Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default How to pull apart the ignition barrel?

Well, my key has had a bit of a bend in it for a while, and today I went to start it and must have had pressure in the wrong place.

Now most of my key is stuck halfway in the ignition barrel, broken off in there.

Which has basically rendered my car disabled, as I can't get the bit out, which blocks my other key from going in to start it.

Not happy at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah I need to know how to pull out the barrel and take it apart to get the bit out, or whether its going to be easier to get a locksmith to do it for me or what.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Also, how much is a new key?

I've just busted the tip off my spare trying to see if I could loosen up the bit stuck in there :( What a brilliant day.

And when I do get a new key how do I reprogram it to work on my car, I read somewhere you need an original key, which I have two of, but both broken?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

You need to be able to turn the key in the barrel to get to accessories so you can remove it from the lock, if you cannot then you are going to have to either get a locksmith to come to your car OR, take out the lock from the car and take the lot ot a locksmith.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post