Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
Dodge
i like to be stroked

Default underbody methods

tell me ur underbody restoration tips, I have spent 2 days under my new mustang wire brushing of the rubber gooie stuff they sprayed everywhere , and a tonn of greasy sludge around the front end, anyway i have got most of it off and i will be spraying it with some sound detner or something, my memerory recalls that sound detner doesnt go hard it stays soft???? help me out here boys in covered in black stuff and my eyes hurt and my nostrals are blocked. my fingers look like licorich sticks, im not even alloud in the house . my clothes are in the trash. i had to wash myself 3 times with dish washing liquid under the hose outside . never doing that again
anyway i will have a spotless underbody and all new arms , shocks, springs and all the rest is gettn powder coated next week. I have all new bolts and bushes.
Old 16-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Looks like your car talked dirty to you Dodge.lol.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i lost count of amout of times i said "f%#k it " today
Old 16-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
GTP540
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Looks like your car talked dirty to you Dodge.lol.
Not to mention the Dodgie work being done to it
GTP540 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #5
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Damn dodge ! That chick with the bouncing titties in your avatar keeps distracting me from reading your posts !
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 12:59 AM   #6
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Well first up, you should have been using a cheap 240V drill and a large drill mounted wire brush.... 100x easier!

Unless your willing to make up a rotisserie then there's no easy or clean method. I would suggest a disposable dust suit, full face mask and wearing latex gloves, also makes for some entertainment when you walk out of the garage and the neighbours see you in that state... run at them screaming "Get back in your house NOW!!!!"... always fun!

Last edited by xdc351; 17-01-2005 at 01:00 AM.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #7
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Who sprayed rubber gooey stuff on your car and why?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't ever see myself bothering to detail the underside of the car. Seems to me like the absolute most pointless waste of time imaginable.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I don't ever see myself bothering to detail the underside of the car. Seems to me like the absolute most pointless waste of time imaginable.
Ever had a classic car?

Dodge, I've done a bit of it, like Greg said. Electric drill, and wirebrush drill bit. Much easier than with the hands! Although I didn't think about getting a dust suit, and I know how you feel about the blocked nostrils, and stinging eyes!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post