Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 28-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Default I need some ORSM help

As you are all aware i had an accident a week ago and it has been a nightmare ever since.

The guy in the other car that is a fault was an elderly man and was taken away to hospital just after the accident. I did not have a cahnce to get his details, after a few days i got his details and just yesterday i finally spoke to him. I didn't do anything insurance wise on my end till i found out if he had insurance.

Now i have 2 options on getting my car fixed.

OPTION 1: Get the old guy to make a claim with his insurance ( he has extended 3rd party with RACV). The plus with this is that i can probably claim all the modded parts that have been damaged, eg. BA front bar, monza cooler and my front RH rim which has some marking from my front bumper.
This however could be a very slow process and if i leave it in his hands could talk longer than i want.

OPTION 2: Me make the claim with my insurance company, I have talked to my choosen repairer who is an RACV approved repairer. This will be alot faster and i can get them started on my car next week.
The down side is, I have to arrange to change my rims back to factory 17's (I didn't keep my stockies), I won't be able to claim the front rim, no real big deal they need re-coating anyway. Reaplcing the front bar is no problem.

So this is were i stand. I really want the car fixed ASAP.

I had a similar problem last year were a cab reversed into my car. I made the claim and didn't lose my Rating1 and would expect i wouldn't lose it again if i make the claim.

Any help would be appreciated.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I would make the claim yourself on your own policy. Your car will be fixed quicker and then RACV do all the running around, as they are paid to do. If this is not your fault you have no issues.

If you need the details of the other party just go to a police station with his rego etc and state you had an accident. You don't have to report it unless there were injuries but you can sign a stat dec that allows us to release details for other party, if known, to you.
Old 28-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I would make the claim yourself on your own policy. Your car will be fixed quicker and then RACV do all the running around, as they are paid to do. If this is not your fault you have no issues.

If you need the details of the other party just go to a police station with his rego etc and state you had an accident. You don't have to report it unless there were injuries but you can sign a stat dec that allows us to release details for other party, if known, to you.

Yeah i'm leaning towards doing it myself.

I've got all his details, my neighbour is a cop and he just told me to go to my local station, they gave me all his details.

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 28-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
ORSM6T
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Unhappy

l hope that your car gets fixed fast mate ,good luck with that. :(
ORSM6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
MR_LON
ORSMT5

i find it strange that your insurance company wont allow you to claim the whole lot as you had it considering they will just pass the claim onto his insurance, dosen't smell right to me.

hope you get things sorted asap mate
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
GTPOWR
Falcon GT Club Geelong

When i had an accident i went with my ins and then they chased the other person for the money thats why you pay full comp. Dont wait any longer, get your car fixed.

Cheers

BIG JOHN
GTPOWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPOWR
When i had an accident i went with my ins and then they chased the other person for the money thats why you pay full comp. Dont wait any longer, get your car fixed.

Cheers

BIG JOHN
Spot on John, get your insurance company to do the work for you Joel, hell that's why you pay them. If they get funny then ask them for a cheaper deal if your doing all the running around.....

Cheers CC
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Thanks boys,

The main problem i have is that the mods I've done are not on my policy. The way RACV work now is that my choice of repairer just take photos and send them RACV. All i needed was to change my rims over and I'm sweet.

Changed them last night with an ORSM member, who was quite happy to have them for the Numurkah show.

Claim will be logged today.

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 30-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HEy Joel,
i hope you dont have any troubles claiming if going through your insurance company seeing as though all your mods were not listed withthe insurance company. A freind of mine had problems with his insurance as he had mods (that i cant remember but they werent what caused the accident) that they didnt have on the policy and they were refusing intially to cover him for the damage to the car because of this. This was a year or so ago and i know he did eventually sort it out.
good luck and hope to see the car back on the road soon!!!
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Joel, I'm not sure how the RACV work but just car insure me for whatever mods I have, as long as they're legal.. I'm a bit iffy about my manifold legalities but by the sounds, yours is all legal and professionally installed. Can you ask RACV if you can repair with your parts of choice and pay the difference Vs OEM? I've heard of this being done many-a-time with body kits, but from memory not with mechanical. Worth a try?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
HEy Joel,
i hope you dont have any troubles claiming if going through your insurance company seeing as though all your mods were not listed withthe insurance company. A freind of mine had problems with his insurance as he had mods (that i cant remember but they werent what caused the accident) that they didnt have on the policy and they were refusing intially to cover him for the damage to the car because of this. This was a year or so ago and i know he did eventually sort it out.
good luck and hope to see the car back on the road soon!!!
Thanks mate, the way RACV work now is that once you've made the claim, they give you the name of an approved reairer, which for me is good because the are close and best around ( Stup Park Panels).

Once the car is there all the panel beaters do is take a few photos and send them to RACV, RACV make sure that is the car we've made the claim for and then work can begin.

All I've had to do was change my rims over,which I did will a fellow ORSM member (sshhh).

So all is sweet, car will be repaired with no hassles.

GORDZ- I will be getting the BA GT bar again from AWC, which the reapirer said will be fine. As long as it's less than the Factory XR bar I won't pay a thing.

The only other mod that was damaged is the cooler, upgrading this will be a bit harder, so I'm just going to get the Factory one then order a Process West one : : , then sell the Factory one.

Cars going in monday.

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 30-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

ok well seems you've got it all sorted. hopefully the whole deal is smooth from here. AWC bar should deffinately be cheaper than OEM! how did ur old one fit btw?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #13
BigDaddy
Tampered Motorsport

I got a the Typhoon bar from AWC and it was cheaper than the standard BA XT front bar and grill.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post