Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #211
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I just don't think Ford are too keen in spending too much on making a hypo Fiesta...
You do realize that "hypo" is the opposite of "hyper", right?
Old 13-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #212
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
You do realize that "hypo" is the opposite of "hyper", right?
please excuse me as i write with one hand... other hand with an ice pack on my cheek.

Pretty drugged up too! :

I do believe you got what I mean, right? Oh, maybe you should start pointing out all the spelling mistakes made by other members too?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 13-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #213
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:
Old 13-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #214
Danny
GT4.

SHeesh Teki! You Idiot!
Old 16-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #215
Lplus

The Fiesta might be a different market from the Focus for the normal cars but the Focus ST buyers still seem to be rich kids. I've actually seen more Fiesta STs with young families in than I have Focus STs.

It just wouldn't look good to be campaigning the Focus in WRC at the very top with the Fiesta in Group N whilst the top road Fiesta can outrun the top road Focus.. Maybe when the Focus RS has been out for a while, though by then the new Fiesta will be on the horizon.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #216
photn
AFF Post NAZI

different market for a different place. the UK is very different to AUS. there are about 50 times more Focus owners compared to Fiesta owners in AUS.

If Ford Release the Focus RS and it has 300Bhp AWd that would be way cool. if they released a ford Fiesta AWD 230Bhp that would be awesum as well.

But each one of those appeal to a different market.

Old 16-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #217
Steffo
LPG > You

Yeah, Australia is a very different market. You'll never see a family in something Fiesta sized, if you do, its very uncommon. The Focus is considered a small car here, let alone the Fiesta.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 16-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #218
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplus
It just wouldn't look good to be campaigning the Focus in WRC at the very top with the Fiesta in Group N whilst the top road Fiesta can outrun the top road Focus.. Maybe when the Focus RS has been out for a while, though by then the new Fiesta will be on the horizon.
Only thing is the Fiesta RS would still be slower than the Focus ST. 150kw vs 166kw both FWD and not to mention the extra torque with the turbo on the Focus.
Old 16-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #219
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Only thing is the Fiesta RS would still be slower than the Focus ST. 150kw vs 166kw both FWD and not to mention the extra torque with the turbo on the Focus.
How did you come up with that conclusion?

It's all about the weight too. In a rolling start, maybe... but not off the mark.

Just like the current Clio 197 is getting better times then the Focus ST in a straight line...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 16-03-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 16-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #220
Lplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Yeah, Australia is a very different market. You'll never see a family in something Fiesta sized, if you do, its very uncommon. The Focus is considered a small car here, let alone the Fiesta.
Well I fly out to Oz tomorrow for three weeks, so I'll keep my eyes open for the small Fords.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #221
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Well I fly out to Oz tomorrow for three weeks, so I'll keep my eyes open for the small Fords.
Hehe, if I was flying here from the UK, I wouldn't bother looking for the small Fords... you have them all, better then we do (Fiesta ST/Focus ST/Mondeo ST220).... the big ones though...

^^^ If you can get a ride in one of those, DO IT!

Back to XR4...

I saw this video on Youtube of what appeared to be a Mk6 Fiesta ST with nothing done but an exhaust.... does alot of standing start acceleration... I'll be damned if it wasn't doing 0-100km/h in 6 sec flat!

Perhaps the XR4 + minimal mods will be... a very interesting toy! :

:
Old 17-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #222
Steffo
LPG > You

Here we go... found the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQx9CB2hE2Q

Look at the way it jumps from 0-40km/h.....

:
Old 17-03-2007, 03:23 AM   #223
Lplus

Quote:
^^^ If you can get a ride in one of those, DO IT!
Will do. :

Quote:
Back to XR4...

I saw this video on Youtube of what appeared to be a Mk6 Fiesta ST with nothing done but an exhaust.... does alot of standing start acceleration... I'll be damned if it wasn't doing 0-100km/h in 6 sec flat!

