Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Default Youre Help Needed - Fairlane By Tickford website.

Hi there all,

I am a newbie member to the forums but have been lurking in the background for a year or so.
Some of my past machines have been XA GT and XB GT Coupes, and have owned nearly every Fairlane that has been brought out over time.

Next week I take ownership of my new toy a Fairlane By Tickford No. 22 and am waiting like a child beneath a Christmas tree on Christmas eve. Anyway over the coming weeks I will post some shots of the new beast when she arrives.

I have seen over the years, numerous posts about these sweet 'lanes' and have registered the domain www.fairlanebytickford.com There is only a splash screen at the moment just announcing the site but by November the 1st, I will be adding to what I have already designed and built and will officially open the site.

Basically it will contain info about the FBT, history, owner’s cars, an FBT registry, downloads section, links etc

This is where YOU can become involved. Whether you own one or whether you just like them.

There are very many talented individuals on this forum that are very artistic and creative. I would like to offer up a 3 brand new copies of the book 'Tickford - The Joy Of Driving' by Author Gavin Farmer to the best designed header for the website, a copy for a person who designs the webpage logo - orientated around either FBT or Fairlane By Tickford and last but not least a copy to the person who designs the best 10th Anniversary FBT Logo. (As 2008 will herald the 10th Anniversary of the Fairlane By Tickford)

Most importantly there are other ways you could help contribute, which is with the following:

Photos
Documents
(These could be anything from a pic of your freinds FBT through to FBT's being produced at the Tickford factory.)
Parts books/manuals
Repair books/manuals
Adverts of their release
Tickford factory info / contacts of past workers for interviews on the manufacture
Blue prints and Graphic Artists impression sheets
Flyers
Infosheets
Names of Magazines or Books that the FBT's have been written about in
Logos you have found on the net or could scan
Artwork of FBT's or cartoon funnies of FBT's
Write ups
Spares that you have for sale or trade
Spares that you are looking for
Parts or spares that you are looking for to request as a group order from FORD.

If there is anything that you can share but need it scanned or copied I would only be too happy to cover the postage and have it returned with all due care taken.

There will be a register on the website which will detail owner, number, state, what colour, factory options, additional mods - it will give a means of being able to know where these cars are and how many have hit the highway to motoring heaven.

If you are the owner of an FBT and would like to have your beast on the website with a write up - well get cracking and email me the pictures and the write up. It would be great to open the website looking at least half decent than not at all.

I can be emailed at info@fairlanebytickford.com or you can email me and I can arrange to send you my contact details via email for anyone with something to surface post or similar.

The website is for all those that own or like the FBT - for all lovers of great FORDS.

At this stage I am hoping to have the website up and running by November the 1st or close to that date anyway. So if you are feeling artistic you have a chance to obtain a great book for your efforts. I will post the winning picture here in this forum and on the fairlainebytickford.com website toward the end of October.

Good luck all - and big thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

See you on the road,

Darren and Family

TS50 T3 2002 Blueprint No. 197

Fairlane By Tickford No. 22 of 106 - A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

1998 NL Fairlane Tickford Concorde

1999 AU Tickford XR8 - Glenn Seton / Neil Crompton Ford Tickford Racing REPLICA

A 'True Warrior' fights not because he 'Hates' what is in front of him, but because he 'Loves' what is behind him.
LEST WE FORGET our Serving Soldiers and War Veterans.
NL FBT 98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sounds great, good luck with the web site. I dont have any info to contribute tho sorry.
Old 16-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Sounds good. The FBT is without doubt the best e-series... In my opinion anyway :P

Be sure to post plenty of pics when you pick up #22.

Looking forward to your website and info

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Thanks for your comments guys, as soon as she arrives this week I will take some shots and post them.

A 'True Warrior' fights not because he 'Hates' what is in front of him, but because he 'Loves' what is behind him.
Old 18-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
webby_191189
low wagooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
Sounds good. The FBT is without doubt the best e-series... In my opinion anyway :P

Be sure to post plenty of pics when you pick up #22.

Looking forward to your website and info
Id hav to say EL GT but the FBT's are quite nce. Any plans for it?

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

HI webby,

Yeah I will drive her!! But the long term plans are - not for sale, she will be a keeper. I would presume in another 10 years she will start pulling some good money, but again anything with a build number by rights will pull good money if kept and looked after well. The EL GT is bloody nice too and IMHO a very underated car.

I will not be driving it anywhere near a shopping centre - not with the fact that you can no longer get some of the badges.

Cheers Webby...

Old 21-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Bugger - A delay on the car arriving, should have been today but will be monday now : but then again it will be worth the wait.

