Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default I am throwing down the gauntlet!!!

Well tonight I decided to go for it 100% .I am aiming at the 13 second bracket from here on in .My plans will take a few months but I dont see why no one has reached the 13 second bracket.All the dilly dally ,dancing girls and then what? No ones done it.Bah!!

Will I do it is anyones guess but there you go.Is anyone else trying ?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone was talking about this a while back now. I think it was Casper? GO FOR IT MAN
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
Damo
Banned

how do you plan on getting there is the question ? Getting rid or that DEV4 would be the first step.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Getting rid or that DEV4 would be the first step.
I second that!!

Go for it stav.. Good luck..
: time for a rebuild, blower, 4000stall and 4.11's :
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #5
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
.All the dilly dally ,dancing girls and then what? No ones done it.Bah!!
Well stav, wind that puppy up and slap it on the ar$e, and lets see it dance the quick step down the qtr. out:
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Essiest way to get there is via Turbo. Low boost snort kit works out roughly the same cost as doing heaps of NA work, but car will be less stressed and more reliable and streetable. A 13 second NA I6 would be an animal to drive on the streets (read, not comfortable). A 13 second Turbo I6 would be a doddle when you want to be, and quick when unleashed.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Dan got Mals old AU into the 12's ages ago. All been done before with turbo's etc. Its a 13 second NA that I'm interested in.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'm hoping for 13.9999999999 with 7.5psi boost from my Powerdyne... that would do me and my poor t5 too :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'm hoping for 13.9999999999 with 7.5psi boost from my Powerdyne... that would do me and my poor t5 too :P
With a 15 flat NA I think you will get a pleasent suprise then. Mid 13's are more likely once the blower is on.

Old 15-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I am after 13 second normally aspirated guys. My pb before my pb was 15.192. !! All i did was an intake and a hybrid 3/ 2/1/2 inch exhaust which I designed ,then retune and was running consistent 14.8's and pb of 14.77 and the new lsd was rooted and being a single spinner. .The difference is .422 of a second with no engine changes.

Dyno readings though..I dont trust them at all.With both of my progressive pb's the car dynoed at the same dyno with 131 rwkws despite a .422 second difference. On croydens dyno I pulled 147.8 rwkws at the same times.I am aiming at 160 on this dyno.
My gtech has been the best predictor of my times by the 0-100 readings.For me to run a 13.8-13.77 my gtech should give me an unstalled time 0-100km of 6.53 seconds.
The dev 4 cam is an awesome cam when tuned right.It took 3 different ones to tune my car to make it work perfectly. This motor now is the second motor in the car and is a crap au2 motor.I know the au1's definately get the better cylinder heads.Despite this the wagon is great fun to drive and just flies whe I plant it.I even still think of not doing it at all cause its so bloody good.

I dont believe that I have to rebuild the engine to get into the 13's or as near as .The head is half finished and I ported it myself from a porting book.
My engine is taking water in so its time to pull my finger out for the fateful day the au dies with a head gasket leak.

I am looking at this a few ways..I can leave the cam,do the head.I can get a bigger cam and go for more mph .
Or I can do the head and new cam.Or I can replace the head bolts before the gasket leak and the car will last for a few more years.

The dev 4 is a power plant which gets up to 99 mph on manual cars.So this is more than enough to do a 13.For true power comparison to an auto xr6 with xorst my dev 4 pulls 6-7 more rwkws on the same day same dyno.

The only difference to this car as to others is it is a genuine work/family car.It wont be getting gears that annoy me at freeway speeds nor a cam which idles like its having a heart attack.It is my goal to have comfort and power..not a full drag setup on the street so a manual is out!!

I may do the head and see if the dev 4 likes it first.If it doesnt talk dirty to me then in goes something else.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 15-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Get that new head on, a retune and get to the track Stav. Lots of us are interested in the results.

Old 15-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #12
Stav
Smile

The results will hopefully be good.Alot have gone backwards with thoughts of granduer. I will take my time with it because as you know it all costs money and time to get it right.The immediate work I am thinking without doing the head could be a simple 600 dollar exercise. I wont say I will do a 13 second pass but I have a goal of 13 seconds in my heart because I think its doable..this is my goal.

To do mods then rush is a bad way to do it.If somethiing does work gtech will tell me.It is a hard judge that gtech but its a truthful one.It tells me if I have stuffed up or not.

