Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #421
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

My weight loss is cyclic. I start of heavy at the start of the month and get lighter as the money drains from my wallet lol.

Actually I turned my life around about 7 years ago. I got up to 127kgs in my uni days through being lazy and eating junk. I had always wanted to be a big muscley schwartznegger (spelling?) type so I finally joined a gym and have never looked back. I started eating better, I now have 4 meals a day, and training at the gym for at least 3 days a week. I got down to 105kgs and I now weigh 115kgs (Im 6'2") but I have bulked up a fair bit muscle wise so I estimate I have lost about 25kgs fat. I think I still have 10kgs or so to go and I have slackened off a bit recently and put a few more back on but Ill never go back to being that big fat guy that couldnt fit his gut under the steering wheel.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #422
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill
Radiactive iodine? WTF? I want some, im 6"4 and 70kg!

how does this **** work, does it slow your motabolism or what?
Mhgill - go and get a thyroid test done, it might be overactive, the 117bpm did not bother me in the slightest to be honest, so I wasnt even worried, it was the weight loss that trigged my doctors visit.

The radiactive iodine kills part of the thyroid off (hopefully the overactive part) it is just a method of getting it back to normal so that I can then be normal and control my weight by what I eat and exercise. So till my thyroid behaves i take tablets to slow it down, but still no weight gain, and I eat good food, junk food, more like a seefood diet at the moment, see food eat it, and i can eat alot of food

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #423
2002auxr6
Drunk!

update
down to 94 kilos now, lost 8 kilos in 2 months
Old 30-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #424
boss-290

For all those who are losing weight, I am just wanting to know what sort of other alternative beverages you have with meals, apart from water which I know is the best of all. Soft drink is evil!

Just wondering.
Old 30-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #425
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I mainly drink juice with the lowest amount of sugar in it as possible.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #426
boss-290

Yeah that sounds good, I need to cut the fizzy drink hardcore.
Old 30-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #427
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's only on a rare occasion that I will drink something fizzy ... I used to drink it all of the time though.
Old 30-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #428
boss-290

Everytime I have a drink, its usually fizzy. But thats stops as of now. :baby bott
Old 05-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #429
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Well I think I am starting to gain some weight back, finally, heading towards a solid maintinable 70kgs only taken about 2 years to put on around 5kgs, so I am hoping i can get to around 75-80kgs then i will be really happy.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #430
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

When i was 21 i was large much larger then i am now, don't like too talk much about my weight, But i lost 30kg in 16 months, And the things i changed were.
Gave up cola almost 4 lt's a day i drank, Went too diet coke 2lt's i can drink. Gave up some old fav's like i had tim tams once or twice a month. Used cooking spray and gave up oil. Gave up salt and pepper and butter. Made some sandwiches with no spread. Eat pasta once a week, Love dim sims so instead of frying them i steamed them. Steamed my potatoes and veggies now. And do a walk around the block which takes 25min once every now and then it all helped.
But i got a slow matabilisem. But i lost 1.8kg last weekend because i eat 3 meals a day for the first time in my life over friday too sunday. Talking some decant meals too. examples Breakfast had toasted sandwich with bacon chicken cheese mayo mustard avacardo lettuces .strawberry milk. Lunch Turkish lamb kebab .diet coke. Tea pene with carrots beans corn peas and side order of chips. diet coke. I felt so full at the end of the day but it seem too help. Got on the scales this morning and it's 2.3kg i feel great.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #431
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Sounds like your kicking your metabolism into a higher gear Slick Aussie.
Thats what some people do wrong when dieting, eat too little food so that their metabolism slows down. You need to eat a certain amount of calories a day to keep things motoring along. And spread them out over multiple meals so you dont over eat.
You sound like my mate (coke thing). He moved in with me about 4 months ago and some of my good habits are starting to rub off. He started drinking water and gave up coke for a while. Hes back on the red stuff again now though lol.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #432
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

It seems very hard too eat more meals. I'm used too having a sandwich or something till tea, But maybe your right i need too kick it into higher gears too burn but it's hard 3 full meals a day seems real hard:P. I don't think about food in the first 4 hours of getting up lol
Some years ago when we didn't have much money i was drinking water everyday, But to be honest other then being clean inside in the morning when i woke up;) i didn't drop any weight, And we had no car so all our travelling was by public transport, And that was a walk too get it. But must admit i never got sick once when i drank water.
I was on water this year after i had a tooth removed for about 2 weeks It's hard too give it up.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #433
boss-290

The key is, High Protein and Low carb. I drink a protein shake that has other vitamins which speeds up your metabolism. Lots of salad and red meat.