Perhaps the XR4 + minimal mods will be... a very interesting toy! :
Hmm, well, I'm sure as hell not abusing mine like that. Peak power is 6000 RPM.
Old 17-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #224
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice exhaust sound.
Old 17-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #225
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
The Focus is a small car, so the Fiesta is a midget

Chris
Old 18-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #226
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
The Focus is a small car, so the Fiesta is a midget

Chris

I think the term is "supermini" :

:
Old 20-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #227
Lplus

Well, I'm in Adelaide now and I'm just amazed by how few fiestas there are. In fact I'm amazed at how few 'supermini' cars there are in general. I guess I forgot what it was like last time I was here.

must find the Ford dealer and go see what they have.
Old 20-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #228
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Well, I'm in Adelaide now and I'm just amazed by how few fiestas there are. In fact I'm amazed at how few 'supermini' cars there are in general. I guess I forgot what it was like last time I was here.

must find the Ford dealer and go see what they have.
Yeah, they're not all that common. When I see a Fiesta, its a head turner for me. Especially if its a Zetec or Ghia.

:
Old 20-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #229
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Yeah, they're not all that common. When I see a Fiesta, its a head turner for me. Especially if its a Zetec or Ghia.
I haven't seen another WQ Zetec in Hobart & only 1 Ghia. A few LX's around though, and I did see a very nice WP Zetec in flame with MP3's
Mine is going in for it's first service tomorrow, can't believe it's a year already. A couple of other things will be done next week as well.
Old 20-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #230
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Mine is going in for it's first service tomorrow, can't believe it's a year already. A couple of other things will be done next week as well.
Ah, mine's due next Saturday

The Fiestas are very rare but their numbers on the road are creeping up. I'm seeing more and more Fiestas on the road. They're that rare, if you debadge your Fiesta, I dont think many would know what Ford it is.
Old 20-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #231
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Haha you wouldn't believe what happened to me on my way to work.

Halfway through my journey, a silver WP LX [exactly like mine but with 17s (or 18s) and tint] goes past me on the right lane whilst I'm stopped in the left. Since the right lane was moving faster, I switched lanes then switched back. And what do I switch back behind? A black WP Ghia driven by a girl (you know the ones that adjust their rear view mirror to check their make-up and then adjust it back instead of just using their vanity mirror..). Anyway, in front of her was that Silver LX.
So in convoy: Silver WP LX, Black WP Ghia and Silver WP LX. It was pretty cool! But what was cooler was that we all took the same turns and headed in the same direction all the way to my workplace where I had to turn off.

It was like a mini-Fiesta cruise.
Old 20-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #232
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
They're that rare, if you debadge your Fiesta, I dont think many would know what Ford it is.
You would just be giving them more reason to call it a Festiva...

Old 19-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #233
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Has anyone been given a delivery date for their ordered XR4 yet? Are they still due to arrive into the country next month?
Old 19-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #234
0xyg3n

I rang my local dealer the other day. And I was told june for mine. But the sales guys I have been dealing with is on 2 weeks holiday so I'll try again when he gets back to see if he has any more info.
Old 24-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #235
ATSEIF DROF

TIP: Dont believe anything from the mouths of Ford dealers...
Old 29-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #236
0xyg3n

Well Ford has finally updated its site to now show the XR4. But it aint much. Just a form to fill out to keep up to date. And a banner at the top of the page. Click Here.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #237
0xyg3n

Had another update from the sales guy at my dealer today about my car. It's on the ship and will be here early June. He also told me that Ford had said the pricing would be about $28k but it wasn't 100% confirmed by them yet.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #238
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$28,000 drive-away no more to pay or RRP? if it's RRP, i'd be able to count the number of ppl that would get the XR4 by hand.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #239
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

The dealer I bought my XR5 from told me the price for the XR4 was confirmed on Thursday 3rd May at $24,990 plus usual (dealer delivery, ORC).
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #240
0xyg3n

Hoooooooooooot

Ford has updated its site. Guess the price :P

RRP from $24,990

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...1024&c=DFYPage
Closed Thread