Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Do you like the look of the AU (std) headlights?
Not fussed really. 43 23.76%
Yes, love them. 48 26.52%
Would change them if I could afford to. 50 27.62%
Worst part of the car. 40 22.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #61
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a (rough) chop done by a member a while ago, at least it gives some idea of the end result. :voldar02:
However, on the series 2 & 3, the modified bezel actually meets the bonnet line (it appears to have been done in texta, in this chop) thus "squaring" up the front which I'm told by Duffman, looks awesome. :

Last edited by The Dok; 15-03-2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Cause, that's all.
Old 15-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #62
stock au
Need go fast bit's

they look really good Doc, just a pitty i have Oo=oO front end
Old 15-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #63
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Here is a better idea of what they look like

Pics Friday/Saturday guranteed hopefully earlier.

Old 15-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #64
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Here is a better idea of what they look like

Pics Friday/Saturday guranteed hopefully earlier.
Not really, that too looks like the black has been "texta'd in". Just going through the sums........if I left NOW..........I should arrive in Brisbane...........camera in hand.............who's up for a "road trip"?? :
Old 15-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #65
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Just going through the sums........if I left NOW..........I should arrive in Brisbane...........camera in hand.............who's up for a "road trip"?? :
if it wasnt for the fact that ive pretty much just got back from a roadtrip, i'd say come pick me up....
Old 16-03-2006, 08:01 AM   #66
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Not really, that too looks like the black has been "texta'd in". Just going through the sums........if I left NOW..........I should arrive in Brisbane...........camera in hand.............who's up for a "road trip"?? :
Bring another pair of these lights .... fit them to mine ... and we can continue to Brisbane for the road trip .... with another camera as well ... hee hee.

Must say they look good on a WHITE AU.

drooool
Old 16-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #67
HLC
Audi S3

i wish they came in silver hahahahaha
Old 16-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #68
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

DOK - maybe patent ya idea or copyright it before ford does and steals it back from you ! ..lol - They way you have done them looks great , I think most people with standard AU lights would agree they look a treat and would be ready to buy them ( good aftermarket replacement ! ) - be nice to have it so the area you painted matches the color of the car , that would finish them off perfect. Just as a sugestion maybe - u could even paint the outside of the lense too np with hi-temp primer , then paint to color of car - could use diamond paste to buff the surface to be painted so the paint wouldnt chip or flake off .. just another idea anyway - but again - job well done mate, you put the original designers of those pattern lights to shame ;) .

:eclipsee_
Old 16-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #69
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k

Must say they look good on a WHITE AU.

drooool
Couldnt agree with you more Mechan1k :hihi:

So what do you reckon Dok could you do up two pairs??
:, I'll certainly buy a set so please note my interest if you do go into production.
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
Old 16-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #70
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I think The Dok is over-worked and underpaid.
hee hee.
Will have to wait and see ... I really don't want to push the poor guy into making something that's more hassle than it's worth though.

The Dok knows I am interested though ... and I think he knows many others are as well ... hee hee
Old 16-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #71
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
DOK - maybe patent ya idea or copyright it before ford does and steals it back from you ! ..lol - They way you have done them looks great , I think most people with standard AU lights would agree they look a treat and would be ready to buy them ( good aftermarket replacement ! ) - be nice to have it so the area you painted matches the color of the car , that would finish them off perfect. Just as a sugestion maybe - u could even paint the outside of the lense too np with hi-temp primer , then paint to color of car - could use diamond paste to buff the surface to be painted so the paint wouldnt chip or flake off .. just another idea anyway - but again - job well done mate, you put the original designers of those pattern lights to shame ;) .
Thanks for the appreciation. I must add, these are the genuine Ford headlight (not aftermarket) basically all I have done is modified them to "enhance" the appearance. Perhaps along the way I may start doing body coloured bezels, but for now black or silver are the only options due to the time involved in these mod's. I have already received many enquiries about these headlights, but as stated in an earlier post, until I see the pics of them "in the car" I haven't decided if I will do any more, as they were done for "love not profit" Keep an eye on this thread though, ya never know?
I must add, I'm blown away by all the interest given the crappy pics, I can guarantee, when some DECENT front on shots become available, you will all be amazed how good they actually look!
Old 16-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #72
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Now that you mentioned SILVER ... HLC will be very interested .... hee hee.

