Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Default The Inevitable Happened to my Boss (Blue Power to the Rescue)

What a weekend. So bloody ironic I made the thread recently in the workshop section about Boss Engines for the long run.

Well my car has been towed on a flatbed back home. Very gutted as I look after the thing to within an inch of its life, change oils every 5k with fully synthetic using the best oil filter. I really wanted to keep this engine factory original and its showroom clean, not a leak, not a mark, no rounded bolts no chips of the paint in the engine bay, rocker cover and all plastics blackened.

Going a nice Saturday drive, there is an all mighty noise from the engine after driving off a set of lights (very moderate to gentle takeoff as there was plenty of traffic. Ironic, I pulled up right along side New Oak Ford. Did not want to risk driving it so i got it towed from there to home. I will get a 2nd tow to Blue Power tomorrow.

From my assessment, its either a broken timing chain guide and/or tensioner or if lucky collapsed HLA which means only the rocker cover will come off.
I am optimistic the heads do not have to come off and the engine is fine.

Tomorrow it will be in the hands of the best people in the business for Boss engines and a proper diagnosis will be done.

Cheers,
Gary.