him "u-u-u just w-w-w-worry about b-b-b-building the car, and i'll w-w-w-worry about d-d-d-driving it!"

i dont normally have a go at our users of here, but K.K., get the facts straight, and your story around the right way, BEFORE posting garbage like that.
:
This user likes this post:
Old 17-01-2007, 04:37 AM   #46
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I would say we are all done.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread