Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #31
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
Ouch! I didn't want to hear that! So Casper, are you looking at removing the hi-stall? I too would like to find out more about the pacemaker "re-designed headers". Their website has no mention of them.
no, the hi stall is no good for "dyno queening" but in the real world its benifits far outweigh its losses. I wont be going back to a stock converter, not a chance.

As for the headers, I'm not sure exactly what as changed as I never really studied the pacemakers all that much. All I know is that they have refined them some more and that they are improved from what they used to be. No suprise really, I'm sure most companies that are serious about header designs would be constantly be doing running improvements and design updates to their products. Pacemaker have been the biggest and one of the best for a long time.. I'd say they take "updates" to design very seriously and the results are now showing.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 14-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #32
stiddy
Banned

Great news Casper, bet it feels great to have your baby back..
Looking forward to seeing the 1/4 times..
maybe its time to upgrade the stall with a better one ;)

Well done, Stage 1 certainly is a great base/start.. its only going to get better from here.
Old 14-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #33
xr8ute
Back on the road

Sounds good mate, glad to see you've finally got stage 1 in your hands and on the road. Looks like a nice wide power band too.

How different does it sound with the new intake and exhaust? I recently cut the entire front off my airbox and the sound is berserk. I cant believe how much just the sound has improved my driving pleasure...

Any chance you'll sneak out to the track before the 20th? I dunno if I can wait a month to hear how it runs. The air is pretty decent this time of year, you should run a pretty decent number ;)

Bling is boring

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
Old 14-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #34
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
I thought your were getting around 136rwkw before you went to G&D ???

:
150 rwkw (JMM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
150 rwkw (JMM) - bwahahahahahaah... breathe..... bwahahahahah.. yup.
LOL 150 rear wheel MOCK watts you mean.. seriously you get an extra 15 free when you walk in the door.. _2:
Old 14-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
150 rwkw (JMM) - bwahahahahahaah... breathe..... bwahahahahah.. yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
LOL 150 rear wheel MOCK watts you mean.. seriously you get an extra 15 free when you walk in the door.. _2:
OMG lol :

But anyway, you're obviously not going to go back to stock converter but I'm just wondering - does that mean you will stick with your current one or are their plans to change to a different one?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 14-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #36
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
OMG lol :

But anyway, you're obviously not going to go back to stock converter but I'm just wondering - does that mean you will stick with your current one or are their plans to change to a different one?
: There might already be one on it's way. :evil_laug
Old 14-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #37
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
Ouch! I didn't want to hear that! So Casper, are you looking at removing the hi-stall? I too would like to find out more about the pacemaker "re-designed headers". Their website has no mention of them.
The main feature of the new Pacemaker Comps is a larger 1-5/8 primary pipe over the original Comp 1-1/2's.

Don't let rwkw losses worry you with high stalls,as Casper says the benefits far outweigh the losses.It's all about torque multiplication & thats what a high stall does "multiplys torque".This is what moves the cars mass from a standing start & also allows the engine to work in an area where the engine is starting to produce strong power & torque.Unfortunately the downside is a loss in RWKW's due to to the slippage required via different vain angles,stator designs etc to make them work.Rule of thumb on most cars is a 8-10rwkw loss using a 3000-3500rpm convertor,a 4000-5000rpm version may show a loss of 12-20rwkw's.Most high stalls have anywhere from 5-7% slip with a poor design showing as high as 10%.A manual transmission for example shows zero slip & a stock convertor also shows very little.The race track sorts out any worries when it comes to this issue.RWKW's aren't everything.

So in a nutshell don't rush out & pull your high stall convertor out if you have one,that is of course if it's correctly matched to your car.

Regards Glenn
Old 14-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #38
Rob
Living the dream

Glenn, the pacemakers on mine, are they new design or the old one?
Old 14-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #39
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
: There might already be one on it's way. :evil_laug
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... no need to spoil the future suprises.. _2:

Old 14-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Glenn, the pacemakers on mine, are they new design or the old one?
new, they are exactly the same as mine mate. I know this as a 100% fact as Glenn wanted to make sure you only got the newest stuff. The same will apply to all aufalcon.com members (or any other I6 Ford actually), only the lastest gear from G&D.

Old 14-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #41
Rob
Living the dream

Excellent, thanks.

Maybe I'll go cuddle them some more... :dr_Evil:
Old 14-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #42
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Excellent, thanks.

mine are hiding under a very shiney heat shield so I cant even see them! :

Old 14-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #43
scottc

Good stuff there Casper. It's a really nice car you have there, and doesnt need anymore modding.

I look forward to seeing the next stage mate.
Old 14-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #44
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Excellent, thanks.

BLC, I can see that picture right now. You in the corner cuddling and kissing the extractors, tears streaming from the eyes while repeating, "I love my extractors! I love G&D!" LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 14-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #45
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc
Good stuff there Casper. It's a really nice car you have there, and doesnt need anymore modding.
[
Oh but it does, it does need so much more! (although that quick drive in the rain was an eyeopener. : )

Old 14-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #46
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

Well done Casper, they are good results. I hope you are happy with what they have achieved and more importantly, you enjoy your car.

