Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #1561
YoBoy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All
I have a few projects on the go but currently building a Fairmont GT.
Awesome car.
I'll post some images soon of the progress.
Stu
YoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #1562
john_fly
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaz
Hi All, My Name is Wazza and ive just joined, just wondering however if anyone has had or knows how to fix my Car issue

got a 2001 Ford AU ute and its a great car but the other day on way home from work in 34 degree heat the car just shut down, took a while to re start but evenyually got going again, this then happened 4 more times to me and i cant work out whats causing it, temp on car was fine but it just kept stopping, has anyone any ideas, would appreciate if so

cheers Wazza...
Have you checked your fuel filters I had the same symptoms with a Toyota new fuel filters fixed it.
john_fly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #1563
jaggedblue
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi there! I`m fighting with my 2001 dedicated lpg AU2 Ford Falcon 1 tonner. It won`t wind over and fuel gauge is reading full on dash in error. I replaced the body control module but it didn`t fix it. Anybody have any experience of this problem?
jaggedblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #1564
knightrider
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

cs123. thanks for your response. The model is a 2004 6 cylinder. Some more symptoms, along with high idle, up to 1750 at start up fuel trip mileage drops by 10k for approx every 5k travelled, last night engine warning dash light came on and the engine was one spark short of stalling. Turn off then back on with no further indication of the problem. Despite running its own show I don't wish to be filling it up every 5 days.

Any more suggestions welcome.

Thanks
knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #1565
EFridernoipo
Starter Motor

Default hi

hey all my name's brenden, just brought my first 1994 EF gli, looking at throwing everything into it and start racing, i hope to take it to summernats.
EFridernoipo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #1566
hoboturkey
Gremlin Collector

This is a first test post.
Great site this.
hoboturkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #1567
toddals
Starter Motor

Default FG rims fit AU

first time poster and i hope im doing it rite....just wondering if FG rims fit AU
toddals is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #1568
Steiny91
Starter Motor

Hey my name is Dalton and I own an xc gs ute and a xr6 turbo
Steiny91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1569
fordpartsdude
Starter Motor

Hey guys
I'm looking to sel a set of black n chrome 17 inch mags for 450 if anybody can help would be great cheers
fordpartsdude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #1570
shadroth
Starter Motor

Hey everyone
I'm Ben, had a fg xr6t and just recently upgraded to a 2011 supercharged gt.
looking at changing the wheels and exhaust soon and i'll chuck up some pics
shadroth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #1571
I8hsv
I8hsv

hi all new on hear today im james from sydney and i love all types of old and new fords atm ive got a new fg fpv gs 315 ute just had it lowered today actually with king springs and koni adjustables changed the whole car and no more axle tramp!!! oh this may be a stupid question but how do i post pics it says mine are too big
I8hsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #1572
tahir
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys great job and keep up with the great job you are all doing.
tahir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #1573
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Welcome to the Ford Forums new members.

I hope you enjoy checking out the site, and trust any help or advice sort is responded to.

Now start posting!

regards

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #1574
gem-clean
Starter Motor

Hi Im James and have brought an 10/99 AU FALCON UTE auto with the smartshield bcm and key reader missing and im having alot of trouble finding parts in WA as im after the ecu , bcm , and ignition key and reader

Edit by mod: please PM if you can help.

Last edited by flappist; 11-04-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: removed phone number
gem-clean is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #1575
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadroth
Hey everyone
I'm Ben, had a fg xr6t and just recently upgraded to a 2011 supercharged gt.
looking at changing the wheels and exhaust soon and i'll chuck up some pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8hsv
hi all new on hear today im james from sydney and i love all types of old and new fords atm ive got a new fg fpv gs 315 ute just had it lowered today actually with king springs and koni adjustables changed the whole car and no more axle tramp!!! oh this may be a stupid question but how do i post pics it says mine are too big
All these new Fords and no pictures, WE NEED PICTURES!!

Jokes aside, welcome.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #1576
lrgtt
Starter Motor

Hi Ford Lovers! I have been here a few times and Finnaly decided to say hello.I own a Black lowered 2006 TT that I purchased new and have only done 46,000kms, Its lowered 50mm, with 20in chrome davinci feet.It has been de bunged and well looked after.I have done some other stuff but its a secrete...lol I would share you all a pic if I only I knew how...
lrgtt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #1577
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome everyone.

There is are demos on how to post pics, adding an avatar, how to post...anything you want to know about how to use the forum, all located in site support.