Anyone got any info to share for the website ....

I find it hard to believe looking at past posts on the FBT's that no one has anything to contribute to this website?? Cmon guys n gals pweeeeeze

Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
nlfbt8

Hi Darren,

I'm Shane with FBT#43 ... I've been speaking with you via email. I'll get around to scanning that info for you at some stage soon, hopefully in the next week or two.

Have you got any pics of your fbt yet? I can't wait to see her (him?).

One part of your post that I was going to comment on is ;

Spares that you are looking for
Parts or spares that you are looking for to request as a group order from FORD

I think I speak for all FBT owners when I say that the most sought after part is the rear "T" boot badge, just above the number plate. This is one very un-obtainable part .... and proberly the one most likely to get stolen, too.

Anyway ... good luck with the site, and I'll be emailing you shortly ...

Cheers,

Shane
nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #9
TICKFORD_XR6

on ya mate. iv seen this site and checked up on it before but with no updates. so hopefully it will be finished soon
i have FBT build #088, regency red, shes done 37000 kms, only mod i have just done is lowered with new shocks (needs to be lower :P), and taken off mudflaps, bought it with extractors and exhaust (not sure what standard is though)

this is a very informative site if you need info

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gtho4/tic...-fairlane.html

and also (off same page)

http://www.fpv.com.au/theheritage/fa...ytickford.aspx

id love to see what a stock engine bay looks like (extractors inparticular)

>>MY CAR!!<<

Pacemakers, 2 1/2 Sports Exhaust, Thermos, XH Snorkel, KnN Panel Filter, Custom Black Interior,
18x8 Speedy Graphites with King Super Lows.. and more mods to come!
JVC Touch Screen Head Unit, Front - Pioneer 220w 6" splits, Back - Pioneer 220w 6" (all amped),
Pioneer 12" 1000w sub, Powered by Pioneer 800w Mono Amp

127.51rwkw

TICKFORD_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
TICKFORD_XR6

hopefully we get all 106 owners to join your site

>>MY CAR!!<<

Pacemakers, 2 1/2 Sports Exhaust, Thermos, XH Snorkel, KnN Panel Filter, Custom Black Interior,
JVC Touch Screen Head Unit, Front - Pioneer 220w 6" splits, Back - Pioneer 220w 6" (all amped),

127.51rwkw

Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
nlfbt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD_XR6
hopefully we get all 106 owners to join your site
Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen ..... from the rumours I've been hearing, there are at least 5 or 6 confirmed write-off's, which in reality could be 10 or more that will never drive again.
nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forgive ignorance, but thats why I joined this forum - to learn.

I just got an NC2 Sportsman. It has the 161kw Tickford motor, and I dare say some pretty decent steering and suspension work because the thing handles like no other normal long or short wheelbase E/N series, but feels remarkably similar to my old EF XR6.

Does this count? Probably not, but thought I'd ask.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #13
TICKFORD_XR6

nah sorry mate
i think he only wants the NL FBT's
though sounds like yours is pretty nice

>>MY CAR!!<<

127.51rwkw

Old 09-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Hey there guys,

Whata super win on Sunday hey? 1, 2, 3 its a Friggin FORD for me !! One thing I did notice was how quite it was around the streets on Sunday night...if it was a Holden win - it would usually mean every ferral from the wood work would come out and wanna race.

Anyways, the website is going well, I am liaising with FPV and the response from them has been astounding - true legends with their sincere approachability.

I have a five page letter which is going to FPV and to FORD as there are a few probs with the Ford database, I tried to get a letter of authenticity re: its limited number etc etc but the only thing that comes up and that Ford can put on paper is that it is and NL Fairlane Ghia :

So there are a number of little hiccups but either way they should pan out soon ....I am hoping, still have to wait for logo approval etc etc

SHANE - yeah if you could get me that info as soon as you could that would be great - I am pretty sure I have most of what is available on the world wide web adn having any additional bits will be handy for info on the website.

TICKFORD_XR6 thanks for those details mate ...I will try and get you a photo soon of the engine bay but as for all the FBT's, that wont happen but we will come close when word gets out. Be good to see how many are around and how many are no longer with us.

PINCH thanks for your interest mate but I am just keeping the website for the 106 FBT's made and to generate some information and interest in that car. The Sportsman is a nice vehicle - dont get me wrong. If I find any info along the way about them that you may not have, I will get it to you.

For everyones viewing pleasure - I spotted a real EVIL MOON over the headquarters of HOLDEN very recently.....check the picture !! Yahooooooooo

Cheers for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FBT Moon Rising SMALL.jpg (116.6 KB, 104 views)

Old 29-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #15
TICKFORD_XR6

hows this goin mate?

