Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #31
Marshy79

I know this is an older thread but I have to say nice work!

Looks very very good and its good how you have changed most of the original lights.

Nice to see the difference between the Zetec and the Xr5's dash. At first I was wondering why you changed the lighting.... but I can see from the original shots it does indeed look like a commodore dash.

Nice Work buddy.

Pitty about the lack of easy to replce bulbs.
Does that mean under normal circumstances when a light (led) dies we will need to replce an entire unit! (circuit board!)

-Marshy
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #32
BlackLS

Just an update, I've changed the info lcd screen to the blue as well...

I've just been concentrating on other parts of the car, but up next should be the HVAC controls and finally the stereo(this will be tricky)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #33
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Just an update, I've changed the info lcd screen to the blue as well...

I've just been concentrating on other parts of the car, but up next should be the HVAC controls and finally the stereo(this will be tricky)
Pics??
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #34
BlackLS

Give me until the weekend (just finished a week on leave, will be heckic at work tomorrow and Friday)
Old 31-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #35
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Thats cool.

Will be interesting to see how the HVAC controls turn out!
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 06-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

So any progress pics yet?

I have recently put in an LED interior light and about to put in LED footwell lights, as well as changing the rear numberplate lights to LED also. Thinking of changing the centre mount brake light and the side indicators to LED too, but don't want it to look rice, am just going to experiment.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #37
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Well done BlackLS, that looks a MILLION bucks!

In the future I'd love to do this but soon I'm hoping to relocate, or better still add an extra 3.5mm auxilary socket to one of the blank panels near the demister switch. Black LS is this something you have the tools etc to do?

Also it would be cool to get some cabin lights for what looks like cutouts in the centre pillars. Do the euro specs have lights fittted there?
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #38
BlackLS

Yeah have a look at what the Ghia and the XR5 have in them ;) Also It is posible but I wouldn't put a 3.5mm jack on the dash, it would look uglay! Perhaps route one into the centre console lid. Your call.

I had a post in reply to zetec, dunno where it went.

Summary, progress so far:

LCD screen in the cluster is blue now, looks ok, but I'd like to make it less bright! Will probably put a dot of white out on the tip of the LED in there to diffuse the light a bit more, and if that doesn't work then a blue condom over them.

I bought some radio keys so I can do the HVAC controls, probably look at this tonight.

I also did some blue led footwell lights if you were in Sydney Id be more than happy to show you.

I did the front parker blue as well, but with the low beams on you have the white outer reflector, but the blue high beam on as well. This is a bit of a worry for me because the last thing i want is to be defected for blue lights. If the parker was integrated in the low beam reflector it would unnoticable with the headlights on.

For the rear parkers and tails, LED lights will show no different to incadecant bulbs, because its behind a coloured jewelled lens. if anything it will be more dull than stock bulbs.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey blackLS what are you doing say 630-7 this arvo. if possible would you like to meet me in the Parking lot at campbelltown station behind ford, so you can show me the car i normally leave work at 4 and get to the station at about 6-630.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #40
BlackLS

Sorry dude I missed your message!

Heres another pic of how it is at the moment.

I normally get to Campbelltown at 7:30 (finish at North Sydney at 6) but I'm probably in the Shire tomorrow night and Thursday night. Is Friday ok, go to rice central at 9pm or so (Krispy Kreme Liverpool?)
Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #41
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Looking good!

...and I still have plans for you to do mine in the future

Thinking a (emerald) green atm...yes, I know not too different from the standard green, but I've got some interesting things planned for the future...(will have to post pics of my latest mods somewhere...nothing major though)

Old 11-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #42
BlackLS

The emerald green would be really sweet. Its a lot darker than the green than you currently have...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #43
BlackLS

The footwell lighting is a lot brigher than shown here.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #44
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That looks HOT HOT HOT.

Awesome car you have there
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #45
BlackLS

Found a slightly better pics of the overall interior "feel"

Old 11-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #46
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When are you getting the blue undercar neons??

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #47
BlackLS

Hehehe when I feel like getting defected...
Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #48
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Sorry dude I missed your message!

Heres another pic of how it is at the moment.

I normally get to Campbelltown at 7:30 (finish at North Sydney at 6) but I'm probably in the Shire tomorrow night and Thursday night. Is Friday ok, go to rice central at 9pm or so (Krispy Kreme Liverpool?)
Shire?? ware abouts?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #49
BlackLS

Sutherland Shire ;) about 30 secs from Sutherland Station.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #50
photn
AFF Post NAZI

pkay lol. i have no idea ware sutherland shire is. but n e way. maybee another time

Old 11-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #51
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
pkay lol. i have no idea ware sutherland shire is. but n e way. maybee another time
Hehe don't say that too loudly, the people that live there will disgusted!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutherland_Shire
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #52
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

OMG how can you not know where " The Shire" is. I used to work at Kirrawee and was its awesome suburb.

Anyways all looking good Chris from the inside and outside. Pretty sure you could go into business doing this stuff for others. I know sean is keen.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #53
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Sutherland Shire ;) about 30 secs from Sutherland Station.
Someone mention Sutherland??? I'm about 5 mins from Sutherland Station...;) Might have to catch up some time to check out your latest mods...

Old 11-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #54
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Someone mention Sutherland??? I'm about 5 mins from Sutherland Station...;)
I used to get off at sutherland station for 3 months in jan-april when i lost my licence. I was the one wearing the Pauls Warehouse Shirt. Anyone see me? I would be up for a meet to see the new mods.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #55
BlackLS

Id prefer Friday night at Krispy Kreme, if you did want to meet on Thursday night It'd only be for a few mins (will be with the GF)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #56
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I used to get off at sutherland station for 3 months in jan-april when i lost my licence. I was the one wearing the Pauls Warehouse Shirt. Anyone see me? I would be up for a meet to see the new mods.
Sorry, I catch trains rarely so didn't see the P/W Shirt...I don't share myself with anything other than my Focus

A meet up sounds good...time, place??

Edit: You beat me to it BlackLS - I'm happy to venture over your way if more people want to meet up...

Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #57
BlackLS

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=69076
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #58
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Done.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #59
photn
AFF Post NAZI

sutherland shire = "The Shire" pfffftt thats not a shire. Wait till you see Wollondilly Shire. Now thats a REAL shire.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #60
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
sutherland shire = "The Shire" pfffftt thats not a shire. Wait till you see Wollondilly Shire. Now thats a REAL shire.
Sometimes size doesn't matter _2: