Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #31
motomk

Thanks from the evil side of fence for a good day, oops! morning of entertainment.
I now know where Myer Megamart is at Fountain Gate!;)
Thanks to the organisers V8Capri (nice BA), Casper and LTDHO...Hope I got the names right.
Thanks to Hallam Performance....especially the liner upperer. I actually think in retrospect he might have been right about my car but I am not a car whizz. Ah the joys of Dynos! deseminate those curves!

motomk

P.S.
If anyone sees Cobra...Can you ask him where he left my drivetrain?????;);););)

Last edited by motomk; 05-02-2005 at 11:35 PM.
motomk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Are there any dyno graphs?
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Are there any dyno graphs?
not yet, they will be sent out soon to the competitors

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #34
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Small update.

Deathmetal has been awarded the AUFALCON Promotors choice by unanimous decison.

AU I6
135.4 Casper - XR6 VCT Second
113.4 LG - Falcon I6
123.0 buickman - AU Ghia VCT
125.3 AuFairmont -S- - AU Fairmont
145.5 Death Metal - XR6HP Winner and AU Promoters choice
123.2 Fish

AU I6 & V8 Forced Induction
178.6 AU-Steve - Turbo Forte

AU V8
139.1 Fairmont99 - AU Ghia V8
159.8 T2TL50 - Series 2 TL50 Second
150.1 Cobra - AU1 XR8 "freakmobile"
199.8 MYTE8 - T3 Winner
154.7 Davocol AU2 XR8 220
156.6 Headsex

Exhibition (NON AU cars)
235.9 smciner1- XB Falcon GT
225.3 motomk - SV8
187.8 CSV_LS1 - VS V6 Calais
187.8 V8Capri - BA Ghia 220
195.5 Simon - VUSS ute

Old 05-02-2005, 10:41 PM   #35
Yagz
Banned

Was a great day..

I believe the dyno was spot on, and there were no discrepencies.

I ran a previous run of 147.5rwkw on the exact same dyno at the last dyno day, and i have done no mods to the car since then, and i managed 149.5rwkw ( 150.1rwkw with no filter, but that's not streetable ;) ). Only thing replaced, were the leads and the dizzy cap, and i was running Mobil Synergy today, instead of Optimax like last time..

Thanatos pulled a 148rwkw which is well down from his other figures, but as we discovered later, his car was running EXTREMELY lean, causing that drop in power.

All in all, the dyno seemed pretty spot on..

Thanks to all for a great day, can't wait for another combined AUFalcon event!

Last edited by Yagz; 05-02-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I have to agree, I have no doubt that the dyno was reading accruate. I'm happy with what I got too. I know that previous readings on mine were done in 2nd gear, so a clean 3rd gear run is what I wanted to see and it shows what I was expecting. Now to see if I cant get it into the real testing zone, a 14.xx second pass.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 PM   #37
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Damm it : knew I shoulda come lol, had the car at my old mechanics today gettin a check up when I seen his near new 6month old dyno in the corner, anyway we got it on their and she managed a 141rw.
Mind you we also found out that the main muffler is cactus causing a blockage, so who knows what she should be actually pushing :
I mentioned the dyno day and he said he'd been thinking of holding one, oh and he did say something about possible cash prizes as well as trophies, depending on the interest of course.

Let me know what yaz think and i'll see if we cant maybe tee something up in a month or two.

Damm im spewin I missed it :
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #38
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

If the dyno was reading low, imagine what that little hilux and LTDHO's would a made if it was reading 'happy' !!

Oh and if you really think the bad weather in the morning affected your figures, remember the first run of the day was a vn calais that made 140kw.

Nah sorry boys and girls, U can't blame the dyno, what it made is what it showed on the day. :evil_laug
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series

Last edited by Mr. CVE; 05-02-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #39
Yagz
Banned

Those who stayed until the end did get a print out ..

You can see the red line was my 147.5rwkw run (from last dyno day), and the blue line the 150.1rwkw run (from today).

You can notice that the replacement of the leads, dizzy cap, and coil resulted in a smoother power curve throughout the rev range, and also notice that the blue line never drops out at top end like the red line..

All in all, the tuning and servicing have been spot on! Big thanks goes to my dad for all his help! ;)
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Damm it : knew I shoulda come lol, had the car at my old mechanics today gettin a check up when I seen his near new 6month old dyno in the corner, anyway we got it on their and she managed a 141rw.
Mind you we also found out that the main muffler is cactus causing a blockage, so who knows what she should be actually pushing :
I mentioned the dyno day and he said he'd been thinking of holding one, oh and he did say something about possible cash prizes as well as trophies, depending on the interest of course.

