Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #121
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 
Default Re: Outstanding service!!

For any exhaust needs in Melbourne's west, I would like to recommend Blitz Exhaust in Hoppers Crossing. Alan takes great pride in his work and treats your car better than you would. Good honest mechanics are very hard to come by these days.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #122
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajoda View Post
Any opinions on Cumberland Ford at Blacktown? Have my first 15K coming up and they are conveniently placed from work.
Just had my 30K service, and my question has been answered by experience. Return to pick up and after the pleasantries the service man seemed to go out of his way to start telling me how disappointed he was that I had that mark on my front bumper. Naturally I flew out to check and sure enough there was damage. Denied all knowledge and advised it was noted on the form when the car was driven in. More likely after they hit something I would say. Subsequently I complained and gave them a chance to respond, which was basically a waste of time. What made me sick was the 2IC reply which did not even align with the lies the service man told me at time of pick up. Last time my car goes through their door. Not on topic I realise, merely a warning to others.
Old 26-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #123
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any recomendations on diesel mechanic in around hoppers crossing/ werribee?

have a NW pajero which I would like to take to someone other than dealer for normal servicing, has 80K on it atm.

anyone used ARB hoppers or Iron man hoppers??

asked on the pajero forum and got no replies.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #124
SuperchargedXR8

Outstanding service today from Fullcrum Suspension at Stafford in Brisbane.

I had a really good qoute from another shop for a suspension job on my XR8 but it was further away than I would have liked. I rang Fullcrum as mentioned by another forum member and they matched the quote. Got the job done today and their service was excellent, facilities are great and absolutely no questions and or changes to the price we spoke about over the phone.

Can't speak of them highly enough.

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/
SuperchargedXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #125
AAXR8

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!!

Hi Guys, If your ever down in Western Victoria there is a Mechanic at Pedder's Suspension & Tyre Power which are a combined Company in Stawell!!! It is a very small place but They are Fantastic!! I Personally recieved Great service, Fast time & Best of all the Problem FIXED!!!
And there a very good Hourly rate!!! And they made sure everything was
Running Perfect Under the Car!!!

Thanks Guys at Pedder's Suspension & TyrePower Stawell!!!!!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #126
BH13ST

If your ever around the albionpark area and need some mechanical or autoelec work done Steve at Autotorque is great , he will get you sorted with what ever it is you need with great advice and friendly serivce... Also kinghorne ford down in Nowra has helped me out quite alot also! Definitely worth giving them a call for your ford needs down south.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #127
MattstaF6

Hi Guys

Went to Pitlane Performance in Frankston today to get my Transmission leak repaired and serviced as well as a Oil feed line and PWR Heat Exchanger. These guys are the best workshop I have been to. They picked out problems with my car that other workshops failed to recognise and took the time to explain things. I would recommend these guys to anyone. Will be going back there for sure
MattstaF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #128
cano355

Preston Automatics And Differentials in campbellfield....have been going to andrew and con for the past 8yrs,never had a problem with any of there work..great bunch of blokes that are always helpful..highly recommend them to anyone
Old 11-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #129
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cano355 View Post
Preston Automatics And Differentials in campbellfield....have been going to andrew and con for the past 8yrs,never had a problem with any of there work..great bunch of blokes that are always helpful..highly recommend them to anyone
Couldn't agree more with this. Have been going to Andrew and Con for a few years and their customer service has been simply awesome. Always willing to help and really stand by their work. Helped me out big time a few months back and saved me a heap of time and money.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:04 PM   #130
dirtyclevo

my mum went to Memmott's Automotive in windsor brisbane a few months ago for a service. been around since 1956. cant go wrong.

he joined up to the Repco Authorised Car Service network to get some more business, seems to have paid off.

did a great job, tweaked things here and their and even gave it a vacuum after.

im only 33 but i remember when i was 18 my dad and unlce getting good 'ol service from mechanics and its great to see business still doing that.

