Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
XRQTOR
Banned

Default Insurance Woes

Hey fella's, it's time to reinsure my xr8. If people could list as many insurance companies as possible it'd be great. No one wants to cover the car with me as a driver or they want way to much.

Nrma quoted $4,*** ish a few months back and it has now jumped to over $7,ooo with their new deals.

Just cars have been the cheapest at $525o. It would be $36oo if i didn't tell em a few details. About a year ago i nudge'd another car from behind, my fault i know. I payed for repairs to both cars out of my own pocket so not to affect insurace, the bloke i hit wanted to run it throught insurance but the repairer canned it for me and let me pay cash. He rang the local coppers and they rang me, confirmed what had happened and that was the end of it, as far as i know no reports were made and no insurance companies involved. Is there anyway to find out if the copper reported it or not.

I made the mistake of telling just cars about 6months ago while getting a quote only because i was told it wouldn't affect my premium as no claim was made. Total bullshit that was. So when ever i get a quote now they know about it even if it cant be proved, i cant now say it never happend can i.

Anyone who works in the industry any advice.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Try Suncorp Insurance.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Leigh have you had that car for 12 months already?
who is your insurance with now?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
XRQTOR
Banned

Car is currently insured through a broker under a business name, i left insurance to the last min and had to do it this way. I have nearly had my licence for 2 years and have been insured the whole time full copm and the broker will back it up.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Leigh have you had that car for 12 months already?
who is your insurance with now?
Na mate got it nov o4,one of the first few MKII's delivered.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #6
XRQTOR
Banned

Im not going to mention the bumper cars session as they cant/wont know. Biggest thing is i've just turned 2o and am driving a MKII Ba xr8.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #7
8pAc
RDP #181

Simple, move to brisbane, lol i know that doesnt help, but just to twist the knife full compo for my au3 220 xr8 was 1250 bucks. Damn im glad i dont live in sydney
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pAc|30nG|00n
Simple, move to brisbane, lol i know that doesnt help, but just to twist the knife full compo for my au3 220 xr8 was 1250 bucks. Damn im glad i dont live in sydney
Tried changing the addy to S.A where my licence is current but it didn't affect the price at all.
Old 31-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #9
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Insurance companies share info, so what one knows the others will know - they might not mention it when you sign the contract, but they'd find it pretty fast when they have to pay out.

Also, all of your conversations with them are recorded - so if the consultant agrees to something and the company tries to negate it at a later stage, demand that they pull the tapes up.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #10
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Shit 7 grand thats a bit much.
Lets see thiers young & cool, shannons, sgio, rac, justcars, thier the only ones I can think of for now. My insurance is due soon as well so ill be doing the rounds soon as well. Good luck and let us know who you go with.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 12:56 AM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Insurance companies share info, so what one knows the others will know - they might not mention it when you sign the contract, but they'd find it pretty fast when they have to pay out.

Also, all of your conversations with them are recorded - so if the consultant agrees to something and the company tries to negate it at a later stage, demand that they pull the tapes up.
I'd be happy if the tapes dissapear. They wouldn't share quote details would they, i can understand driving history and the likes (Bit like credit history) but quote details i'd doubt but if they do............
Old 31-03-2005, 12:58 AM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbs19
Shit 7 grand thats a bit much.
Lets see thiers young & cool, shannons, sgio, rac, justcars, thier the only ones I can think of for now. My insurance is due soon as well so ill be doing the rounds soon as well. Good luck and let us know who you go with.
Young & Kool wont touch it as it's market value is above $3o,ooo. Shannons wont touch under 25's. Who's this Sgio and rac.
Old 31-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #13
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Lifes a bitch when you are young, a guy, and drive anything with more than 3 cylinders...don't I know.
Good luck mate.
Old 31-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #14
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hrmm, bit of a pickle....i hate insurance companies..
I found Just Car are the best for under 25's, im 22, my insurance for my 2004 XR6NA is $2000 and im only on a rating 5, if i had gone with shannons it would have been twice as much, half of the others wouldnt touch me with a ten foot barge pole.. :
My advice, bite the bullet, and call Just Car for another quote...and try ringing the cop shop to see if a police report was filed about that accident..(maybe not in that order )
Old 31-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #15
vitto
There is nothing beta...

Hey have u tried Shannons... 1300 139 006..I'm with them at the mo & they have good so far with the price
vitto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #16
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Young & Kool wont touch it as it's market value is above $3o,ooo. Shannons wont touch under 25's. Who's this Sgio and rac.
: yes he has
Old 31-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Hrmm, bit of a pickle....i hate insurance companies..
I found Just Car are the best for under 25's, im 22, my insurance for my 2004 XR6NA is $2000 and im only on a rating 5, if i had gone with shannons it would have been twice as much, half of the others wouldnt touch me with a ten foot barge pole.. :
My advice, bite the bullet, and call Just Car for another quote...and try ringing the cop shop to see if a police report was filed about that accident..(maybe not in that order )
Yea i'd throw the cash at them right now except iv'e already told them about it, when ever i ring for a quote it automatically comes up. But last time i rang i thought it might be cheaper to try and insure it in sa, nup same price with them.