LUKE

XR6BBQ.......... Just when you thought I had given up!!!
Old 14-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #47
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
BLC, I can see that picture right now. You in the corner cuddling and kissing the extractors, tears streaming from the eyes while repeating, "I love my extractors! I love G&D!" LOL!

GK

Uh... nobody was supposed to see that....

Thought I was alone :
Old 14-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #48
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Excellent, thanks.

: hope you warm them up first sleep:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 14-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDSLIDER
Well done Casper, they are good results. I hope you are happy with what they have achieved and more importantly, you enjoy your car.

LUKE
Very happy mate. Its feeling really strong now. Not quite in the same league as that blue beastie of yours but I'm happy with how its going. Hopefully you'll be bringing yours out to play in May at Heathcote and the cool weather should see you break that barrier you have been chasing for a while now. Would love to see it happen too. :eclipsee_

Old 14-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #50
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

I am just waiting on some parts for my new auto to arrive. At this stage it is all systems go for the 20th. I have had a new stall convertor made and with the new box I will be chasing that 11.99 that I have been after for along time now. :

As for not being in the same league, thats is true, but we both also know that I have thrown alot of money at my car, not doubt it would be double what you have spent, if not more. And I can't even drive mine down the road.(legally) :yeees:

I just hope you go out and achieve what you have been searching for,as you also have been hunting that 14.99 for awhile now too.

Oh, and by the way, be kind to your back tyres, they didn't like you before, so I am sure they are going to hate you now!!!!! :Up_to_som

LUKE

Old 14-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #51
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I am just waiting on some parts for my new auto to arrive. At this stage it is all systems go for the 20th. I have had a new stall convertor made and with the new box I will be chasing that 11.99 that I have been after for along time now. :

As for not being in the same league, thats is true, but we both also know that I have thrown alot of money at my car, not doubt it would be double what you have spent, if not more. And I can't even drive mine down the road.(legally) :yeees:

I just hope you go out and achieve what you have been searching for,as you also have been hunting that 14.99 for awhile now too.

Oh, and by the way, be kind to your back tyres, they didn't like you before, so I am sure they are going to hate you now!!!!! :Up_to_som

LUKE
you get that 11.99 cause I'm going to be getting that 14.99 or better without a doubt now. I'm not mucking around with it now.
As for cash, I'd certainly say you have thrown a lot more into yours than mine as it has some rather impressive bits in it. Actually, I think you have spent more on transmissions alone than Ive spent on my car. The price we pay I guess. I'm not all that quick but I get to go harrass Commies at the lights when the urge says I should. Leagally too.
Oh, and my back tyres hate my guts now. Did you know how loud and smokey it can get in the Burnley tunnel when you're trapped in an Easter thursday traffic jam? : Damn tyre smoke, who did that? :evilsasmo

Old 14-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #52
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

And If all else fails, I will have that pretty blue bottle sitting there waiting. I am not going to leave Heathcote on the 20th without a 11.99 or under pass.

We'll have to have a coffee or a bourbon at Heathcote, its been awhile since I have seen you.

LUKE

Old 14-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #53
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
We'll have to have a coffee or a bourbon at Heathcote, its been awhile since I have seen you.

LUKE
Sounds good to me

Old 14-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #54
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Good to se you guys at G&D giving it 100%. Casper has run a best of 15 second quarter mile.The true test of these mods at the end of the day will be the running of the 1/4 mile. Cant wait for the results with these good power increases.
Btw when will Casper be running?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #55
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Good to se you guys at G&D giving it 100%. Casper has run a best of 15 second quarter mile.The true test of these mods at the end of the day will be the running of the 1/4 mile. Cant wait for the results with these good power increases.
Btw when will Casper be running?
Heathcote, May 20th. Everyone will know at the same time as I do what the ET is going to be. No smoke or mirrors, everything is going to be done in front of a crowd so we all see together (unless I cant hold back and hit Calder between now and then)

Old 14-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #56
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Good to hear your having some good results so far ;) (well done G&D too), i hope it all goes as planned for ya , also looking foward to seeing it run too . cheers

:eclipsee_
Old 14-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #57
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
(unless I cant hold back and hit Calder between now and then)
Have patience Obi Wan...the force should be with you. :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #58
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

casper how much did u pay for all of this?
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
Old 14-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #59
Mangi
Mangi

Casper, just curious how much G&D charged you for those mod updates? Just curious as i am looking at updating my Mods as well. I currently have herrod extractors with a 2.5" hi flow exhaust system, unichip, k&n filter with a 3" mandrel bend air intake. Does anyone have anu suggestions with changing or keeping any of the stuff? Is a Unichip outdated?
Old 14-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #60
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-MAN
casper how much did u pay for all of this?
3 fingers and a left testical. :monkes:

Glenn used my car for a lot of R&D and I got looked after for it however it would be around the $3500 mark to get exactly the same as mine I guess, give or take. Not sure if they will ever do an identical exhaust to mine again as its made in specific sections for testing purposes but they now know what really works on the I6 and could replicate it again. As I said, I lost count of exhaust systems because G&D wanted to make one that truely worked for the I6 setup, not just one that someone esle made for them and said woked.

Closed Thread