Old 15-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
Stav
Smile

I really really dont like being overtaken by m3 bmw's or manual turbo xr6t's..I have got to do this. :evilking:

Old 15-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I've found your gauntlet :

Old 15-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a V8.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #16
Stav
Smile

If it works then it will be installed mate.On the back to wave goodbye to those behind me...lol

Maybe with a motor in the middle finger ,switch in the front so that I can occasionally give them the finger

Old 15-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #17
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Dan got Mals old AU into the 12's ages ago. All been done before with turbo's etc. Its a 13 second NA that I'm interested in.

*cough* 11's *cough* :

Good luck with it Stav!
Old 15-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #18
Stav
Smile

Thanks Casper had to check if it is ok to show my gauntlet

Old 15-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

13.99 type 13's from a N/A AU!!

It's not so easy for a street registered daily driver. Not for a heavy LWB wagon.

you have been real lucky to get half second improvemnets at a time mostly its tenths backward and two tenths forward stuff.

If you keep the wagon streetable its just too heavy and you will need more power than is likely N/A.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #20
Sapper
Back to the AU

'On ya useless! Hopefully you'll put the I6 where it belongs and reveal the secret to unlocking its potential! A tech doco for it would be cool when you get there...
Old 15-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #21
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Good luck with your endeavours, I can relate as I chased my quest to become the first unopened Boss into the 11's, a quest that many thought would not happen as it was only months earlier people were trying to get a Boss into the 12's.

Good luck

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #22
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Good luck with your endeavours, I can relate as I chased my quest to become the first unopened Boss into the 11's, a quest that many thought would not happen as it was only months earlier people were trying to get a Boss into the 12's.

Good luck
Thanks mate.I think you only stop when you believe there is nothing left to improve on..I think theres more there.If I get the thing into the 13's ill write a book on it and sell it.

Old 15-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #23
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
13.99 type 13's from a N/A AU!!

It's not so easy for a street registered daily driver. Not for a heavy LWB wagon.

you have been real lucky to get half second improvemnets at a time mostly its tenths backward and two tenths forward stuff.

If you keep the wagon streetable its just too heavy and you will need more power than is likely N/A.
Jonbays its not only the power.Its the setup.Guys have to concentrate on the fattest power in the usable range.No point having alot of power were it cant be used/

Old 15-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #24
xr8ute
Back on the road

I believe you can do it Stav, stick with it buddy

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #25
jones_aus

ever had a run with slicks?
jones_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #26
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I believe you can do it Stav, stick with it buddy
Thanks Dave..I believe it is gonna happen too but its gonna take luck and some elbow grease.I am relying heavily on my headwork and further intake exhaust mods to make it happen. I honestly have never seen bigger ports on an i6 head before definately not on ed-el heads.. and whats better is it flowed well.

It all looks good on paper though..flow figures,dynos and fairy floss!When the chips are down the timeslip says the truth..

Hopefully the next 10 months of my R&D may well pay off.But as I mentioned earlier..dont like manual xr6t's or m3 bmw's passing me.

Last edited by Stav; 15-10-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 15-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #27
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Jonbays its not only the power.Its the setup.Guys have to concentrate on the fattest power in the usable range.No point having alot of power were it cant be used/
I know your setup is tops beats my wagon over the qtr hands down but i still reckon my engine is giving me more power just can't get it where i need it when i want it.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #28
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Essiest way to get there is via Turbo. Low boost snort kit works out roughly the same cost as doing heaps of NA work, but car will be less stressed and more reliable and streetable.

A 13 second NA I6 would be an animal to drive on the streets (read, not comfortable). A 13 second Turbo I6 would be a doddle when you want to be, and quick when unleashed.
Quite good points I reckon. Having a daily driver with a double personality would be awesome!

I know Casper's after all that in NA form and good on him for going for it, but there's nothing wrong with going the turbo route either IMO!

All the best with your decisions!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #29
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
I know your setup is tops beats my wagon over the qtr hands down but i still reckon my engine is giving me more power just can't get it where i need it when i want it.
My car has not got as much power as yours at peak,This is something I am going to address. However for the past few months it goes really well on a streetable level.I think it is running out of puff for a few reasons...Firstly, the valve springs need to be stiffer,secondly the head needs work ,thirdly is that the cam is not good enough to make the power. All too often it is easy to blame the cam when other things need sorting first.So I will sort it out as the months tick by.

Old 15-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Good luck to you Stav,I like your positive outlook !
If I can be of any help don't hesitate to call.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post