/http://www.memmottsautomotive.repcoservice.net/
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #131
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH13ST View Post
If your ever around the albionpark area and need some mechanical or autoelec work done Steve at Autotorque is great , he will get you sorted with what ever it is you need with great advice and friendly serivce... Also kinghorne ford down in Nowra has helped me out quite alot also! Definitely worth giving them a call for your ford needs down south.
Kinghorn is excellent, the best.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #132
Fordster91
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattstaF6 View Post
Hi Guys

Went to Pitlane Performance in Frankston today to get my Transmission leak repaired and serviced as well as a Oil feed line and PWR Heat Exchanger. These guys are the best workshop I have been to. They picked out problems with my car that other workshops failed to recognise and took the time to explain things. I would recommend these guys to anyone. Will be going back there for sure
Yeah, couldn't agree more. Had a similar issue and they sorted it out in no time.
Fordster91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #133
Fordster91
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornie View Post
Chloe from ozzy tyres, I had sent through an email enquiry when I wanted to order some rims and tyres but have a low daily limit on my debit card, called me straight away, sorted direct debit,offsets and tyre sizes and discounted freight as there free shipping only went as far as brissy.
Hmmmmmm... IDK, I have mixed feelings about them. Perhaps I'm gonna give them another shot soon. Last time it was all a bit of a hassle tbh
Fordster91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #134
Loonar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For Toowoomba and surrounding districts, must recommend (if not already so) Dan and Dave Flohr in Clifford St. T'wba...
Love their Fords and more importantly their customers, esp. the classics, can't speak highly enough of their service(s).
Once again, to-day, they've looked after my old girl (XW), and feels like it's had a rebirth !!
Thanks boys
Loonar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #135
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never thought I would say this about a wheel/tire shop but Good Year in Essendon (Fletcher street) have had my XR6T a couple times over the last week. Originally I took it in to get tires (didn't even know they did mechanical work until I got there), I asked them to have a look at a couple thing and fix a couple things while it was there. They supplied me with a decent set of tires which I couldn't find cheaper online and sorted most of my mechanical issues for a really good price. One of them owns an XR6T so he knew exactly what to look for and told me a bunch of things I should keep an eye on. Good blokes as well.
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM   #136
Itsafordthing
Starter Motor

Couple of places I've had really a really good experience with since I've had my BA ute - Goodyear Tyre and Auto at Bathurst a couple of tyres and a brilliant wheel alignment.

Kelso Automatics - transmission service. Owner is a decent, honest guy and does good work.

D and J Ford Lithgow - nice guys and girls and parts and service ( activated my Cruise Control ) at reasonable prices.

Glenn.
Itsafordthing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #137
danthefordman
Leftyos

My story relates to street fords magazine. I have been a subscriber since its inception. In October I let my subscription lapse. Didn't renew till Nov. I asked the salesperson if I could also get a backorder copy of issue 142. The lady said she would start the subscription from that issue even though it was nearing the next issue. A month later nothing arrived so assumed that it wasn't able to be processed. So I called them again to check. It was early one morning and the salesperson said to me she would contact the warehouse when it opened at 930 and see if a copy of 142 was available. She would then ring back. Given past experiences with a variety of businesses I have had I wasn't expecting to hear back and if I did maybe a few days later. Strike me down if the phone didn't ring at 932 with the girl telling me it has all been sorted both142 and 143 have been posted out today. A simple phone call as promised and you have a happy customer. Well done express publications and to the salesperson whose name I don't recall.
Old 19-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #138
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Imperial Finish Body Works on Centre Road in Springvale did me a solid.

Actuator in BFII front door was cactus. Got a second hand unit from an AU and asked them to fit. Job was done quickly (was able to book appointment for next-day), and did the job for free (initial job was $40 - but after hearing I worked local, asked me to spread the word).

Very professional phone manner as well - which sounds minor, but I have lawyers offices call me with inferior phone manner. Polite and patient as well.

If I have a problem in future, I'd happily go back.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #139
TEZG
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Goff and Sons Automotive, Kings Park/Blactown, Sydney.
Bit of a trek for me to get there however I was in a spot and he was suggested to me by another forum member.
Martin sorted my issues out with his tuning skills and experience when I was concerned I'd have to spent a packet on a car I had just bought (ZG).
He owns the bar b coupe, if you've seen it.
Nice guy and no bs, knows his fords old and new along with all other makes.
TEZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #140
delboy67
Starter Motor

Any good shout outs for mechanics in Perth?
delboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:40 AM   #141
RobFPVGT
Supercharger GT

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!!

