Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 30-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Default Regaining the acoustic inlet sound on a supercharged motor

Hi everyone,
Its been some years since I last posted on this website, particularly Blue Power Racing's site. I talk to Chris from time to time and regard him as a very special friend and I know the relationship is mutual.
The reason for this post is that I still have the 2004 GT-P in metallic manderin with the fully upgraded motor and Chris's supercharged Kenne Bell kit fitted with intercooler putting out 400KW at the rear wheels. It has all the suspension mods with the full Tein kit and electronics, KPM 1000hp halfshafts,Truetrac diff fitted by Harrop, Whiteline stabilizer bars front and rear, suspension bushes, Herrod exhaust system, Chris's CAI, three gauges, Chris's upgraded fuel pump system, etc, etc, and the car has only done 5300km and never been raced or dragged. The car is auto and is for sale.
The reason for the sale is I have bought a new supercharged Jaguar XKR coupe, special edition by Ian Callum. Only 77 produced and only 10 came to Australia.
Now the main reason for the post.
As we know, the FPV V8 GT has a glorious acoustic inlet sound under load which we lose when we supercharge the car. Well the Jaguar still has a glorious inlet sound on its 5 litre, all aluminium, direct injected, dual variable cam timing, dual overhead camshaft V8 supercharged motor. It puts out 375KW. The reason is as follows: "In addition to the fully active exhaust in which valves open to provide a more rewarding note, the new XKR has been engineered to provide an intake feedback system to enhance the V8 sound character commonly absent on supercharged engines. Intake manifold pressure pulsations are fed into an acoustic filter at the rear of the engine that is tuned to provide an edgy sports car 'crescendo' at high revs. The filter is controlled by the engine management system, which only allows the sound to enter the cabin under the appropriate driving conditions.
The new intake feedback system combined with the fully active exhaust system provides the most exhilarating aural experience yet delivered on a Jaguar".
After first driving the car I can only say that the sound under load is the most glorious V8 sound the I have heard yet!! Pity that we can't reproduce this technology on our supercharged GT's and GT-P's.
Cheers, Ian.

Aussie MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default Re: Regaining the acoustic inlet sound on a supercharged motor

How much do you want for the GTP?

I know a guy that may be interested in this car.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Hey stranger , i havn't seen this around labrador since the day on the dyno when Chris flew up...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
How much do you want for the GTP?

I know a guy that may be interested in this car.
Hi Tex,
The GTP owes me about $110,000 (excluding labour) and I was hoping that I might get a figure approaching $50,000. Chris is on the lookout for me too as he knows the car intimately when he came up to the Gold Coast and tuned it for me. It is like brand new and NEVER been out in the rain.
Thanks for the interest and help.
Kind regards,
Ian.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Hey stranger , i havn't seen this around labrador since the day on the dyno when Chris flew up...
Probably because it hasn't been out much, lol.
Ian.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
05_ENFORCER

You should stick this in the for sale section matey if it is genuinely for sale.

Last edited by 05_ENFORCER; 02-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
Hi Tex,
The GTP owes me about $110,000 (excluding labour) and I was hoping that I might get a figure approaching $50,000. Chris is on the lookout for me too as he knows the car intimately when he came up to the Gold Coast and tuned it for me. It is like brand new and NEVER been out in the rain.
Thanks for the interest and help.
Kind regards,
Ian.

G day Ian,

I will let the guy I know the details of your car.

With 5k only on the odometer, it is a very well priced unit. The only issue (for the guy I know looking for such a car) is the fact it's not 6 speed manual. He has mentioned that is a prerequisite....

cheers

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
Aussie MustangGT
Mustang GT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
G day Ian,

With 5k only on the odometer, it is a very well priced unit. The only issue (for the guy I know looking for such a car) is the fact it's not 6 speed manual. He has mentioned that is a prerequisite....

cheers
Hi Tex,
There is a lot to be said for having the 4 speed auto over the 6 speed manual when you have as much power as my car. Ask Chris. But if a manual is required then Mal Wood Automotive can fit a new, top of the range manual 6 speed of the type fitted to the hotty Corvette with close ratio gears, performance clutch and different ratio differential gears, etc, for about $10,000. Still good buying for $60,000 all up, for what is a new car with the best of everything fitted. I never really wanted to part with it but the Jaguar XKR changed all that.
Cheers, Ian.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

It breaks my heart reading this.....

But the lure of the XKR would be very strong indeed.

Some lucky person will end up with one of if not the finest B series example at the fraction of the build price.

Hopefully it goes to a good home, its waaay too cheap.........

Best of luck my friend

Chris
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
G day Ian,

cheers

Hi Tex,

The day Chris came up to Qld and tuned Ian's Kenne Bell equipped GTP, he also did my BF F6 and found another 50 kw just by his tuning ... but that's another story.

That night Ian took me for a test drive in his newly Blue Power tuned beast and what an amazing machine it is. I've driven some exotic imports (Ferraris, Audi S5's etc.), but Ian's GTP blows them all away. And the standout is, that being a qualified engineer, Ian was painstaking in his efforts and spared no expense, in ensuring that only the best performance products were used in his quest for improvements. I remember him taking two days adjusting the Herrod twin exhausts to make sure the four outlets were absolutely symmetrical and fitting the valance cut-outs to the millimetre equally both sides. That's the type of perfection that applies to every part of this GTP.

Your guy will do himself a great disservice Tex, if he doesn't take the time to check this car out.

Cheers,
Peter.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
syco6

Hi Ian,

I read in one of your posts that you may be selling your beloved GT-P.

If you are, I would like to come and have a look at it. I am a serious buyer and in the market for something like that. You can be assured it would be going to a great home.

I am located in Brisbane. Please give me a call at your convenience on 0402 001 111.

Regards,
Luke Gaskin
syco6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
B&D Racing
Banned

Is the GT-P still available Ian?
B&D Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
syco6

No it is not bj777. I picked it up off him at the end of Feb this year. Absolutely loving it!

Luke
syco6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
B&D Racing
Banned

Nice
B&D Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post