Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #211
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
My bro had an xa 2 v 250 it was the quickest six I have ever been in.Including turbo cars. It was using 80 dollars of fuel for 250kays back in 1983..but it was worth it!!!
Around 1L per 1KM?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #212
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
Around 1L per 1KM?
Trust me to reach the radio under wide open throttle we needed a month with the ab king pro stomach exerciser.It was super torquey!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #213
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back on the subject of times and turbo-n/a, 14's are the norm for the N/A I6 Falcons, as is 12's for the turbo's, 13's for the N/a's are 11's for the Turbos.
I guess what I'm saying, is no matter what, there will always be someone faster then you.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #214
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
back on the subject of times and turbo-n/a, 14's are the norm for the N/A I6 Falcons, as is 12's for the turbo's, 13's for the N/a's are 11's for the Turbos.
I guess what I'm saying, is no matter what, there will always be someone faster then you.
Depends how far you want to take it and if you know something they dont.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #215
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Depends how far you want to take it and if you know something they dont.
I can't agree at all with you on this mate.

A turbo'ed donk will always have much more up it's sleeve than an NA motor of the same make. Just keep pouring boost on.

I had a pretty good NA 6 in my XH, and I was pretty happy with how it went, however I'm seriously contemplating a turbo for my AU.
Mainly because NA I'm pushing up hill trying to reach even 200rwkw.
With a turbo, 200rwkw is a walk in the park, and even 300rwkw isn't that much effort.

At the end of the day, I don't really care how it makes it's power, I just want lots of it, and a hair dryer is looking more and more desirable to me.

Rick.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #216
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
I can't agree at all with you on this mate.

A turbo'ed donk will always have much more up it's sleeve than an NA motor of the same make. Just keep pouring boost on.

I had a pretty good NA 6 in my XH, and I was pretty happy with how it went, however I'm seriously contemplating a turbo for my AU.
Mainly because NA I'm pushing up hill trying to reach even 200rwkw.
With a turbo, 200rwkw is a walk in the park, and even 300rwkw isn't that much effort.

At the end of the day, I don't really care how it makes it's power, I just want lots of it, and a hair dryer is looking more and more desirable to me.

Rick.
True true.Cranking up the boost and then if it doesnt break it should get more power.Maybe I am expecting too much from the 4.0 i6 in na form...

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #217
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
True true.Cranking up the boost and then if it doesnt break it should get more power.
Not should, will, all things being equal and done properly.
Stopping them from breaking is easy enough, but it doesn't come cheap when we're talking lots of power, reliably.
Quote:
Maybe I am expecting too much from the 4.0 i6 in na form...
Very likely.
They're a not a bad engine, but they're no 3.2L BMW M3 engine.

For road use, I suspect 200rwkw is their practical limit, which is really pretty bloody good.
But still a long way from what a turbo can easily achieve.

Rick.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #218
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
True true.Cranking up the boost and then if it doesnt break it should get more power.Maybe I am expecting too much from the 4.0 i6 in na form...
maybe you are not thinking straight.. It isn't the 4.0 in n/a form that is the killer, it's the 1500-1600 kilo body that it nestles in. To see the true potential of the n/a 6 potter throw it into a lighter car.. Got a Cortina laying around at home Stav?
It is not the fault of the engine that is holding us back but the fact that we are trying to push a full sized family car down the road with only 170-180 rwkw. To make a car boogie you need two things weight or power.. In N/a form the 4.0l just doesn't have enough huff and puff to do the job for the average bloke. I remember long time ago when Aesop was still writing fables the Mock EB that had no interior was running 13.8 yet today with 'new' designed headers, cam shaft profiles and the be all and end all- the EDIt we aren't any further along...
I am not shooting you down Stav, I admire your devotion and inspirational qualities but I don't think it is for everyone.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #219
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
maybe you are not thinking straight.. It isn't the 4.0 in n/a form that is the killer, it's the 1500-1600 kilo body that it nestles in. To see the true potential of the n/a 6 potter throw it into a lighter car.. Got a Cortina laying around at home Stav?
It is not the fault of the engine that is holding us back but the fact that we are trying to push a full sized family car down the road with only 170-180 rwkw. To make a car boogie you need two things weight or power.. In N/a form the 4.0l just doesn't have enough huff and puff to do the job for the average bloke. I remember long time ago when Aesop was still writing fables the Mock EB that had no interior was running 13.8 yet today with 'new' designed headers, cam shaft profiles and the be all and end all- the EDIt we aren't any further along...
I am not shooting you down Stav, I admire your devotion and inspirational qualities but I don't think it is for everyone.
No worries mate. The bigger plan for the wagon is to be deregistered and become a drag only car.Lighter body parts and crazy camshaft are on the agenda. The bmw m3 weighs around 1300 kgs with the 3.2 litre engine .Nissan 200sx I have seen with 10 killowatts more than mine on Croydons dyno pull mid 13's due to their weight. I think I am addicted to making something happen which is unlikely.
Maybe I should start a horsepower helpline for horsepower addicts..lol

You can quit with help!!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #220
Stav
Smile

It all started with a light seduction of headers and exhaust..then I wanted more...I got hooked on cams and headwork!!!

Sox what do you really think we can achieve with these cars with a streetable au ford down the 1/4 mile?

Old 06-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #221
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
It all started with a light seduction of headers and exhaust..then I wanted more...I got hooked on cams and headwork!!!
Yer, addictive ain't it....
Quote:
Sox what do you really think we can achieve with these cars with a streetable au ford down the 1/4 mile?
Really tough question as everyones idea of streetable is different.
My idea is something which a wife could still take kids to school with, in comfort.
So based on that, I would reason that low 14's / high 13's are it.

If wifey ain't driving, and you're not interested in rear seats, idling issues, etc, then I would imagine getting into the 12 sec bracket isn't out of the question.

But, as I said above, with a turbo, it could be used as a daily driven vehicle and run 12's.

It really depends on what you're after.

Rick.

EDIT: BTW, an E46 BMW M3 is just a bee's dick over 1500kg.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #222
Sonik
Banned

Quote:
Around 1L per 1KM?
Sucks if you want to go to sydney :
Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #223
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Yer, addictive ain't it....

Really tough question as everyones idea of streetable is different.
My idea is something which a wife could still take kids to school with, in comfort.
So based on that, I would reason that low 14's / high 13's are it.

If wifey ain't driving, and you're not interested in rear seats, idling issues, etc, then I would imagine getting into the 12 sec bracket isn't out of the question.

But, as I said above, with a turbo, it could be used as a daily driven vehicle and run 12's.

It really depends on what you're after.

Rick.

EDIT: BTW, an E46 BMW M3 is just a bee's dick over 1500kg.
I am planning on 2 trips to wsid in Winter. My first trip will be in full street trim and my second will be stripped for the sake of comparison.It is going to be n interesting experiment.