And of course exersise, if you want all of this to work. I'm starting to feel better, with more energy and clearer mind.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #434
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Is it strange too gain weight in summer and loose it in winter?.. Summer time we eat salads and bbq's, I only have steak and onions and walk because it's warm enough too. Winter we eat more warm foods like pasta bakes steak sandwiches Sheppard's pie lasagne. And don't walk much because of the weather?.

Must admit i do need a energy boost, When i was 26 i was like a 13 year old i ran down everything i would jump around and try too touch signs that were 10 foot off the ground.
Now @ 30 i'm flat and sore. Have had some pains in the kidney area at times from cold chills, And have had trouble sleeping. I now feel 50:(
I want too have more energy like you
Old 06-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #435
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I'd say the majority of weight kept in Summer is more fluid than anything. In winter the body burns more fat/calories to keep you warm.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #436
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Hey guys, good to see everyone trying to keep fit and healthy. I had gastro about 3 weeks ago, and made the choice to start eating right with the odd thing here and there. In the past 3 weeks i have lost around 5kg's, which is good, but i need to start heading to gym soon to tone up. I weigh 81kg as we speak, which is still a little too much for my liking. All i have been doing is drinking water around a 1.5L a day, i have breakfast, generally toast or an Up & Go (not the best but sometimes im rushed). I make my lunch everyday, putting cheese into Vita Weat, or vegemite. If not Vita weat, i will take a salad sandwich, or tuna sandwich. In between i pack 2 peices of fruit, one apple and a banana, sometimes i will swap the banana for a peach or plum just to mix it up. I also take 1 muesli bar, which helps fill me up in the afternoon, and keep me motoring till dinner. Dinner is always the one i dont cook (Thanks mum) but its generally steak or chicken with vegies, which isnt too bad. I find if im going to exercise, i do it at about 8-9pm. That way you use the rest of the energy you put into your body at dinner, which also gives me anyway, a better night sleep.
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #437
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

What do you guys think of my progress:

2 YEARS AGO

CURRENT

I was tiny before and even now I'm still pretty small but I'm working on it. :(
Sorry I couldnt find any old shirtless pics but there wasnt much to look at anyway. :p
Just started this gym routine thingy 6 months ago.

What do you guys reckon?
Btw, chicken legs but I'm working those now too.

Have a guess how much I weigh now? :hehe:
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #438
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

I've been going to the gym for the last 4 years. Initially it was to loose the spare tyre, but now that that has gone I am building muscle mass. Once I have a decent amount of muscle mass I would like to tone everything up (I have no intention of being an Arnold Schwartzeneger)

I have previously used Protien shakes as a recovery thing, but when the last container ran out I decided to get some Creatine instead.

To date (3 weeks) I have found this stuff to be amazing. I take it an hour before going to the gym and I feel deadset superhuman. I can lift heavier weights, and do more reps, and do more sets, and recover quicker. (I am talking going up 2 weights, and doing 12 reps instead of 8, and doing 4 sets instead of 3)

I wish I had tried it years ago. I have found the only side affect to be excessive urination after the workout.

I now look forward to going to the gym, just to see how far I can go.

Panda
Old 14-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #439
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Well from my personal experiences I have come to a few loose conclusions. Firslty I have been doing weights now for 5 months and my strength has doubled. As a heart patient in January I am not sure how good it really is at all. The good thing is not being abl to pick up 20 kgs of ferilizer a few months back sucked.Now I can do that in each arm no probs. I have not lost even 1 kg though. The copious amount of walking I have done has not lost me any weight either,however my aerobic fitness is better. It seems that dieting had not really yielded the weight loss either.I do believe that in order to lose weight that I must go hungry.While they say it is healthy to lose weight I highly doubt that the act of eating very little will be beneficial to your energy or general wel being. To be strong you must eat..to lose weight you must deplete your body of energy. Perhaps marathon efforts of runnning can do this? But dieting is not healthy as it may seem.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #440
ELmoim

I'm 20kg overweight and only just turned 20. i put on the weight over 6 months whilst i gave up hardcore gaming on my computer. I went to the gym for a while but because i didn't see results quick enough i lost my motivation. i'm 98.2kg most of the time but i've started riding my bike a little the last week and not eating fast food for every meal and i've lost 1kg, its a start but i wish i had someone to beat. i'm really competitive and would lose it all in a month if it was to beat someone.
ELmoim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #441
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Well I kNow this thread is sorta dead but id just like to say that i read this a few months ago and slowly took a Vow to shed some kilos ...

I Was 123.9 Kilos about 3 Months Ago , Im Now 89.3 Kilos ,

those who know me , and have seen me , know im a Big Boy , and i want to get to the 83 Kilo Mark , So Even though todays Turkey/gravy/Jelly Rolls Didnt Help, Ill get there eventually

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #442
loxxr6
XB in parts...

That's not bad at all.

I was 95kg's in September and have gotten down to 86kg's or so.