Dunno who the copper is it was about 12months ago, she only rang and asked a few q's and i think the old man faxed a copy of my licence to her.
Old 31-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #18
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

hmm that is harsh...and im sure you have earnt the car but a brand spanking new mk2 xr8 at 20 is asking for trouble from a insurance perspective.

Mate just call everyone, even some brokers, its tough but to be honest I would have thought you had this figured out before you brought the car. $7000 per year for a xr8...fudge that.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #19
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Have you tried your local RAC club?
Old 31-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #20
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$7K what a rip, that's what RACV would want to charge me for a Soarer, Just Car less than 1/3 of that with the same excess and that included my shitty driving history. The car being worth over $30k is what is screwing it up for you it looks like to me and there is not much you can do about that.

Oh and they will never tell you it will adversly effect your premium, or at least they say it won't be much, till they enter a claim in...
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #21
XRQTOR
Banned

Just car's- $5115/Rang again and now got told $3545 (paperwork's in the mail)
Shannon's-No
Nrma-$5676 pa (monthly payments).
Aami-No
Suncorp-No
Gio-No

Rang just cars agin, originally the quote was $5115 and i told him iv'e been insured for nearly 2 years with the one accident. No claims were made and i paid the bill. He said it doesn't affect the premium as no claim was made which is the direct oppisite to what the bird told me yesterday. asked him to send me throught the paperwork asap.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 31-03-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 31-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #22
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
hmm that is harsh...and im sure you have earnt the car but a brand spanking new mk2 xr8 at 20 is asking for trouble from a insurance perspective.

Mate just call everyone, even some brokers, its tough but to be honest I would have thought you had this figured out before you brought the car. $7000 per year for a xr8...fudge that.
I can insure it in a business name for $3,ooo but i dont want to that. Long story there. Had it figured out b4 i bought it till i got screwed with the just car deal, looks promisiing again.

I dont know who's worse the insurance compaines for not wanting to touch it or the coppers for giving me a hard time everytime i drive it.
Old 31-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #23
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Have you tried your local RAC club?
Who are these guys, im in nsw so who should i ask for when i ring directory assist.
Old 31-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #24
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

I think rac is WA only and then thier is racv for VIC.
Just recieved my insurance in the mail today and its 1340 this year which I thought wasnt too bad but then I noticed its insured for market value. I then noticed that im still on 30% no claim when Im pretty damn sure it was that last year so it should go up this year right. Going to have to ring up and find out whats going on now. Im glad I dont live in Sydney as anything over 2500 and I wouldn't have bought my car.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Correct - RAC and RACV wont touch anything in NSW, they refer it all to NRMA, and vice versa.

I dare say you're in trouble! One of the joys of owning an 8 i guess, and at such a (comparitively) young age.
Old 31-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #26
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbs19
I think rac is WA only and then thier is racv for VIC.
Just recieved my insurance in the mail today and its 1340 this year which I thought wasnt too bad but then I noticed its insured for market value. I then noticed that im still on 30% no claim when Im pretty damn sure it was that last year so it should go up this year right. Going to have to ring up and find out whats going on now. Im glad I dont live in Sydney as anything over 2500 and I wouldn't have bought my car.
Lol im dumb enough to cop a $5,ooo bill for it.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:13 AM   #27
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au

This is NOT the case.
It can be just a random few calls that are listened into (FSRA fincial services reform act) requires it for quality control. they are NOT taped. listened into by another company employee that then gives feedback to the opperator so the opperator can improve thier skills. a computer record that a call was listened into on date xxxxxx by opperator xxxxx and then list of mistakes is kept for an internal audit. no actual tapes are made or produced. And as mentioned before a selection of random calls. where I work it is 5 call per month an opperator is listened in on.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #28
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We're with Budget Direct, which we did through the Internet. The premium was a few hundred dollars cheaper then the next best quote & half the NRMA. They allow some modifications but I don't have too many, so its best to check. Not sure about claims processing (touch wood).
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #29
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the quote, are you able to request an incurance and claim history from your insurance company? I assume it would be your right to do so and it would clear up this little bumper session incident, anyone know if this is possible?
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #30
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
With the quote, are you able to request an incurance and claim history from your insurance company? I assume it would be your right to do so and it would clear up this little bumper session incident, anyone know if this is possible?
I know for fact the question asked by Just Cars is this.
"In The last 3 years have you had any accidents , claims or thefts?"
The question does not differentiate weather or not you claimed on insurance. It is the events and incedents in the last 3 years that will dictate the no claim bonus you recieve. I would be sceptical of the second opperator that told you it did not matter, get them to check it with thier supervisor and also get them to put thier supervisors name to messages on the quote if it was correct or you may find at claim time they ask for the extra premium before they act.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post