Let me know what yaz think and i'll see if we cant maybe tee something up in a month or two.

Damm im spewin I missed it :
Probably at the end of the year might be the go, maybe Oct or Nov. That way people have time to make some adjustments. Then aufalcon.com will probably look at doing another dyno day.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:09 PM   #41
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Bugger! I haven't been reading the dyno day threads, now to find I went basically past it on my way to Berwick, could have come for a spectate & say g'day : Also reading the E series I6 results I dread to think what my reading would be...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #42
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
If the dyno was reading low, imagine what that little hilux and LTDHO's would a made if it was reading 'happy' !!

Oh and if you really think the bad weather in the morning affected your figures, remember the first run of the day was a vn calais that made 140kw.

Nah sorry boys and girls, U can't blame the dyno, what it made is what it showed on the day. :evil_laug
Don't forget the second car on the dyno that made 199.8rwkw
I think it was spot on aswell.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:33 PM   #43
motomk

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri

Damn....I Knew what I wrote would cause disruption....The Dyno was fine....Please everybody...do not interpret my words in any other way...the dyno was perfect. I have had to go through these sorts of threads before and shake my head at them and then fix them up. I am embarrassed that I have now started something as I am a quiet person who avoids the limelight.
v8capri is quite correct the dyno was very representative of all dyno dynamic dynos and was reading pretty close if not identical to what others have read in the small sample I saw and knew about.
Thanks once again for a top day. I apologise if I have started anything here. I hope this finishes it.

motomk

Last edited by motomk; 06-02-2005 at 12:57 AM.
motomk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #44
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Looks like a great and successful day.
Dyno looks ok to me, Cobra in his standard freak mobile went 150 yesterday and went 152 on the APS dyno..
Well done to Hallam Performance and the Forum organisers...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #45
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm not too sure how much the humidity effected todays results. It may have taken a few kw's off but I doubt it would have made a huge difference to most cars. I may be wrong though.
If it was on a dyno dynamics dyno (DDD), and it was run in shootout mode, you are nearly right Casper (in that it makes little difference) - in theory, it is supposed to make zero difference to the results. The readings are what they are. Shootout mode is programmed to correct for high temp, humidity, etc, etc. This way, you are supposed to be able to compare dyno results from one DDD to another, even if they are across the other side of the world! Well.. that's the theory anyway, and assumes that the rollers on the dyno get sufficient grip, the dyno is kept callibrated, etc.

I didn't go to this dyno run, but as my last results were also on a DDD, I think I get bragging rights back over Casper. Until we go head to head, that is - at which time I will be able to tell him what colour smoke comes out of his exhaust (or not).. LOL
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 06-02-2005 at 12:27 AM. Reason: the usual (spelling)
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:07 AM   #46
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

My first time on a dyno was 152.2rwkw on APS DDD. Second time which was today was 150.1rwkw. It was very humid when mine was done, which may have casued a few rwkw loss. All in all I think it was very accurate, and the read out was very consustent with my last one.

MotoMK, sorry for missing 3rd! Might have to get a bit more practice in those T56's!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:14 AM   #47
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
My first time on a dyno was 152.2rwkw on APS DDD. Second time which was today was 150.1rwkw. It was very humid when mine was done, which may have casued a few rwkw loss. All in all I think it was very accurate, and the read out was very consustent with my last one.

MotoMK, sorry for missing 3rd! Might have to get a bit more practice in those T56's!
Perhaps some pracice in a T5 mijhght be good too. hahahaha.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #48
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Great day. Was very happy with the output of the little V6 although i think i should have turned the air con off :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Great day. Was very happy with the output of the little V6 although i think i should have turned the air con off :
and not parked on the freeway?

Old 06-02-2005, 07:58 AM   #50
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
If it was on a dyno dynamics dyno (DDD), and it was run in shootout mode, you are nearly right Casper (in that it makes little difference) - in theory, it is supposed to make zero difference to the results. The readings are what they are. Shootout mode is programmed to correct for high temp, humidity, etc, etc. This way, you are supposed to be able to compare dyno results from one DDD to another, even if they are across the other side of the world! Well.. that's the theory anyway, and assumes that the rollers on the dyno get sufficient grip, the dyno is kept callibrated, etc.