I aim to do 30-40mins a day of cardio (treadmill incline or running) plus weights. I also started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3 weeks ago for some extra calorie burning (this really works you over).

I'm aiming to get to 80kg's or less but these last few kilo's will be hard. I enjoy crap food too much.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #443
HLC
Audi S3

i really need to get off my ar5e and do some excercise, but working at maccas makes life so difficult. i cant resist the tempation. i currently weigh around 86 kilos. so lets see what happens in a few months. i wanna get down to 70's
Old 30-12-2006, 02:00 AM   #444
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

At 85.3 Kgs ATM , 18.5 Body Fat , Wanting to Musclercise up now !

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #445
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Hi, it's been a while since i've posted but today i hit 16% body fat and i'm weighing in at 84kg's.... so from when i started (last year some time) i've lost almost 22kg's and feeling great. Too bad im still single, but working on that bit too.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #446
Tiga_EL
Banned

Dunno if its right to ask here, but it seems alot of you know about fitness and have first hand experience with it..
At the age of 17 i got told couple days back my BP was high. I think this was due to excess consumption of Redbull, and such drinks, + me being overweight..But at such a young age even i freaked out, whilst i dont normally care to much about my health. Apprently its called systolic hypertension.My occupation doesnt help either as i have to sit down in front of a comp for 8 hours straight in a day..
Anything you guys would recommend as to reduce the BP and sched a few kilo's. Ive started consuming heaps of fruit and veg, and doing early morning jogging.. Is there anything else i should be doing? any help appreciated.
Cheers
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #447
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Get rid of salt from your diet - it's hard but i've done it, takes longer to shop for food, but you'll be amazed how much salt is in some foods. I've avoided medication by doing this and the doc is pleased with my results, my condition is genetic and dad has high BP, although is one of the fittest people i know.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #448
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
When i was 21 i was large much larger then i am now, don't like too talk much about my weight, But i lost 30kg in 16 months, And the things i changed were.
Gave up cola almost 4 lt's a day i drank, Went too diet coke 2lt's i can drink. Gave up some old fav's like i had tim tams once or twice a month. Used cooking spray and gave up oil. Gave up salt and pepper and butter. Made some sandwiches with no spread. Eat pasta once a week, Love dim sims so instead of frying them i steamed them. Steamed my potatoes and veggies now. And do a walk around the block which takes 25min once every now and then it all helped.
But i got a slow matabilisem. But i lost 1.8kg last weekend because i eat 3 meals a day for the first time in my life over friday too sunday. Talking some decant meals too. examples Breakfast had toasted sandwich with bacon chicken cheese mayo mustard avacardo lettuces .strawberry milk. Lunch Turkish lamb kebab .diet coke. Tea pene with carrots beans corn peas and side order of chips. diet coke. I felt so full at the end of the day but it seem too help. Got on the scales this morning and it's 2.3kg i feel great.
Hmm, I wanna lose weight still... A couple of years ago, I met this chick and wanted to impress her yadadada, I lived in mount gambier at the time and she lived in adelaide so the perfect change I thought to lose some weight cause she would notice the difference... yeah she did! and all my family and friends did too, I lose something like 12-14kg in 1 month.... barley eating, and going for a walk, over 1hr a night... I was 17 at the time, and I forgot how much, but since then, I have averaged around 83ishkg which is shocking for my height... I'm only 168ish cm... The doctor reckons that is alright for my height... I would love to get down to 75ish kg I reckon... but do it the right way, with a combo of died and excersuise(sp)... I've noticed if I have a can of coke at work I sweat like a pig after! :o

newyas thats me story for ya's... looks like I late for the challenge tho :(
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #449
Amber
Funbus Pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Well I kNow this thread is sorta dead but id just like to say that i read this a few months ago and slowly took a Vow to shed some kilos ...

I Was 123.9 Kilos about 3 Months Ago , Im Now 89.3 Kilos ,

those who know me , and have seen me , know im a Big Boy , and i want to get to the 83 Kilo Mark , So Even though todays Turkey/gravy/Jelly Rolls Didnt Help, Ill get there eventually

Cheers
Daniel
WOW!

Congrats mate. That is an absolutely MAMMOTH effort. Wel done to you!!!

How did you do it? I've been busting my balls for close to 12 months and have only managed to drop 26kg. Maybe being female plays a part, I dunno, but geez, I wish I had results like that, especially seeing as I still have 20kg to go!!

Any advice?
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #450
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi, guys i only just noticed this thread. Well i managed to loose 69 kg's in 12 months by doing weight watchers. I went from 158 to 89. I think i went a little over to top on it at 89 (i'm 6'3") and am now at 92 and have been maintaing this for about 4 months now. So i would encourage any one that's looking to loose weight to give weight watchers a go. It's fairly expensive is the only downside but it certainly worked for me. :Reverend:
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post