Forum tutorials/demos

Cheers
Col
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #1578
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'll also chip in and say hello to the new members, make sure you have a look around at your own pace, don't feel as if you can cover this site in one go, it's huge! Even I haven't seen everything yet. Take your time and enjoy your stay; you'll love it here.
Be sure to check your relevant state section, located halfway down the main page of the forum. There is always an AFF meet happening some time and more often than not there is a cruise, show n shine, event or casual get together going on in your state. Get along and get to know your states members, you'll make new friends very easily here.
If you're looking at a few performance parts, a tune, a new ford or products for your current car, check out the sponsor area, located towards the bottom of the main page. You can get great deals on everything by having a look at the sponsor section, and there is usually a sponsor in your state to cater to your requirements.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me; I'm here to show you around, answer questions and generally just help out.
Have fun!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1579
Brucy
Starter Motor

Hi all.

Just purchased a '64 Ford Galaxie 500.

I am looking for any parts etc that anybody may have for it. Especially inner tie rods.
SPECS: Auto, Right hand drive, Ram power steering, 6 cylinder.

Cheers,

Leanne.
Brucy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #1580
Mad_APV_Freak
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

HEY HEY.
Joined in cos someone i know off is in here as well.
I have an APV EB2 Ford Falcon, Silver.
I am getting APV in Melbourne to fix it all up, Body kit and a repaint.
YES THEY ARE STILL AROUND
cheers for now
I will post a pic soon
Mad_APV_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #1581
Brucy
Starter Motor

Sounds real cool
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #1582
Paul302351

Gday all,
Been on this site for a while and just wanna say thanks for all the info ive got from this site.
cheers
Paul302351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1583
Brucy
Starter Motor

I'm new to the site too and getting to know how to run it properly.
Not great with technology
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #1584
XC1977
Starter Motor

Hi guy, Im Tony I like my old cars, at the moment driving A 1977 Ford Fairmont wagon with a 302 and 4 speed manual, and its a great machine to going places in or just cruising with the family
XC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1585
Brucy
Starter Motor

Yeah.

Cruising into the sunset is great.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1586
Brucy
Starter Motor

Hey SWAMP RAT are you out there?

I need to get in touch with you for extractors.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #1587
Culprit
Starter Motor

Hi All, new to the Forum (Victorian). I am on my second Territory as the first one was so impressive. The second is giving me great fuel economy. Have a 2010 TS RWD, just came back from Sydney and was pulling 780 kms a tank sitting on an average 117 kmh. Happy as, my 2005 was not that good.

Territory suits me and my lifestyle, best of all I don't hit my head hopping in.
Culprit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #1588
AUSR2002
Starter Motor

G'day fellow Ford lovers

My mate flathead01 has been on my case for a while about signing up on here, so I finally sucommed to his persistence and have done just that ;)

Brock's the name - although we're true blue Ford lovers - None of us can help but admire what the King of the Mountain achieved throughout his career.

My personal ride is a Series 3 AU SR (02). Nothing over the top but since I've had it, I have caught the bug of doing a few things to make it more appealing such as putting a set of Super low King Springs under it, making it sit evenly nice and lower by about 2 inches.

Came with the standard 16 inch 7 spoke alloys as seen on the later AU's, but after a few months they were replaced by a set of black powdercoated 17's from a mates R32 Skyline.

I took it to a local exhaust bloke in Moe about a year back and got a sports muffler fitted, with a 2.5 inch pipe leading from that to the duel tip.

Fitted a chrome after market Series 3 grill to the front (after the original was broken since purchase) which has the tendency to lure those with an untrained eye into thinking it's a TS or TE50.

Just recently had a reconditioned LSD fitted after the original single spinner was making a horrible noise, which after the fact it had clocked 245,000k's really surpirsed the diff bloke that it had even lasted that long.

And in a matter of weeks I plan to convert it from Auto to Manual, which will mean less trips to the garage to have the rotors machined and more trips to a few race tracks to get back into competing in club level sprint events =P

Will upload some pics of the beast once I get my brain around this Forum a bit more ;)
AUSR2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #1589
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider
cs123. thanks for your response. The model is a 2004 6 cylinder. Some more symptoms, along with high idle, up to 1750 at start up fuel trip mileage drops by 10k for approx every 5k travelled, last night engine warning dash light came on and the engine was one spark short of stalling. Turn off then back on with no further indication of the problem. Despite running its own show I don't wish to be filling it up every 5 days.

Any more suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Doesn't sound too healthy. I think you may need to get a workshop to plug a diagnostic tool into it to find out what's wrong.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #1590
Agile

Gday All, nice to be onboard. I am a current owner of a Terrorist AWD and a P6 Ltd. Love them both. One more than the other but dont let on. Terri is chiped , headers, stainless to the bumper,cold air intake and runs on premium only. couldnt afford a turbo Ghia so this is the answrrrrrr. Goes ok. P6 is a GEM . Pure gold. Head turning and a delight to drive. Anyone who can advise on stuff will be greatfully accepted. Terri is in need of some work soon and am hoping for some support from people who may know better than the local ford dealer. If I can help in some way I am very happy to. Will post some pics of P6 asap
Agile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post