>>MY CAR!!<<

127.51rwkw

Old 29-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Hey there TICKFORD_XR6 and others.

The latest is that I have forwarded a 5 page report / request to FPV and FORD. The people at FPV are just legendary to say the least. Being a 5 page report there is a lot of permissions and legal stuff that has to be approved, so they have informed me that it will be atleast a few more weeks. So that inturn will delay the site opening.

I would rather open the site looking half decent than opening it with a whole heap of pages that are under construction.

Still am waiting for people who have said they will scan stuff and send it to me to do that, I have only a lot of what can be found on the net and 1998 Melbourne Motor Show Media folder which has the FBT in it that I will be scanning and putting on the website. So until Ford get back to me and people who said they will help with info they have, I really can't do much more at the moment.

On a lighter note my beast did arrive, but like with all cars you have to sort out all the crap and the neglect of previous owners, so I have been flat out getting her flushed, new radiator, badging etc etc. I will do a seperate post and throw some pics in. Its been real hard not to drive her around like a normal ride - I have had to use considerable restraint lmao.

I havent forgotten you TICKFORD_XR6 (name??) - I will get a couple of pictures to you over the next few days for the extractors and the engine bay.

Old 29-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #17
burkie_21
wild xr8

bloody brilliant, thats all there is to say. you've gone to a lot of effort to get everythin up an goin and all approved. i only hope that you will get your letter authenticity for your car. can't wait to see pics. untill joining here i only thought they were a myth. lol. good luck with everything and hope it all works out in the end
burkie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #18
TICKFORD_XR6

awesome stuff mate. sounds like its goin very good.

cant wait
keep up the good work

and thanx in advance for the engine bay pics

Damon

>>MY CAR!!<<

127.51rwkw

Old 27-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
johnluciani
Starter Motor

Default Re: Youre Help Needed - Fairlane By Tickford website.

i just purchased an FBT in regency red and she is just joy to drive,

my wife hates it so therefore she's a good rig.

how long before your website is up and running, it tried to access it but no luck.

cheers
johnluciani is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holy 5 year dig batman!
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnluciani
i just purchased an FBT in regency red and she is just joy to drive,

my wife hates it so therefore she's a good rig.

how long before your website is up and running, it tried to access it but no luck.

cheers
He probably got locked up for indecent exposure.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've heard on the grapevine that there are only ~40 or so left. Throughout my experiences I know of two that are most certainly gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlfbt8
Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen ..... from the rumours I've been hearing, there are at least 5 or 6 confirmed write-off's, which in reality could be 10 or more that will never drive again.
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
johnluciani
Starter Motor

my fbt is for sale, so if there is anyone looking for one then message me.
johnluciani is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Sparksy
I'm on a Boat!

Any site or more infomation.
Love these cars, picked one up after years of looking and wishing!
Wondering what shocks do they use or what would be closest to original.??
76 Celica Ra23 with Lexus 4lr V8, kaaz LSD, Quad piston RX7 front brakes.
1999 BMW 328ci, Topaz Blue, Manual, Sunroof.
Sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #25
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksy
Any site or more infomation.
Love these cars, picked one up after years of looking and wishing!
Wondering what shocks do they use or what would be closest to original.??
There used to be a "heritage" section on the FPV site (it is now removed and the only history on there is GTs) It had the specs on the FBT and if I can recall, the rear suspension was "deleted air ride suspension with unique dampers and springs" I may be getting mixed up with the TL50 but I think the shocks were konis.

If I had one of those beauties, I'd probably put a nice set of adjustable Konis or Bilsteins under it - do you have any photos of the car???

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
Sparksy
I'm on a Boat!

Hey XR6WGN,
Not sure which way to go yet but i want to keep a nice ride for cruising.
Would like to keep it stock but not sure if i can handle the rear end being so high!
I'm looking at the pedders extreme XA coilover kit.
Should give a smooth ride on the softer settings and I can adjust the height to get the perfect height's front to back.

I'm also looking for a pic of the Tickford mats so i can make some copys as mine came with Ford badged mats.

Here is a pic,
No 003

Old 17-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
RareNLTickford
Starter Motor

Hi mate, I'm the happy owner of build no. 34 it's all original except the 3 inch exhaust. Here's a few pics.

Last edited by RareNLTickford; 17-01-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Pic didn't come up
RareNLTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
RareNLTickford
Starter Motor

Old 17-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #29
RareNLTickford
Starter Motor

Last edited by RareNLTickford; 03-04-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 17-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
Sparksy
I'm on a Boat!

Great work! Looks the goods!