Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #91
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Mustang SUV concept?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlr View Post
Carsales said they spoke to the chief engineer and he said its coming to Australia.

https://www.facebook.com/20839305586...6776778022071/
News to Ford Australia it seems, somebody jump the gun?

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...94zX7Sl6ChWaYo

Quote:
Aussies keen to get their hands on the first electric Ford Mustang rejoice!

Revealed at the Los Angeles motor show yesterday, the ground-breaking new Ford Mustang Mach-E electric SUV has been confirmed for Australia – by the bloke who engineered it.

The chief engineer on the project, Ron Heiser, told carsales in LA that the new model will join the Mustang Fastback and Convertible in Australia as soon as late next year.

Asked specifically if the battery-powered Mustang-badged SUV will be made in right-hand drive for Australia, Heister said:

"Yes, we will be launching Mach-E in left-hand drive and right-hand drive. It will be available late next year [2020] in right-hand drive."

The news might come as a surprise to Ford Australia, which remains tight-lipped on the prospects of the Blue Oval’s rival for the Tesla Model X being sold Down Under.

Officially, Ford Australia will launch its first electrified model -- a plug-in hybrid version of the new fourth-generation Escape mid-size SUV – around mid-2020.

So far the Mach-E – which is the same width but 140mm longer and 80mm lower than the new Escape – has only been confirmed for release in the US and Europe in 2020, with China to follow.

"We have no specific Australia/New Zealand news with regards to Mach-E," said a Ford Australia spokesman this week.

“We do, however, look forward to starting our electrification journey with the Escape PHEV next year.”

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #92
Whistlr

Yeah but this is fresh news. The chief said it's coming here could mean it Ford Australia decide to bring it they can, but considering the charging network is far behind in Australia they may hold off.
Whistlr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #93
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah but this is fresh news. The chief said it's coming here could mean it Ford Australia decide to bring it they can, but considering the charging network is far behind in Australia they may hold off.
The link i posted is from the FB link you posted, the link is to the full article posted on FB, 7hrs old, today's news......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #94
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Yeah - I think it’s a good thing
Look forward to seeing it in the flesh !
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #95
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Yeah obviously they will have to decide wether it's worth selling here.

I think they should get in at the ground floor with mainstream electric vehicles, even if they don't initially sell a lot of them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #96
Whistlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Yeah obviously they will have to decide wether it's worth selling here.

I think they should get in at the ground floor with mainstream electric vehicles, even if they don't initially sell a lot of them.
I agree. It's not like it's just just another new model. It's a pretty important step into the next phase and from what I can tell it will pull many people into the showrooms.

People have range anxiety, Ford Australia has will-it-work anxiety. I don't know which is worse.
Whistlr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #97
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

RHD spotted in the wild.

https://electrek.co/2019/11/26/right...d-in-michigan/