I didn't go to this dyno run, but as my last results were also on a DDD, I think I get bragging rights back over Casper. Until we go head to head, that is - at which time I will be able to tell him what colour smoke comes out of his exhaust (or not).. LOL
lol, yes, you have bragging rights now on power JC. Now you bette go to the 1/4 mile to see if you can get real world bragging rights too _2:
Must say it is amusing when all the V8 guys are happy to beat my HAD on the dyno...so you should too : Now for the track, thats a different story.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #51
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Well, we had the dyno day today and everyone involved was very well behaved.

After some though I have decided to post up what I saw as the only problem of the day. Someone named FTRWPN turned up, spoke to neither the organizers of the AU or E Series dyno day, revved his car then proceeded to do a sideways burnout down the entire length of the cars parked on either side of the road.

We had, for weeks, been reminding people that this is not going to be tolerated and, for all those involved, they were on the very best behavior. Its idiots like FTRWPN who, while having nothing to do with the event, turn up and pull stupid stunts like this that give us all a bad name. In front of 5 mods no less (Me, BlueAU, mincer, Thanatos and EFFalcon).

Now I have looked and he is not a member of this forum therefore the only way he could have known about the dyno day was to be told by a member (non members could not access the site to see the details off the dyno day). The only person who was seen near FTRWPN was FPRWPN (a coincidence? I don’t think so). This person IS a member of this site and was NOT part of either dyno group. Although he himself did nothing wrong and cant be blamed for the incident I am hugely disappointed in the fact that people feel the need to turn up to a structured and peaceful event and “hoon it up” just to get attention.

I will say that FTRWPN certainly did get the mods attention….but it’s not the the sort you want. Your car has been noted and, for future events of aufalcon.com, if you are there, you WILL be asked to leave.

Aufalcon.com has a clean record and a policy of no tolerance for hooning on events on public roads….. that is in stone and ANYONE who breaks this will be told to leave.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #52
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

pity about the hoon element creeping in. But that is the internet for you.

It sounds like a good day. I wouldn't get overly concerned at the comparing the numbers as even on the dyno dynamics in shoot out mode I have seen the same car on the same dyno with the same mods pull 10 rwkw different on different days.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #53
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

was a good day, a bit more au's there would have been nice ey? but it was an alright turnout. Pitty i was unable to boost up me falc (i can fart 5 psi!), but next time i should be seeing some big numbers with more respectable boost running.
Thanks for the day guys, cant wait for the next event!
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #54
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
pity about the hoon element creeping in. But that is the internet for you.

It sounds like a good day. I wouldn't get overly concerned at the comparing the numbers as even on the dyno dynamics in shoot out mode I have seen the same car on the same dyno with the same mods pull 10 rwkw different on different days.
meh, dyno numbers are for fun. Only time they mean something is a before and after on the same dyno, same day, new mod.
Was a great day but I'll leave it to the 1/4 mile to do the real mod tests.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #55
LTDHO
The one and only

Thanks guys for turning up and enjoying the day, also a big thank to the 'go getter' motomk for running all over the suburbs shopping for printers.

If the dyno is reading low then I might just fall off my chair.
Last time I ran on the dyno I made 313.9 with 98 octane. Yesterday I expected around 300 as I was running it on 95 (bloody BP not having 98). As you can see I made 341. If it is ready low then my car should have shown 350. Imagine if it had 98 in it???

Thanks again to everyone that was there, Good to see everyone was repectful and there was no hooning.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #56
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

Aufalcon.com has a clean record and a policy of no tolerance for hooning on events on public roads….. that is in stone and ANYONE who breaks this will be told to leave.

Well said Casper, and the same goes for fordforums.com.au

FPVGT is no longer a member of these forums now is he welcome to any events organised by the forums.

This behaviour is for the track, for the saftey people, their family and the cars.

Bloody idiots!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #57
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-steve
man you really have something against taking pictures of my car!
*remembers lack of my car in tsunami cruise pictures as well*
I have some pics from the cruise a couple of weeks back, will post em for you
:
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #58
NZ
~~~

Sure it wasn't FPVWPN? AN EF Futura from memory.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #59
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB MkII
Sure it wasn't FPVWPN? AN EF Futura from memory.
no, the car in question was a black XR8 AU.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #60
NZ
~~~

Quote:
no, the car in question was a black XR8 AU.
Sounds a lot like a guy we had on GOR cruise. was it manual? and did it have some preformance shop sticker on the back window?

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post