And I think you will find it's a little more difficult than just swapping headlights over and enhancing the internals too.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #73
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Its nighttime I know but I got a camera not the greatest but here is the first image

Old 16-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #74
LUXO_8
windsor user

ya need to take daytime pics mate, we want to see what they look like....

that just looks like a tinted headlight,
Old 16-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #75
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HOW MUCH?????????
Can you get these with just the normal bezel done in black??
Looks great dok! love your work ;)
Old 16-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #76
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Im uploading more pics now and ill go and get some with the flash on. Iv been going to work before daytime and comming home after so havent had the chance ill try and get some better ones tonight ill keep posting up as i go along. Also got shots of the light output
Old 16-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #77
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Dont they already have somthing like that on the AU TE50s?? looks sick thoo. makes a huge difference to the look of the front end.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #78
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Best I can do tonight without sun light.
Old 17-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #79
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Photos look great, considering. The headlights look mad, well done Dok.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 17-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #80
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Beam pattern looks the goods too ... excellent ... that's the pics I was wanting to see.
They look better and better every time I see more pics.
Old 18-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #81
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Looks good Dok i love projectors the XR front i had on my old ED its was great light were almost as good as my AU XR i dunno if its possible but could u put a projector into an AU XR? I reckon u could sell heaps but as u said with the EF/EL ones there is no smooth bit of glass on the light
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 18-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #82
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Old 18-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #83
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Anyone want any pics of the wiring/behind the headlight to show fitting into the bay?
Old 18-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #84
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Hay Dok few more images that arn't so bright.

So far the lights have been very good. They have alot more lightout put then the standard au lights. The light spreads alot better across the road at night and has a defined cut off point. This means the light isnt so dispearsed all over the place and has no dark patches. They are extremely good with the standard bulbs but would be very good with a set of HID lights.

In real life they are very dark lights (appearance) kind of like how concept cars always have very dark headlights. The projector causes the reflector part that use to be used for low beam to be almost black when you look at the light. This looks very good on a white car. The high beam is unchanged and works just like it did before with the standard lights. The parker lights are also brigher then standard due to their position.

When looking at the lights you can tell by the pictures the projector puts out a circle light as can be seen reflecting on the clear cover. When on the road the projectors cut off nicely and where they stop has a kind of purple looking tinge to it and appear to make bit of a V on the road right where they end... you can sort of see the V in the picture of the light reflection on the garage door.

With the wiring side of things I had to cut the old plug off for my H4 low beam and put on a new plug for the H1 low beam. This is just a simple exercise of using a crimping tool to add on the new wiring. Other then that they fit straight in just like stock lights. There now is a little less room between the battery and the end of the light as it sticks out further at the back. I think the main benefit is the fact that both low and high beam are now H1 making it that bit simplier when going to buy new lights.

The new black style eyelid also matches up pefectly with the end of the bonnet. As can be seen it makes the lights appear that bit slimmer and not so chunky. It meets right where the bonnet meets the grill and is lined up pefectly.

Overall they are very good lights with much better then expected light output. The projector can also be adjusted just using the standard adjusting knobs. They are not bright to oncomming traffic I haven't been flashed yet and they also seem to put out less glare then the standard lights.

The dok has done a very good job in producing the lights and once you see them its easy to tell its not just a simple job of sticking a projector into a standard light. I have to hand it to you dok you did what I thought could never be and never would be done and you achieved it with excellent results.
Old 19-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #85
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

far out i'd be up for a set of those...
Old 19-03-2006, 05:16 AM   #86
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

They look hot. It looks like they have been tinted. A job well done Dok. So can this be done for the AU XR lights?
Old 19-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #87
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
They look hot. It looks like they have been tinted. A job well done Dok. So can this be done for the AU XR lights?
Definately not!
The reasons are many & varied, but most importantly is access to the inside of the headlight ***'y. It would not even be possible (or cost effective) to "adapt" the E series XR projector set-up to the AU, besides, personally, I think the AU XR set-up is very good as it is!!! :

Last edited by The Dok; 19-03-2006 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Cause, that's all.
Old 19-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #88
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

damn they would hot as on my black ute
put me down for a set
Excellent work by the way

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
Old 20-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #89
bigred
Ford lover

Pm sent!
Old 22-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #90
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Damn Duffman ... you went mental with the camera ... but am happy to see the many pics of it though.

I love them ... and am interested in set myself.
Me likes.
Closed Thread