Penrith Sinclair Ford Service guys are great, I had few issues nothing major, they got right onto it no problem all fixed
RobFPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 02:46 AM   #142
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy67 View Post
Any good shout outs for mechanics in Perth?
Depending where you are, but I've used these two and found them brilliant, both FIFO workers and work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, both into Fords and both qualified mechanics and their rates are very good both around $60 per hour.

Alec at Forrestfield 0428711496

Josh at Mundaring 0477057509
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #143
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Highly recommend Trevor, Transdoctor, contact details below.

Installed PWR air/oil cooler and serviced my ZF6 last year.

Spotless workshop and excellent service, even provides free loan car.

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #144
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have dealt with lots of different dealers and workshops thru the years and I am involved in the industry myself and can Honestly say that City Ford Rockdale where I recently purchased a new FGX have been beyond excellent.
Craig in sales and Fred in the service department have been a pleasure to deal with through out the purchase process and sorted a few issues the car had.
What impressed me was the way they handled the situation with their attitude, loan vehicle, the fix was done right and showed me the repairs on the hoist.
Never had a hint of the attitude that can sour the auto industry.
I would recommend them highly.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #145
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsafordthing View Post
Couple of places I've had really a really good experience with since I've had my BA ute - Goodyear Tyre and Auto at Bathurst a couple of tyres and a brilliant wheel alignment.

Kelso Automatics - transmission service. Owner is a decent, honest guy and does good work.

D and J Ford Lithgow - nice guys and girls and parts and service ( activated my Cruise Control ) at reasonable prices.

Glenn.
I have also been very happy with Kelso automatics, never let me down, as for D&J I think they are one of the most honest and competent Ford dealers I have come across, they seem to sort a problem quickly and don't charge the earth for it, Just brought my new FGX XR6 from Todd, the manager there.

While in the area I would like to put in a good word for Brakepro Auto Spares in Lithgow, I have been buying parts from them for 30 years now, nothing is too much trouble, they will go right out of their way to help. They don't sell fancy accessories, just parts. Peter, the manager there has been in the motor trade for 40 years and knows his stuff.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #146
xr8cam

Northmead Exhausts in NSW. Way cheaper than anybody else, their work is 2nd to none. I have had three cars done their & every time it is spot on. Polite, professional & consistent. No suprise his been there coming up 20yrs.

PS: Now go to 'Geez I hate that!' to see where not to go in Sydney.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #147
lari1eye

Smile Re: Outstanding service!!

Fulcrum Suspensions at Tradelink St, Hillcrest, Qld. Matt recently fitted the superpro rear shock upper mount on my 2000 AU2 XR8. PART No. RS010. $730 a pair plus he did a front and rear wheel alignment. What a difference, no more rear sloppiness when heavy cornering. Many thanks for the service. Next are the diff bushes. New Year project. Cheers.
lari1eye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #148
xr8cam

At 8am I rang a local plumber the other day by the name of Alan Oxford Plumbing Castle Hill in Sydney. One of the plumbers answered the phone on the 3rd ring, and listened whilst I described the situation and told him what I had done so far. He then suggested a plan & said between 10am & 2pm that day. At 9:50am, 'Chad' introduced himself with a firm handshake, took of his boots and closed the door after he came in (two dogs). He already had notes from what I had told the bloke earlier and within 20 minutes had fixed the problem. There was no call out fee, I was charged for half an hour's work which was $45 and he explained everything he'd done and also gave me the lowdown on those instant hot water units. This plumber was the most aware switched on youngster I have met for a long time. I rang his boss and told him to keep him as long as possible 'cause he had such a great attitude and cared about his work. Very rare, especially these days.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #149
xr8cam

Tim at Repco Blacktown. I felt like I was in a time warp back to the 80's when customer service was a job title and each store had staff who knew the stock and its purpose & price. If Mr Repco is reading, promote this young bloke. He is a rarity these days. I rang with a stock inquiry to which he suggested a much cheaper option after firstly establishing I could do it myself so it would be cost effective. No, it didn't give Repco the biggest sale, but I will be back again.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #150
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Anyone had any service issues with Wignalls Ford in Mornington?