Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford car yard and keys left unattended.

So my wife and I have been test driving SUV's for the past few weeks and every time we asked to test drive a vehicle its the same required process of handing over your drivers licence and sign on the dotted line.
The dealer then leaves for a moment to go to the safe for the required keys.

One particular dealer took forever to get the keys from the safe and apologised for the delay and stated the keys are well secured in a well secured safe.

After the test drive which took less than the time it took for him to get the keys we walked to the dealer next door and found this!.........

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
FacultY

Default Re: Ford car yard and keys left unattended.

Now there giving them away.
Old 15-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Nice to know that some dealer's take the care to hide the key's away from prying eyes, unlike my local dealer with my own key's once,
My wife and I went to test drive a vehicle and get an assessment on our's for trade, no problems with that. The dealer took the keys and ran my vehicle around the back to have a look over while we looked at the vehicle we just test drove, after 30 min's I went to find the salesman, with no luck.
Almost an hr latter I decided to ask another salesman as one was finally free, only to find the salesman that we were speaking to had jumped on another couple and was talking to them in his office, I thought this was damn rude and went in to his office and asked for my key's, he then proceeded to tell me that my key's were with my vehicle in the ignition parked out the front!!!!!!!!!!!.

To that I respectfully said some unseen word's to him and my wife and I left and have since not stepped foot in the place again.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
dleach80
GSnBoooooost

Haha that's nuford they have always had that key board even when I worked there, few years ago they had some keys stolen luckily no cars were taken but still to this day they still use the key board
dleach80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Cars are insured, a sale these days may take longer....

And if test driving at many dealers, best you take a photo copy of your own license and ask for the paperwork back when your done. Your details are a must keep these days. Not that dodgy scammers would onsell your details or hassle you at a later date but it's almost all on that card.

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wonder if they'd noticed if I went down there and upgraded taking my explorer in swap plates to a diesel terri and hung my keys up ?

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably wondering where the scratch on the front bumper came from.
Old 15-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Up until recently, first thing they did in the morning was go around unlock the cars and put the keys in the ignition. Really depends on the location and access.
I have noticed a lot more dealers using the lockboxes, usually secured to the window.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
Ringo
I see you....

Only takes one car to be pinched for the whole key security process to be overhauled....at least that is what happened and the non ford dealership I worked at.

Someone pinched a car from the holding yard that just happened to have keys in it. Retreived a few days later with an empty fuel tank.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
nstg8a

Pet hate for me... Dealers filling up customer parking spots with stock.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
martyal44
2010 G6E

Just read in 'Wheels' the tester of the Fiesta ST got the 'mykey' key from the dealer so was speed limited from the get go.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
Cars are insured, a sale these days may take longer....

And if test driving at many dealers, best you take a photo copy of your own license and ask for the paperwork back when your done. Your details are a must keep these days. Not that dodgy scammers would onsell your details or hassle you at a later date but it's almost all on that card.
Any dealer with even half a brain is NOT going to give you those details back . It is their ONLY proof you were driving that car at the time and date stated so if any speeding or red light fines arrive they will quite rightly be forward the onto you . If a dealer cannot identify who was driving a car at the time of the offence they pay a whacking great fine that escalates rapidly to $60,000.00 .